Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VCI-380 Song position - platter LED mapping

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Now that vDJ 7.2 natively supports Vestax VCI-380, can anyone advise what the DEVICE Definition and MAPPER Definitions are to make the Jog Wheel rotating LED work? This is the LED that shows platter position of the song as it plays.

Posté Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 11:49 am
The jogwheel position LED is implemented in the native mapping. Is this not working for you?

If you have made your own definition/mapping for it (Before the native support was available) and still wish to use it instead of the native support, then you will need to use <bar cc=> to implement it:

<bar cc="0x03" name="LED_JOG" default="JOG" deck="1" channel="7" />
<bar cc="0x03" name="LED_JOG" default="JOG" deck="2" channel="8" />

<bar cc="0x03" name="LED_SHIFT_JOG" default="SHIFT_JOG" deck="1" channel="9" />
<bar cc="0x03" name="LED_SHIFT_JOG" default="SHIFT_JOG" deck="2" channel="10" />

Providing the jogwheel mapping (<jog>) is named "JOG" then it will automatically light the LED appropriately via the default="JOG" statement. Otherwise it can be mapped separately to: get rotation

Posté Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 4:45 pm
Thank you very much! I will try it out... and yes I implemented a mapping I prefer before 7.2 native support that I still wish to use.

Posté Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 2:01 pm
A little more help please? I can't get it working.

I have the following in the DEVICE Definition file:

<bar cc="0x03" name="LED_JOG" default="JOG" deck="1" channel="7" />
<bar cc="0x03" name="LED_JOG" default="JOG" deck="2" channel="8" />

<bar cc="0x03" name="LED_SHIFT_JOG" default="SHIFT_JOG" deck="2" channel="10" />

<jog cc="0x45" zero="0x40" full="2352" name="JOG" deck="1" channel="7" />
<jog cc="0x45" zero="0x40" full="2352" name="JOG" deck="2" channel="8" />

Not quite sure what needs to be in the mapping file. It appears that vDJ 7.2 uses some command sequence such as follows for it's native support but I am not quite sure. Please help to clarify what/how verbs would need to be used in the mapping file to call what is defined.

===========================
vDJ 7.2 has:

JOG _SCROLL = set '$jsload' 1 & holding ? set '$jsload' 0 : set '$jsload' 0 & toggle '$jogscroll' & var '$jogscroll' ? deck 1 wheel_mode "browser" on & deck 2 wheel_mode "browser" on & deck 3 wheel_mode "browser" on & deck 4 wheel_mode "browser" on : deck 1 wheel_mode "jog" on & deck 2 wheel_mode "jog" on & deck 3 wheel_mode "jog" on & deck 4 wheel_mode "jog" on

-- and --

LED_JOG_SCROLL = var '$jogscroll'

===========================

Do I interpret correctly that JOG_SCROLL would need to be defined in the DEVICE file for Jog movement and if the Jog is moving then sets variable $jogscroll to TRUE...... then LED_JOG_SCROLL is really defined with <bar cc="0x03" name="LED_JOG_SCROLL" default="JOG" deck="1" channel="7" /> which turns on the LED if $jogscroll is true?

Please help. Thx.

Posté Sat 10 Nov 12 @ 11:51 pm
Can anyone offer any additional information on this??
Thx

Posté Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 7:51 pm
JOG_SCROLL is a mapping to enable file browsing using the jogwheel. It has nothing to do with the position LED's.

With the definitions above for LED_JOG / LED_SHIFT_JOG / JOG it should already work by default if your jogwheel is mapped to the standard touchwheel action.

Otherwise, if you have a more complex action for the jogwheel, you will need to map LED_JOG separately to: get rotation

Posté Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 6:02 am
@Support,

The mapping works as you describe, thank you!

However, one more question is;

:Sending CC 0x03 to Channel 9 & 10 of the controller does not seem to do anything. So what does the following device definition really mean?

Posté Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 12:16 am
Without been 100% sure, it's the definition of the JOG Ring when you press the SHIFT button.
Many new controllers send different MIDI messages when you press the SHIFT button. In other words they switch layers of control via the hardware.

Posté Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 12:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)