Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet AutoMix (fade to cue)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

doughtsHome userMember since 2011
It would be nice to have a AutoMix that would mix into/onto a hot cue at the start/end of a track. This would be a feature close to the AutoMix entry/exit point, but it would use the track's own hot cues instead. Alternatively you could have an option to give priority to the first hot cue as the entry point and to the last hot cue of the track as the exit point. If the last cue is absent (only one hot cue set) then you could use the actual algorithm to set the exit point.

Posté Fri 23 Aug 13 @ 12:54 am
Do you know that you can manually edit/set the mix-in / mix-out points per track ?
This is very similar with what you're asking without the need to set a cue-point.

Posté Fri 23 Aug 13 @ 2:20 am
That may be so, but I understand what doughts is asking.

DJs are always setting cue points. It's a natural part of what they do. These cue points are normally at important parts of the track, and placed "on beat". The cue points for each track are stored in the main database when the DJ creates them.

That should be "job done" for automatic mixing. Automatic mixing should default to using cue points as mix-in and mix-out locations if there are no automix points set.

Why should it be necessary to go through all your tracks again to set automix points when you've done the work already (with cue points)?

There should at least be an option to set the mix-in/out points from existing cue markers.

Posté Fri 23 Aug 13 @ 5:42 am
ScottyGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Automix is an awesome feature with some pretty neat options. The Automix Type feature in Playlist Management should have an option added. Currently, with an Automix Time set to 4 seconds, once the automix point is reached the next song starts playing with a 4 second overlap. The pervious song fades out and the next song fades in. An option should be added so that when the automix point is reached and the song starts to fade out, the next song just starts playing and it does not \"fade in\". Turn on the radio and you will see what I mean. Some songs start hot with vocals or an iconic riff and the fade in just cushes it. Same goes for songs that end cold where a fade out is not appropriate. Even setting automix length to 1 sec still steps on cold ends and hot starts. Just not acceptable. That being said I propose 2 new options under the Playlist Management/Automix Type. HotMix1 (fade out, no fade in) and HotMix2 (no fade out/no fade in). Or call it ColdMix if that makes more sense. In Automix Length add a box to enter custom length in seconds. I am confused as to which automix time is applied since there is also a slider in config/options/automix time that can be set. If I set 2 seconds under Playlist Management/Automix Length and the slider in config/options/automix is set to 10sec, which is applied? Maybe get rid of the slider in config/options/automix. An alternative way to achieve the HotMix/ColdMix idea is to not check any of the options in Playlist Management/Automix Type. Automix length would then set the automix point which the user can adjust on the waveform display in the player. Thoughts?

Also if you could please make the Search Browser it\'s own floating/sizable window that can be called up by pressing \"insert\" and hidden by pressing \"escape\". That way the playlist can occupy the full space at the bottom of the screen. Eliminates mouse usage.

Posté Wed 06 Nov 13 @ 11:55 am
HotMix Option

Posté Wed 06 Nov 13 @ 12:05 pm
Custom Automix Time

Posté Wed 06 Nov 13 @ 12:17 pm
How about adding Intro and Outro times. Either fixed positions on the players or as a free floating pop up that can be positioned as desired?

Posté Wed 06 Nov 13 @ 12:42 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Easy work around. Set the start point further to the beginning of the Track, that way when the new song starts actually playing the fade is already over.

Posté Wed 13 Nov 13 @ 2:26 am
I have been looking for the proposed hotmix2 option too. One could call it 'mix-Thru' instead of 'mix -fade in/out.

Doesn't seem too hard to program. Is there any development regarding this request?

Posté Wed 24 Feb 16 @ 1:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)