Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 39

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I replaced my ones. Takes about 90 minutes but it's not too bad a job.

Also gives you a chance to clean the top plate and check all the internal connections.

Getting hold of the switches themselves seems to be the current issue.

Posté Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 10:18 am
djlk4uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
DJSoulman wrote :
I watched that video from start to finish. Couldn't believe the amount of work involved just to replace a couple of buttons. Mine need doing, probably sweetheart someone else to do it after watching that lol.

Hey @djSoulman, If you can't find someone to do the job for you, give me a holla...@kradcliffe is right...getting hold of the switches can be a problem.

Posté Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 5:25 pm
@djlk4u I'm in the UK lol.

Posté Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 12:01 am
DJSoulman wrote :
@djlk4u I'm in the UK lol.

Oh shit! lol

Posté Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 2:49 am
the denon mc6000mk2 has mic issues how do i correct them the mic runs hot

Posté Thu 24 Dec 15 @ 4:47 pm
The mics are hardware controlled so it's not a VDJ issue. Get some attenuators like this.

Posté Thu 24 Dec 15 @ 5:12 pm
The mic channels are sensative , but i have never had any problems, just turn the gain down, i have used cheapnand chearful mic, like kam and the industry standard sm series , never had a need for an attenuator.

Posté Fri 25 Dec 15 @ 8:52 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The MC6000 Mk1 has known issues with the mic stage being poorly matched and therefore easily overloaded with standard dynamic and wireless microphone systems but the Mk2 has far better mic inputs. The attenuator above will certainly help with the Mk1 but unless you're driving the Mk2 mic stage with a hot radio mic you shouldn't need one.

Posté Fri 25 Dec 15 @ 10:47 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
The problem is that everyone thinks that turning the mic pots down on the MC6000MK2 is full kill, it's not. (It's -16, which on some mics that don't have an input gain limiter knob that's still too hot.)

Back in October of this year, I spent $25.00 USD on a Hosa attenuator (much like the one in the picture above) and it's awesome!

It also corrects the 'blaring' mic issue on the Pioneer SX and SX2 as well.

Posté Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 9:06 pm
Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the sound card in a MC6000 Mk1?

Obviously it comes standard as a 2 channel, but I would like a 4. (I think it was a bit lame of Denon in the first place - it has 4 channels, why not a sound card to suit????)

Just trying to avoid using an external sound card to eliminate a "potential point of failure".

Posté Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 2:14 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Boththe Mk1 and Mk2 have four channel sound cards arranged as stereo pairs. The difference between the two is that the Mk1 can be configured to send each pair to either the central two channels in a conventional hardware mixer format or to the output and headphones to work as a software mixer instead. The Mk2 is hard-configured as the latter. In both cases the sound devices are built into the design and wouldn't be replaceable.

The Mk1 is much better in the event of a failure or problem as you can re-route audio to circumvent, say - a broken fader. I once helped a colleague out at the beginning of an event to re-route his right-hand deck to the internal sound card on his laptop and then patched that into the aux input on the Mk1 so he could use fader 4 instead of 3 to control the audio on that deck (fader 3 had been snapped off by accident). You couldn't do this on the Mk2.

For total disaster recovery I also carry a Gigaport HD 8-channel USB sound card that I mainly use for patching VDJ into the radio station desk for my weekly shows but can also be used to route the audio into aux inputs on the Mk1 should the internal cards fail for any reason. For recovery of a total MC6000 failure I also own a Behringer Xenyx 302USB mini mixer that would give me an acceptable quality audio and a mic channel mix to send on to amplifiers etc.

Hope this helps :)

Posté Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 1:12 pm
pbouzan wrote :
The MC6000 Mk1 has known issues with the mic stage being poorly matched and therefore easily overloaded with standard dynamic and wireless microphone systems but the Mk2 has far better mic inputs. The attenuator above will certainly help with the Mk1 but unless you're driving the Mk2 mic stage with a hot radio mic you shouldn't need one.

I have the MK 1 and plugging in a stock standard Shure SM58 gave a great quality sound! Make sure to click the "Post" button

Posté Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 5:05 pm
pbouzan wrote :

I have the MK 1 and plugging in a stock standard Shure SM58 gave a great quality sound! Make sure to click the "Post" button

Posté Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 5:06 pm
pbouzan wrote :

Posté Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 5:08 pm
The "post" button sends the mic to the booth out. It has no effect on the mic quality.

Posté Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 5:26 pm
When I launch VDJ by default the master volume is at full, I find with the mk2 that I have far too much headroom having to have my gains at 25%, so I adjust the master in VDJ to 50% and I can bring the gains back to 50%.

Problem is the mk2 master volume is not connected to VDJ so you have to keep doing it on the skin with mouse each time you start the program, is there a way to have the master start at 50% each time?

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 8:08 pm
You can add this to your controller mapping:

ONINIT master_volume 50%

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 8:16 pm
Thanks Groovin,

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 8:24 pm
Now I need the 4 gain volumes to be plus 10 and not plus 20, how do i do this?

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 9:26 pm
Not sure what you mean. The action (in the mapping) of the gain controls is 'gain' and the volumes are 'volume'.

What do you mean by plus 10 and plus 20?

Posté Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 9:35 pm
98%