Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 40

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Gain volumes on the mc6000mk2 are plus 20%, I need max gain volume to be plus 10%.

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 9:45 pm
Where are you getting this from? As I said, the mapping doesn't contain anything that boosts the gain by 20% (which is what you seem to be saying).

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 10:06 pm
The mixers gains are plus 20% it says on the mixer face it's self,

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 10:13 pm
Ah right, now I get you!

That's not a percentage, it's dB. Plus, the mixer on the mk2 is not really a mixer - it's a controller for the VDJ software mixer. The software mixer simply responds to the mapping command of 'gain'.

Regardless of what's written on the unit, the software is just controlling the gain the same way it would from any MIDI controller set to control 'gain'.

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 10:50 pm
I think this mixer has a preamp in it and the gains adjust that as well as the software gains and given the fact that the mixers gain is plus 20 % thats why I have so much gain/headroom!

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 10:58 pm
It's not a percentage!

+20 is the amount of decibels that the gain control (on a hardware mixer) would be capable of adding to the signal.

However, the mk2 gain controls simply send a MIDI signal (from 0 to 127) to VDJ.

The VDJ software mixer gain control only has a 12dB boost - I just checked on my PC here, by turning the s/w mixer gain up. The figure given when hovering over the gain knob is +12dB. So when you turn the controller gain knob up, the highest VDJ can increase the signal is 12dB.

However, I am willing to be proven wrong by VDJ staff if they know more than I do :-)

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:06 pm
ok, i need this to be plus 6db.

How do i do this?

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:08 pm
in fact, i need this to be less than 0db at top dead centre (12 o'clock) -8.45db at 12 o'clock would be great

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:13 pm
0dB at the centre position is the VDJ norm. It makes sense because it gives you an even amount of boost or cut.

You can lower the overall output level by changing the zerodB setting in config. Most people set it to -6dB.

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:25 pm
-6db at top dead centre (12 o'clock) would be great but the only setting I see for the gain knobs is "gain" no levels as such?

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:39 pm
Setting a lower zerodb level won't change the "0dB in the centre" setting of the gain controls. What it does is provide more headroom for the software mixer.

The default setting doesn't allow any headroom, so when the tracks are at 0dB they're at the maximum level that VDJ can output - meaning that any use of EQ boost or mixing track together will push the output past max and trigger the limiter. Most users would agree that you don't want that!

Setting zerodb to -6 gives the tracks a "breathing space" of six decibels so you could (for example) add 6dB of bass without triggering the limiter.

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 11:47 pm
I would like to experiment with this, how would I go about setting to -6db?

Posté Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 8:22 pm
Search for ZeroDB in settings and change it there.

You need to also have autoGain set to auto, not auto+remember for it to work.

I tried it but the gain went all weird on me with the controller. Not had a chance to play about with it properly.

Posté Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 8:44 pm
Thanks Keith,

I have done this now and will report back with findings.

Posté Wed 24 Feb 16 @ 5:52 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I use booth out all the time and have had no issues at all.

Keith

Hey guys, this bowling alley wants me to just bring my mixer and laptop, do i just go out of the 1/4 in jacks for the booth send into there system and thats it? or do i need to change something on settings? Thanks!

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 2:34 am
No, booth out is a hardware control. Just make sure the selector at the bottom is set to master (furthest setting on the right) and you press the "post" button to use the mic on the booth out.

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 7:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)