Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet I want to make my own tripod scrim [PROJECT COMPLETED] - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
They look cool, Jeezez, how tall are your audience...lol

Still think it would have kept the flow running in this thread and got one of the mods to add (and results) to thread title.

Nice job, and that's as everyone knows from a guy who loves to make his own stuff.

Posté Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 2:16 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My audience is not overly tall (Unless I do a Washington Wizards Party).

I have made these for my Moving Yolk lights.

I plan on using them tonight. If I do I will take pics and post em up.

Posté Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 3:51 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Definitely looking good... now here was me thinking, how in the hell do you get 15inch powered cabs on top of those.... lol.

Posté Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 6:30 pm
I can put cabs on those but I had lights in mind while making these.

Here are some LIVE shots

Videos to come...

Posté Thu 21 Feb 13 @ 2:10 am
Looks great, thanks for sharing. Such fantastic ideas and solutions come from this community.

Posté Thu 21 Feb 13 @ 10:06 am
you need to get a slik screen logo on it! thanks for the posting.. last thing is it fire proof?

Posté Thu 21 Feb 13 @ 1:17 pm
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
you need to get a slik screen logo on it! thanks for the posting.. last thing is it fire proof?

Not a bad idea...

Yes, it's fire retardant.

Posté Thu 21 Feb 13 @ 1:52 pm
TDBennett wrote :
Looks great, thanks for sharing. Such fantastic ideas and solutions come from this community.

Thank you.

Here is video (poor quality) of my Scrims at work during 1st use.

My next move is wireless DMX transmitter/receivers for all my lights. I have the moving heads, led bars, pars and Adj Quadscan. I will also be replacing my slimpars with the battery operated RGBAW wireless ones. (I'm tired of cables)

I wish there were a product to make my moving heads battery powered. I can't believe that nothing like that exists yet. An IEC to lithium battery adapter would REALLY be a GREAT product.

Hmmmm.....

Posté Thu 21 Feb 13 @ 2:09 pm
Great Job. No one would know you did them, unless you told them.

Posté Thu 21 Feb 13 @ 9:49 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Great Job. No one would know you did them, unless you told them.

Thanks AMAHM and thank you for all your help and effort. It was appreciated!

I should have my wireless transmitters next week. That will make life easier as far as DMX goes.
After that, Battery operated lights.

Can you imagine, battery operated lights with wireless DMX.... CABLE FREE BABY!!!!

Posté Fri 22 Feb 13 @ 7:45 pm
Hope someone sees this. Just wanted to know if I wanted to make a double sided scrim (to cover all three legs), for speakers so not as high as these, how would I measure these? Thanks in advance!

Posté Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 8:47 pm
What you see is for speaker stands.

Look through this thread and you will see measurments for my scrims and measurments for other scrims.

Hope this helps.

Posté Wed 26 Jun 13 @ 4:12 am
What material is DJ scrim made from ????? - Cotton - spandex .... exactly what

Posté Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 7:44 pm
Lycra spandex.... works for scrims and video screens as well.

Posté Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 9:16 pm
I do have a few yards of white Lycra at home that i got for a facade project I was doing. Ended up using a stiff back facade so was thinking I would try a scrim with the Lycra I have. Not sure if it is fire retardant or not - does it have to be if I am using cool run LED up-lights inside. I really can't see there being much of a hazard especially when using passive speaks. Is this a US code thing and is there a Canadian requirement to this?

Posté Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 12:43 am
djcity wrote :
I will be using the same material I used for my DJ Booth (Fire retardant Spandex/Lycra).

I have my measurements. My stands actually extend 8ft. The scrim will be 68" from top to bottom and 48" for the legs (24"x2).

This allows me to max out my stand OR have it at 6.5' and still be taut.

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to make 4 pieces and sew two of them together making a double sided scrim with a seam down the center or simply make 4 pieces to use as one sided OR 2 sided when using both on 1 stand OR one large piece that is double sided with no seam down the center.

All things to ponder...

Again, i'm still open to ideas.

Sooo, is the 68" measurement from the outside edge to the base or is it perpendicular from midway on the baseline of one triangle to the peak? Did you ever figure out the angle for the second triangle baseline if you keep it all attached as one piece?
Thanks

Posté Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 12:47 am
Hello All.
I too was surfing the various pro audio stores over the last few days for speaker scrims and was completely blown away at how much they were charging for these dainty sewed up slivers of Lyra. While I do realize a lot of work goes into making these things, I figured why pay someone else to do it when I can likely learn the skill myself so I am hereby giving it a shot based on the info in this thread. I wanted two-side white scrims that I can use an LED Par Lights underneath because I am a little anal retentive about having my tripod speaker stands with center pole forward so they will only tip backward when we get one of our big Pacific Northwest earthquakes!
;-)
Anyway I trotted on down to a local material store today and picked up two X 4 foot by 65 inch sheets of sturdy but semi-sheer white Lycra for 16 bucks each sheet. The following video (Part 1) shows how I measured, cut and got to the point where they were ready to sew. As I am typing this my wife has just sewed up one Scrim and I am very exciting at how well it turned out. Will hopefully have a video posted shortly. Gotta say that for roughly $32 and a little effort I am relieved I am not spending $240 CDN on Scrim Kings or the like as I feel these are just as good...
Here is my construction video:
http://youtu.be/B0mm073EQlo

Posté Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 11:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)