Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Good songs to mix for a beginner? - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hey I was wondering if you could put a song on the deck and take out the singing of one? and just use the back track? or do you have to download a backtrack and use it.. just got it because I am very interested in music and I'm pretty excited. but I'm a noob, so bear with me!

Posté Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 3:07 pm
Hey guys. I just downloaded vdj and I need tips on how to make fillers. Also should I listen to the live feedback recommendations? Thanks

Posté Sun 21 Jul 13 @ 10:18 pm
Mix these two songs: Eptic- Ninja Challenge, and Eptic- Like a Boss. They're the same bpm and if you set the drops up right, it'll sound amazing.

Posté Sun 21 Jul 13 @ 11:06 pm
Dean...what do you mean by 'fillers'?

Posté Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 12:19 am
for me, when I started using the software, I looked up songs from when i first got into the trance music scene. (2001). Everyone has their own preference. Use what sounds good to you! it took me a lotta time. to start getting things correct.

As what was said earlier in the thread, practice, practice practice!

Posté Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 11:23 pm
im a beginner and i would really love to learn, can you guys give me a heads up of what should i do first.. thank you

Posté Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 12:26 am
niceonefat wrote :
im a beginner and i would really love to learn, can you guys give me a heads up of what should i do first.. thank you

Learn how to fade into other songs smoothly. If you go to YouTube and just type in, "how to DJ" there will be tons of videos to help you.

Posté Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 12:45 am
903djPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I found this video on Beat matching very helpful. I'm not beat matching different songs yet, but am getting pretty good at beat matching the same song to a differnt BPM by using the info found in this vid.

If the embed doesn't work here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q27kyRI6d20

Posté Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 1:34 pm
Hey folks... I'm by no means an expert or even mid level dj, but I'm proud to say I can usually mix some dance tunes together with/without effects. However, I'm really struggling to mix 80's music (not remixed or 12" versions) and wondered if anyone can provide assistance. I'm having a 'go' at DJing with a very sympathetic and easy going crowd. Finding it difficult as the music changed so much from the beginning of the era to the end.
I can't seem to beat match or fade in or out without it sounding well poo (to use a nice word).
Any guidance would be great.
Thanks
Nickie

Posté Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 3:58 pm
Is that because the tempo varies, or because you're clashing keys?

One solution to the wobbly BPM issue is to import the tracks into Ableton Live and warp them. It's the total opposite of a warped record - it actually straightens out the variations in tempo.

Import, warp, save. It's a long job if you've got lots of tracks but until DJ software comes out that has built in warping, it's the only way.

Key clashes can be avoided by studying the Camelot Wheel and mixing "in key".

Posté Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 4:57 pm
Besides practicing on your blends, The timing on the way dj's blend there tracks makes a big difference. Some dj's are sloppy and others do there homework by listening to the song and using cue markers to know when to start a track. Organizing your library by sets helps a lot also.

Here is a link to my sound cloud page so you can have a idea how I mix. Its also very good to listen to other djs so you can get ideas.

https://soundcloud.com/djcalientenyc

Posté Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 9:48 pm
Take it form me, youtube and these forums is a beginners best friend.

Posté Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 2:06 am
if you want two good mixing songs try i can't stop and got 2 know both of them are by flux pavilion

Posté Sun 10 Nov 13 @ 1:04 pm
Try David guetta titanium and Swedish house mafia greyhound I thought they went well together

Posté Sat 03 May 14 @ 3:40 am
hey guys can can somebody please tell me how to mix songs using virtual dj... im a north indian and belly dancer i wanna mix my own songs getting someone else to do it is a real mess........ please help

cheers

Posté Fri 09 May 14 @ 10:58 am

Posté Fri 09 May 14 @ 11:17 am
This tip may not be suited to all but I will try to explain how I taught myself how to beat mix. Some Dj's have other techniques but it's a case for finding out which one is right and easier for you. I also found that mixing two tracks the same helps. Tracks from artist MOBY I use to use for this when I first started.
So before you read a little guide I've put together just take a few minutes looking at your software and controller if you have one just to make sure you know what each switch, knob and button dose.
Virtual DJ and similar programs like this weren't around when I first started vinyl was certainly a lot harder.
Virtual DJ Gives you all the tools you could need and more and is the perfect tool for any beginner or pro user.
The main key is to practice and never give up and soon you will be creating your own style and sounds. That's what makes different DJ's Unique.

A good tip for a beginner who wants to learn beat mix manually is to select a section of a track where you have just the clean beats at the beginning. Then select this as a 8 bar loop. Once you done this load up a track on your next deck but try to find a track which has different sound so that it will give your mix a little edge, set in on a 12 bar loop or 16 if possible. Now without using the auto sync at all press play on your first track and as it plays you will notice the bpm of this track now count your beats eg. 1.2.3.4.1.2.3.4. or 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8. 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8. Now get your headphones on and cue up your second track to the first beat. Now as your counting your beats press play on the track and move your pitch slider to the appropriate position until the track your listening to on the headphones sounds in sync. If you are struggling with this look at the bpm on the first track and have a look at your second track to see how far out you are. Once you got this re cue the track in your headphones . re counting the beats of the first track and hit play on your second as soon as you hit 1. Now this track should now be in sync. So instead of just moving your cross fader over keep the second deck volume channel down and turn the bass control for this deck down to zero. Move your cross fader to the middle and move the volume slider for the second track up slowly hitting the + or - gently to keep it in sync if it starts to drift. As the volume slider slowly reaches the top you have just completed a nice smooth treble transmission and now you should be able to slowly turn the bass volume control slowly up until you have the desired amount of bass which you require. Once you have done this you can give yourself a pat on the back as you have just completed your first manual beat mix. Once you master this there are all sorts effects and instruments you can add to this.

Posté Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 8:17 am
#tr1ppHome userMember since 2014
sup guys im knew to djing just experimenting at the moment i was wondering if there is a way to play two songs at the same time without having to play one then press play on the other

Posté Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 8:18 am
Yes, that can be done. You'd have to map it yourself though.

Are you using VDJ 7 or 8?

In 8 you could map it to one of the custom buttons. In 7 you'd have to use a keyboard key.

Posté Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 9:53 am
70%