Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Cannot find the skin file in Virtual DJ document - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I've tried to install VD7 into my PC.

Everything goes smoothly until I I receive this error.

"Cannot find the skin file in Virtual DJ document"

Yet, when I go to My Documents, I can see the files in the VrtualDJ folder.

Any ideas?

Posté Fri 18 May 12 @ 12:54 pm
re download file mate and try again

Posté Fri 18 May 12 @ 2:05 pm

Posté Fri 18 May 12 @ 4:31 pm
I have the same problem, i try to go to the link but it dos'n open, what can i do?

Posté Mon 21 May 12 @ 5:39 pm
Never mind, I got it solve! thanks

Posté Tue 22 May 12 @ 12:56 am
macslyCUE userMember since 2007
same problem the folder is in my documents folder the skins are in a zip file format...i tried the unzip them manualy but that does not work for me either..tried erasing everything and doing a clean reinstall...nothing works reinstalled at least 7 times ..nothing works...yet my virtual vinyl 5 used to work fine a few years back..can someone help me.. specs are..imac intel 2ghs core 2 duo 4 gig of ram running mac os 10.6.8....my user name is not the same as my account name...by that i mean my login name is different than the user name in my finder folder can that be the problem, if so what is the correct way to fix this..thank you for answering me..

Posté Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 2:14 pm

Posté Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 2:16 pm
hi, keith....i have only my account plus a guest account on this computer,,but as i said my account name is sly and my user name is sylvainferron and there is no sly folder

Posté Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 2:20 pm
Try some of the suggestions from the link in the thread above.

Keith

Posté Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 2:22 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
You need to be using VDJ in the same account it was installed by as the settings are kept per user.

Also make sure your documents>virtualdj folder has read/write permissions.

The skis should not be unzipped.

Also please see here: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Invalid%20Skin%20Error%20Mac.html

Keith

i have tried that..the only option is the user name and it is not clear to me how to fix that

Posté Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 2:22 pm
i did all of that and it still wont let the application work.

Posté Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 6:04 pm
RRDdoce25 wrote :
Never mind, I got it solve! thanks

how did you solve it?

Posté Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 2:58 pm
who can help in this, please I am becoming mad!! I bought a 900 Euro XDJ R1 but the software "Virtual DJ" is breaking my balls until now and there is nobody I can ask for help so I try it here.

I am getting completely frustrated after 2 days of installing - removing - reinstalling Virtual DJ. I am really experiencing things beyond any logical explanation and whatever I do, I cannot get it working. I think by now I tried 20 times of removing and re-installing and searched all the forums and google for possible clarifications and instructions.
The first time, from my product list I installed what was proposed for windows 7, and I installed v 7.4.2. Strange enough after completion of installation, it was the free version. Ok, removed and tried again. Nobody asked me to insert my license code. Second attempt, I succeeded and the programme opened itself. I adjusted the config as per the instructions and tried playing music, I chose for 2 decks.
Then I discovered something really idiot. When I had music playing in deck 2 in virtual DJ, I even heard it when CH2 on my XDJ R1 was down. So actually deck 2 in virtual DJ is streaming also via CH1 on my XDJ R1. Only when I moved down CH1 on XDJ R1, I did not hear music. When I put up both CH1 and CH2 on XDJ R1, I heard the music from deck 2 in virtual DJ with double volume. If I also activated deck 1 in virtual DJ, I hear that song through the other song whatever I do... Changed settings in config but it only changed decks in VDJ. Output control on my XDJ was still messed up..

I removed virtual DJ from my computer, removed the files from my documents, removed it at downloads, yes I even deleted my internet history & cookies in order to enable re-installing it (because if I did not do so I again was getting again the free version that i never asked for) but now I am not able any more to open VDJ at all any more as it keeps on telling me "cannot find the skin file .... etc" . I tried every suggested option that I found on google, deleting all other users than administrator on my computer, etc etc but IT DOES NOT WORK.

Does anyone have any idea what this is or where I can get support from the sofware owner rather than getting myself lost in forums, Q&A's and instructions that do not work?
Maybe somebody can tell me what exact steps I need to take to start all over and do it right, as I lost overview in what can be the possible cause.

Many thanks
Jeroen
The Netherlands

Posté Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 7:01 am
migmaticControlleristMember since 2014
Hi guys, I am using VDJ 7 LE, I have tried the clean install and still nothing. Does anybody have any ideas?

Posté Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 3:26 am
hi guys, i have tried clean install twice and still keep getting error. this is when installing le version. any ideas on how to solve????

Posté Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 10:45 am
Are we talking about an installation on a Mac or PC ?

Posté Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 3:16 am
pc for me no way to make it work with the VDJ 7 le

Posté Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 2:02 pm
help !!!!

Posté Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 11:46 pm
I also have this problem with v 7.4.2 - solutions are needed!

Posté Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 7:45 am
My new laptop doesnt have a cd reader/writer so i had to download from here and of course it wont work, im using W8 and the Windows XP/Vista/7/8 install_virtualdj_le_v7.4.2.msi installer. Tried reparing/reinstalling without success, what the [bleep] am i supposed to do??

[Please DO NOT use bad language in your forum posts. Please read the forum rules]

Posté Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 11:06 am
56%