Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet Denon 3700s/x1600 issues - Page: 11

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Some more problems...yay problems...

VDJ will not update. Every time I click update it says failed, would you like to retry.

The denon x1600 mixer says "failed to connect" in the controller mappings configuration.

Posté Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 10:45 pm
DJ Bertie wrote :
Some more problems...yay problems...

VDJ will not update. Every time I click update it says failed, would you like to retry.

The denon x1600 mixer says "failed to connect" in the controller mappings configuration.

EDIT: Pressing cues still sometimes does not register.

Do you guys just hit play with this setup and say it works? Because I actually spend hours upon hours upon hours upon HOURS using this setup. And every time, I find a bug. You guys legitimately should use me for beta testing. I'll find a bug anytime, anywhere, any program version.

Posté Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 10:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The X1600 works fine, I literally use it for every gig.

If you are having such replicatable issues then I would again recommend you contact support via a live method - ie chat or phone - so they can have a look.

I would recommend you uninstall VDJ, rename your Documents\VirtualDJ folder and then clean install the latest version. Copy over nothing except your database and history files from the renamed folder and then retest.

You can participate in beta testing by enabling beta builds.

Posté Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 2:45 am
Maybe I should just sell these decks? Though I don't make enough Djing to justifiably buy a new pair (like these "industry standard" pioneers)

I had a 5 hour beach gig and both of these decks had about a 1.5 second response with vdj 8 when controlling the platters and play/pause functions. About 2 hours into the gig they both started responding accurately. Maybe the decks are getting old, or they still have compatibility issues with vdj. I can say for certain- I've NEVER had these decks work flawless let it be vdj 7, 7,4, 8, etc- always minor and major issues happening.

Regarding phone contact to vdj, I gave up on that in 2012 when I called multiple times and no one ever answered. I don't DJ events enough to care that much to call anyway, but I FOR SURE want you guys to know, and everyone else with this hardware, that this program is not close to flawless with this setup.

Posté Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 1:48 pm
Ok, I had to post. I have been using vj7 and vdj8 sense day 1. Yes I also had issues but after last couple updates they are working flawless! I would be happy to share my settings with anyone that needs them.

I am using:
Vdj8 latest bata build
2 x Dns3900's
1 x Dnx1700
1 Macbook pro 2011

Send me a pm, i dont always check this forum
V/r
Dj Switch

Posté Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 5:16 pm
mrhamb00 wrote :
Ok, I had to post. I have been using vj7 and vdj8 sense day 1. Yes I also had issues but after last couple updates they are working flawless! I would be happy to share my settings with anyone that needs them.

I am using:
Vdj8 latest bata build
2 x Dns3900's
1 x Dnx1700
1 Macbook pro 2011

Send me a pm, i dont always check this forum
V/r
Dj Switch

^ Sorry but your setup isn't even close to mine

You guys also need to look into fixing the motor wheel function in advanced settings. If I set the MotorWheeLock time to anything over .6 seconds, it takes well over 5 seconds for my flip function to work. If I set the MotorWheelLock time to anything under .6 seconds there's constant lag and glitching when I hit play and pause. There really is serious glitching when it comes to this setting...

Posté Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 12:47 am
When motowheellock time is set t anything over 0.40000 seconds, the delay on 'flip' is about 4 or 5 seconds. When motowheellock time is set to 0.40000 or below, there is skipping/glitching/latency when hitting play/pause more than 2 or 3 times in a row.

Posté Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 12:46 pm
SBDJ wrote :
If you are having such replicatable issues then I would again recommend you contact support via a live method - ie chat or phone - so they can have a look.

Those representatives said, "This isn't possible to solve on our side. If it is relay VDJ version8 code related, then it must be solved by the Dev.Team. We here can't do this."

So yea...maybe a bit more communication? Because this is a bug.

Posté Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 2:11 pm
You requested I didnt reply to another of your topics but I will throw this in there for you.

Contacting support is generally useful since those in support (and the controller dev team) who do own these controllers have been unable to replicate afaik. By contacting support it is hoped that any potential system or setup issues can be eliminated.

Unfortunately I don't think any of us on the dev team own any of these controllers to test with either so narrowing this down may be problematic.

I've been unable to replicate on other motorwheel controllers.

Posté Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 5:40 pm
SBDJ wrote :
You requested I didnt reply to another of your topics but I will throw this in there for you.

Contacting support is generally useful since those in support (and the controller dev team) who do own these controllers have been unable to replicate afaik. By contacting support it is hoped that any potential system or setup issues can be eliminated.

Unfortunately I don't think any of us on the dev team own any of these controllers to test with either so narrowing this down may be problematic.

I've been unable to replicate on other motorwheel controllers.

I 'singled you out' because I'm fed up with being told there's nothing wrong with these. You can't say I have not been consistently been pointing out bugs within this setup for over a year, because it's true. You should screen share for FIVE MINUTES with me and I'll prove to you all these issues exist.

Posté Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 10:04 pm
Still no vdj rep can take 5 minutes out of their day for a customer to prove this bug.

Posté Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 12:06 am
You could always upload a video of the problem, then we can all see it. If you want a screen sharing session then your best bet is live support - chat or phone. You can then be walked through the process at the time and they have the tools to facilitate this.

Im not saying there is no issue - the hardware team have attempted to replicate your issue and failed. Your best bet is to work with them so they can replicate it. PhantomDeejay has a couple of these and he is probably your best hope. I will message him and ask him to test you time suggestion.

A five minute screen sharing session will be unlikely to provide enough information to fix it; motorwheels can be very tricky and the best hope you have of getting it fixed is a way for someone with the hardware to replicate it.

Posté Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 10:43 am
spaciumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello, I have the same problem. In my 3700 motorWheelInstantPlay not work as vdj7. That's wrong

Posté Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 5:52 am
SBDJ wrote :
You could always upload a video of the problem, then we can all see it. If you want a screen sharing session then your best bet is live support - chat or phone. You can then be walked through the process at the time and they have the tools to facilitate this.

Im not saying there is no issue - the hardware team have attempted to replicate your issue and failed. Your best bet is to work with them so they can replicate it. PhantomDeejay has a couple of these and he is probably your best hope. I will message him and ask him to test you time suggestion.

A five minute screen sharing session will be unlikely to provide enough information to fix it; motorwheels can be very tricky and the best hope you have of getting it fixed is a way for someone with the hardware to replicate it.

Live chat support does not work. I sat in the 'queue' for 2 hours on 2 separate days and both times the chat went from online to offline while I was waiting. That's not very good customer service...

Posté Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 4:59 pm
Well it's been a week and to no avail no one will answer my support tickets, and no one will answer chat support calls.

The motor wheel is still messed up when adjusting the response settings. The x1600 mappers sometimes don't function when I turn on vdj. The midi mappers show up under the x1600 setting but they don't work.

Posté Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 2:55 am
Still unable to replicate your X1600 issue. I've tested several hundred times across 3 different computers and it is always detected correctly.

Please enable logging in options. Replicate the issue with the X1600 and then post up the MIDI Report file generated in your VirtualDJ folder.

Posté Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 7:32 am
I'm not seeing where to enable logging options. I have motorwheel_instant_play mapped and the 3700s still skip when pressing pause/play more than once or twice.

Posté Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 8:10 pm
Bump #64

Posté Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 12:46 am

Posté Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 4:38 am
*Lets out a long-drawn sigh of exasperation*

Posté Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 5:30 pm
89%