Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Skin wish Stationary beatgrid on position wave

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I like to mark my tracks with hotcues in multiples of 32 beats like so
http://tinypic.com/r/10sgn45/8
I've found visually it helps a lot, knowing the next section is 32/64/96/128 or something phase breaking, and a few djs have asked 'why 12 hotcues?' and after explaining the reply is 'that's not a bad idea'
I've found a non practical work around to get a accurate beat grid on the position wave, And it will never see the light of day (too impractical even for me!)

Could Atomix augment the position wave with 8 or 32 or 64 markers?

And what do users think, a beat grid on the position wave, useful/limited scope/or another bloody stupid idea from the dog?

Posté Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 6:45 pm
u could set the "beatCounterRange" to 32 then activate the gridlines and u would have a line every 32 beats.
just and idea for ya :-)

nvm it places them every 4 no matter the setting.

maybe they could have different line lengths for 8,16,32,64 or even diff color lines it could be useful.

Posté Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 7:37 pm
I've realised this could be done with marker type POI, but actually doing it via the poi editor would be a stupid amount of work. I've said before this editor needs to be much smarter.

Posté Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 6:53 am
PAH! We never had 32 beat markers when we played vinyl on turntables, and we managed just fine!

Bloody noobs!

Posté Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:11 am
Guess we are just lazy counters ha :P

Posté Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:42 am
I get what you're saying groovin, back in my vinyl only days you had to know your tunes. You'd buy a few records and try them out over and over again until you could remember all the nuances and I can still remember lots of tunes with over/under runs, the exact point to start the next record etc etc but these days when you can get 100's tunes for nowt or next to nowt. I'll admit I'd rather let the machine save some pain.

Posté Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 1:21 pm
wonder if its possible to write a script to place a marker ever 32 beats from first beat marker? if so that could cut the work down alot.

or can scripts even place poi markers?

Posté Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 2:10 pm
No you can't script markers or action poi (Fingers crossed for 8.1) , I have a script that adds a hotcue every 64/128 (hotcue 1 & goto +64 & hotcue 2... etc) that serves as a rough indicator for tracks dl'd by request.

Posté Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 3:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)