Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Importing Serato Cue points to VDJ? - Page: 5

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 12:38 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is pretty much the goal. VJ-Pro also adds Serato cue points to their SmashVision videos. Seeing as how they are the provider of Content Unlimited Video, it would be nice if there was a way to scan for this information and add it to the database. If not integrated into VDJ, then Netsearch downloaded tracks would still be missing the cues. Unless you start scanning tags during your set and adding them to your database! Bad idea...

Now that we know how to decode it, the best thing would be to just have VDJ be able to read that information when a track is loaded. There could be a conflict between song cue points, if you have pre set cues in the database. But I would think the Database would supersede the cues stored in the song. That way VDJ could add all cues into the database either by individual track load (from net search), when you add songs or tag rescan of existing tracks.

This thread should probably be move to "wishes and feature requests" at this point.

Otherwise the next step is to have someone with software experience to code another plugin. This method is less preferred because I add videos constantly from VJ-Pro and this would just be one more tool I have to run while adding songs.

I am not saying all cues are exactly where everyone would want the to be. But it could save allot prep work or time when mixing in the next track during a set if it is a song I don't play often. It would also be good to help Serato users migrate in a way that "just works" like they are use to. Lol

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 8:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The Cue conflict could be avoided if Serato cue point when converted to VDJ are given a name "SeratoCue1" etc and then the hotcue context menu could have
native cue mode
serato cue mode
Make serato cues native

then hotcue buttons could be scripted example for cue 1)
cue mode native ? hotcue 1 : seratoCue1

From the info in the video it just sounds like a VDJ database but with cross-platform cue writing (but when he said object orientated I got slightly aroused :-) ),
I don't think Atomix (or and other company) would make it easier to emigrate away from their software, but making it easier to convert to VDJ is probably up there on the goals list.

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 9:04 am
wickedmix wrote :
looks like the 3rd party app for this is on the way atleast for mac users -> http://djworx.com/bpm-2014-rekord-buddy-2/

according to the video they are expanding to vdj and various other software in next version

I sat and watched that presentation at BPM on the day, and spoke to him about it afterwards.

There will be a PC version eventually too.

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 11:33 am
Groovin thanks that's good news

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 12:01 pm
locodog wrote :
I don't think Atomix (or and other company) would make it easier to emigrate away from their software, but making it easier to convert to VDJ is probably up there on the goals list.

This is what I was hoping.

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 9:18 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Don has been around long enough that I don't have to say this to him but, to other users. Speculation can be fun and, it can be used as a learning tool for developers. That being said, unless something is posted by the team, try and keep what you read in perspective. We all have our hopes for future updates but, we shouldn't assume our wishes will be addressed. So, take most of what you read here, unless it is an official statement, with a grain of salt, please.

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 9:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yeah. speculation is fun, V8 is supposed to deal with Traktor cues and djdecks cues ('getCuesFromTags') so it's hardly adding 2 and 2 together and getting a grand unified theory of everything is it? I'll speculate (it is fun!) there'll be a damn site more demand for serato cues than djdecks cues.
There's no mystery to serato cues/loops any more, so if users want it, request it.

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 10:21 pm
I think the problem will be getting people to actually switch from Serato to VDJ, lmao!!

If there on a PC ya I can see it happening and if there on a Mac, it'll never happen.

Just my opinion on it but yeah if there's a big enough who knows what'll happen.....

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 6:33 am
For me it's not about the want or need to switch, it about being able to use my music on any setup with as little stress as possible.
Sure I prefer vdj but i wouldn't turn down a paying gig just because they would want me to use their setup. I'll be in line to purchase that new record buddy even if vdj intergrates something.

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 12:26 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
Don has been around long enough that I don't have to say this to him but, to other users. Speculation can be fun and, it can be used as a learning tool for developers. That being said, unless something is posted by the team, try and keep what you read in perspective. We all have our hopes for future updates but, we shouldn't assume our wishes will be addressed. So, take most of what you read here, unless it is an official statement, with a grain of salt, please.

For sure, I would not want to confuse anyone. I have seen what happens when people start expecting things. I also hope that most people know that Atomix has their hands full stabilizing the new version.

Just brainstorming in public to hopefully show what kind of user support this feature could have and better way to approach the idea. I am no developer but Loco and others are just hoping to do what we can do, in hopes that somebody who is capable would like to undertake the rest of the task using the research we now know.

Like I had said a few posts ago, this thread may be better located in the Wishes and New Features section. That may possibly eliminate some confusion.

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 4:05 pm
oops, double post

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 4:06 pm

Posté Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 9:47 am
locodog wrote :
The Cue conflict could be avoided if Serato cue point when converted to VDJ are given a name "SeratoCue1" etc and then the hotcue context menu could have
native cue mode
serato cue mode
Make serato cues native

then hotcue buttons could be scripted example for cue 1)
cue mode native ? hotcue 1 : seratoCue1

From the info in the video it just sounds like a VDJ database but with cross-platform cue writing (but when he said object orientated I got slightly aroused :-) ),

After reading the previous 4 pages of this topic.......the Bold underlined bit made me piss myself laughing! - Nice one @Locodog

Posté Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 2:01 pm
Wicked Mix Posted "nice work now to get someone with programming skills to take notice"

We are on it guys and are taking everything you have said into consideration.

Great work on this and is very near to our own research on this issue.

Look out for Version 2 of "Alchimie Zinc" to support sync between the majority of the DJ applications.

AlchimieLLC

Posté Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 2:14 pm
Whatever happened?
Alchimie Zinc seems dead in the water.
RekordBuddy 2.0 seems to be M.I.A.

Posté Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 3:09 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)