Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Wow this is a dream! The only thing that I was on the fence about was, it not being a analog mixer as well as a midi controler/mixer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dic2WZpv8kc

(I don't know why but I just can't embed this)

Posté Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 2:02 pm
here ya go:::

Posté Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 2:20 pm
There's already a large thread on the forum somewhere about this unit. Due out 20th December and natively mapped in VDJ ready to go.

Can't wait!

Keith

Posté Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 2:20 pm
I think I may sell my Denon X500, HC4500 and BU4500 to get this unit. Just want to see more videos of it in action before I do so.

Posté Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 6:10 pm
One question i have. Whats up with all the se super compact Controllers ? Not everyone wants to go small. If denon can make a controller the size of the NS7, That would be Hot. The NS7 is still the hottest selling controller.

Posté Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 9:22 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Caliente123 wrote :
One question i have. Whats up with all the se super compact Controllers ? Not everyone wants to go small. If denon can make a controller the size of the NS7, That would be Hot. The NS7 is still the hottest selling controller.

Small and light weight is IN
Big and heavy is OUT.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Posté Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 10:43 pm
Big is out really depends on what its for. For DJ equipment, alittle bigger is better. The VCI 300 sells but not a big seller. The VMS4 sells but not a big seller, The NS7 was sold out for many months and still continous to sell alot. Its cool that you can easily lift a small deck but when it comes down to DJ iing, Its uncomfortable. Many Djs like using Technics 1200s because of the big platter. Pioneer CDJs are very popular and the Denon 3700's. Bigger feels better because it feels more comfortable.

There are people that say that the NS7 is heavy but if you compare the ratio towards the people buying it and the ones just talking about it being big, Its Like 100 to 1. You cant please the few but the thousands to millions are satisfied.

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 12:16 am
Caliente123 wrote :

I agree 100%! These tiny things are for wedding DJ's and techno heads, I dont see any hip-hop DJ's using these why? Cause there uncomfortable. We need something in between small and big.........................

Huey

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 1:40 am
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I agree, I love the size of the NS7. Although it is way too heavy in the case. I would still prefer a controller that size than a small controller. I don't want to look like i'm using a toy. I have to admit that I am going to get the MC6000 because it was built for Virtual DJ unlike the NS7 and it has more options. If it was big and spacious like the NS7 then it would be perfect; I guess nothing's perfect.

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 1:41 am
Can someone explain to me how the 4 decks are hooked up? I mean it only has a 2in/2out card, does that mean I have to run everything in MONO?? Or am I missing something here??

Thanks for the info and time
Huey

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 7:59 am
It's Virtual DJ that works the magic. If there enough sound channels it will use them independently. If not it will aggregate them. I have had the 6 deck akin working on my home PC using the built in 'stereo' soundcard and had all 6 decks playing in stereo.

I've also done 4 decks on the RMX without any issue.

How else do you think they could support 99 decks without a huge number of external sound cards?

Try it yourself...

Roy

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 8:06 am
Still not answering my question.....im not a new person here.........I to can do it with a maya and a sl3 but with both of those I have to set them up mono in the advanced config. There also in stereo but not a TRUE stereo. So my question is, are they being ran MONO??

Huey

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 8:11 am
No. VDJ is managing the output before it reaches the soundcard so it's ultra configurable.

That's why we now have the advanced config. If you have multi channel soundcards you can direct any deck to any output, otherwise VDJ will do it for you.

So to answer the question, yes you can support 2 decks or more on a 2 channel sound card in stereo...

Like I said, fire up VDJ on a PC with only the intenal soundcard to play with and try the 4 or 6 deck skin and listen to the output.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 8:23 am
I PMed you Roy........im lost here, lmao!!

Huey

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 8:34 am
trust me .....

for 99 soundcards you need a LARGE mixer......

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 9:11 am
Never trust anyone that says "Trust Me"!!!

Huey

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 9:32 am
To try and answer this whole "2 stereo outs, so how can we have 4 decks?" question, here's my explanation...

Take your favourite soundcard with 2 stereo outs, go to virtual dj and go to the config page-> sound setup. Put it in "headphone" mode. and put it to something like "channel 1 & 2 main, channel 3 & 4- Headphones"

Now use the on-screen controls to play with 4 decks, which ever one you press the pfl button on, the sound out the headphones changes to that deck. All done by virtual dj.

All the denon does is act as a control surface- so instead of pressing the on-screen mixer's "pfl"button, you press the one on the denon (called 'cue' on each mixer channel strip) and it acts as a dumb midi button and tells vdj to do send the sound from that deck to the headphones. Same with all the controls on the decks- and the faders and knobs on the mixer if you put the channel in midi mode.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 12:15 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Can someone explain to me how the 4 decks are hooked up? I mean it only has a 2in/2out card, does that mean I have to run everything in MONO?? Or am I missing something here??

Thanks for the info and time
Huey

Huey, 2in/2out is referenced in STEREO channels, that would mean 4in/4out in MONO.

If you plan to use only 2 Decks in VDJ, then you would select, 2-Deck skin, ext mixer mode on the rear switch (2ch is used for CH 2,3)
VDJ is set to External Mixer

If you plan to use all 4 Decks in VDJ, then you would select, 4-Deck skin, int mixer mode on the rear switch (2ch is used for Cue/Master)
VDJ is set to Heaphones

This is all in the Quick Guide on our site:
http://www.denondj.com/DN-MC6000-P125.aspx > Manual

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 1:43 pm
Thanks I have a better understanding of how it works, I think, lol!! Still small though.................

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 4:44 pm
I understand the BIG thing with equipment I always had the largest rig among my friends, but after 18 years, my back ect just can't take lugging all that stuff anymore. The unit is just under 19" and full rack mountable is big enough for me, the day of lugging around a coffin for the money these places want to pay around here are gone for me. I play clubs, bars and privates with all kinds of music and do karaoke shows. I blend and beat match my music and gave up trying to scratch years ago because most people I DJ for don't want to hear that so platter size does not matter. I am finally going to give up my BU4500 as a back up also, so I will still have a rig that does everything in a smaller case and much lighter. My 2 cents lol

Posté Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 9:34 pm
3%