Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Complete N00b - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi all i'm looking into becoming a karaoke dj but do not know where to start. I downloaded vdj but cannot find the karaoke section.

If anyone would be kind enough to help me out with a list of equipment needed, cables etc and how to get the karaoke plug in i would very much appreciate it.

Thank you

Matt

Posté Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 4:45 pm
Hello & welcome....

Virtual DJ plays mp3+G formatted karaoke, you don't need a plug-in. You do however need the karaoke, which is VERY expensive.
Some sites you can check out are Sound Choice and Chartbuster for complete packages. I believe they offer a monthly subscription that will keep you topped off with the newest releases also.

Assuming you have a sound system & high spec laptop, you will also need:

*Virtual DJ Pro
*2 Wireless Mics
*a TV monitor with a stand
*HDMI or VGA cable
*books for your karaoke

Cheers

Posté Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 8:13 pm
Hi thanks for your reply, but my local karaoke dj uses vdj to search for karaoke songs and ive read threads on here about a karaoke plug in so surely one must exist ?

Posté Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 2:43 pm
Hi, Matt,

the search-engine in VDJ works for MP3, wave, video (various) and CDG. The plugin you're talking about is an on-screen field that can show the next singers and the song they are about to sing. If you announce the next singer, there's no need for that plugin. So it's no problem running karaoke without it.

Posté Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 2:57 pm
MattJ2012 wrote :
my local karaoke dj uses vdj to search for karaoke songs

Correct, once you OWN the music & have it available on your hard drive you can then SEARCH it through VDJ. The plug-in your asking about is not necessary to perform a karaoke show nor does it provide any karaoke songs.

Posté Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 3:23 pm
I see i get ya now thank you my apologies, so does vdj not have a database of its own for karaoke where i can search for songs ?

Posté Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 3:37 pm
What do you mean by "a database of its own"?

When you buy VDJ it doesn't come with any music included.

You have to buy the music yourself.

Once you have that on your hard drive, you can add it to the VDJ database, and it will then appear in the VDJ browser.

Posté Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 4:26 pm
Ah i see thank you, just another few questions is there a way to make deck 2 song start when deck 1 song is finishing like a fade in kind of thing and how would i make the karaoke lyrics box pop up on a monitor without showing all my vdj like a hdmi lead would.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and help me it is much appreciated

Posté Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 1:13 pm
Matt,

The video option is only available with the Pro version of Virtual DJ. It allows for karaoke, music videos and plug-ins once you link your laptop to a tv or projector. The video settings of your pc are established as "extended display" not "duplicate" and this gives you the screen to work with.

You can run plug-ins simultaneously with your videos, like scrolling text, text-to-screen & karaoke. You can also play different videos with different mp3's / mp4's and choose from a variety of video transitions.

As far as mixing & blending, this practice is something every DJ attempts to master in his own style and comes with allot of practice & knowing your music library.

Cheers

Posté Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 3:21 pm
Thank you, what is the cable called that links my laptop to a monitor or projector and i have the pro version now and get the little black box with the karaoke words but if i click off it by accident it never re appears until i restart the program.

I have a hdmi lead that connects to my tv but i dont want that because it shows everything on my laptop and obviously i only want it to show the words.

Many thanks

Posté Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 3:53 pm
If you have the Pro version, you should register it for starters.

For the video, if your pc has a HDMI go from that to your tv. Turn on the tv and select HDMI 1, then go into your pc's display settings and select "EXTEND" not "DUPLICATE". Duplicate will just turn your tv into a second pc screen. When done right you will only see your pc's background on the tv.

Then go into the Virtual DJ settings to "video" and select activate. Your tv screen should then be ready to go.... load a video, or mp3+G and get familiar with your new program!

Congrats!

Posté Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 12:35 am
Thank you for your reply, on my laptop extend does the exact same as duplicate im afraid and when i accidentally click off the black box with the words displayed why do i then have to restart the program again why cant it just load up when i activate karaoke ? im finding vdj to be quite annoying atm.

Would karafun be a better option for me as trying to figure this out on my own with online help is quite frustrating ?

Thanks

Posté Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 11:24 am
Oh wait i see now, ive got my background on but when i start up a karaoke song the words dont come on screen.

Posté Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 11:40 am
Go to Config/Video. Next to "TV Output" choose your videocard instead of "Window". You can also click "Hardware Acceleration". (Without it video won't run smooth on my system)

Posté Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 11:50 am
Thank you very much Martin works perfect thank you.

Posté Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 4:39 am
Are there any good websites/programs to download karaoke songs for free or have you got to purchase them ?

Posté Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 8:41 am
I think DJEcoast has answered that already.
DJECoast wrote :
You do however need the karaoke, which is VERY expensive.
Some sites you can check out are Sound Choice and Chartbuster for complete packages. I believe they offer a monthly subscription that will keep you topped off with the newest releases also.

There are no legal free downloadsites for karaoke.

Posté Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 2:30 pm
Oops sorry forgot about that, thank you. Ok so im starting to get better at this already guys thank you, my next question is wireless microphones. How do i set them up ? what do i need ? what settings on my pc and vdj do i need to adjust ?

Thank you for your help so far and for any replies i may get.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 4:27 pm
Now we're leaving the VDJ-area....
Actually I don't use wireless mics. They are pretty expensive and I don't want to take the risk not getting them compensated if they drop. ("I didn't ask you to use such expensive mics....") I use cheap (3-pack) Sennheiser 835-mics for karaoke.
They are connected to a P.A.-mixer and not my computer / VDJ. The reason is very simple: you keep control. It's a lot easier to manage your mics with a mixing console than with VDJ. (I also got every mic-channel connected to a compressor / limiter to keep the volume within limits. People do crazy things when they got a mic in their hands) It's also easier to add effects (reverb)

So in your case I would advise you to get yourself a PA-mixer with at least a stereo input (to connect your computer with VDJ) and as many mic-channels as you need to do karaoke. A lot of these mixers come with an effects-processor so you don't need to buy that separately. They come in various priceranges, so if you want to start cheap, there's enough to choose from.

Visit your local dealer and let them advice you what to get. If you tell them what your budget is and your wishes are, they can advice you what to buy.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 7:38 pm
I anticipate the next question will be "Where can I get a free mixer and free microphones?"...

LOL :-)

Posté Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 6:45 am
80%