Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Sujet BUILD 1973 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

- faster search on large databases
- fixed song loading when loaded out of order
- prevent creating hotcues past end of song
- fixed some rare crashes
- re-analyze removes corrupted flag if file is not corrupted anymore

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 10:50 am
ok something wrong with the pitch on timecode vinyl now when i mix the pitch of the song is moving to to much it does not stay in place not even for 1 second and all my setting are right i got my setting from apopsis he help because the pitch was acting weird and after he gave me these setting it still acting weird .it hard to mix the pitch does not stay still u have to keep your hand on the pitch slider on the turntable all day and it still hard to mix in a song it does not stay on point for 1 second at all.Dev can u please help.And like Dj Sky-Trendsetters said there is pitch fluctuations.help and even with the sync nothing it like the pitch is off on a track. thanks

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 10:58 am
leneerPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2014
[IMAGE REMOVED]

Please keep this thread for regression bug reporting.

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 11:14 am
sclavel wrote :
re-analyze removes corrupted flag

Even if the track is genuinely corrupted?

The flags were put there because there was (allegedly) a problem of some kind with the track. Now the flags are just going to be removed?

EDIT - Ah, I see the post has been amended. :-)

So if VDJ 8 can still find corrupted tracks, can we PLEASE have a method (e.g. filter folder) of displaying them all, and more info on what is supposed to be wrong with them?

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 11:16 am
angelt99 wrote :
ok something wrong with the pitch on timecode vinyl now when i mix the pitch of the song is moving to to much it does not stay in place not even for 1 second and all my setting are right i got my setting from apopsis he help because the pitch was acting weird and after he gave me these setting it still acting weird .it hard to mix the pitch does not stay still u have to keep your hand on the pitch slider on the turntable all day and it still hard to mix in a song it does not stay on point for 1 second at all.Dev can u please help.And like Dj Sky-Trendsetters said there is pitch fluctuations.help and even with the sync nothing it like the pitch is off on a track. thanks

Angel I think u might need to do a video, also after every release I delete the settings.xml for safe measure. Also try disabling your hercules mixer and see if the problems go away

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 11:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Filter: Length contains "!" would be enough if length allowed such an operator.

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 11:59 am
- prevent creating hotcues past end of song

Problem with this, I have a few songs that start on beat 2 or 3 so I have a hotcue before the start of the song in position where beat 1 would be, couldn't this instead of being a refusal, could this be a dialogue box?

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:05 pm
If it is preventing cues before as we'll as after that would suck like loco says I have cues set before start nothing after though

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:22 pm
I've tested, existing presong cues still exist but new ones can't be added. This isn't a big deal, probably < 0.01% of tracks are like this for me, I could audacity in some silence to the start of the track or Action POI my way out, but I'd rather not.

I'm not too sure though why this needed fixing, but maybe it did.

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:41 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Press and hold the Mouse on the wave form & move down fast on the wave form on 1 0r 2 waves and VDJ-8 will ( Crash )

OSX 10.9.2 / 2.6Ghz i7/ 8Gb RAM

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 2:17 pm
wickedmix wrote :
If it is preventing cues before as we'll as after that would suck like loco says I have cues set before start nothing after though

Same here.

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 3:09 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I noticed that every new available build is erasing all @$vars in settings.xml.

Is that supposed to be so ? Maybe for safety while we're in beta ?

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 4:56 pm
Re: Sampler (updated today 24/9/14 to 1973)

I have discovered (the hard way!) that for some reason it doesn't keep the name if you include a hyphen. For example I have named each particular themed visual with the following prefixes:

Birthday - (name of visual)
Halloween - (name of visual)
Quiz - (name of visual)
Weddings - (name of visual)

Having done that to over 200 visuals, I closed down VDJ for a while, opened it back up again and all of the visuals were only showing the (name of visual) part in the Sampler list but when opening up the Sample Editor, the original Name as above was still the same. I have now renamed a few (testing it out first) without a hyphen but still with a space (e.g. Birthday 16), shut down, re-opened and names are staying as that. It does however work with an underscore but gives you a space if you use an underscore, yet gives you an underscore if you use a colon! Confused...yep, so am I!

I have also noticed that it is not keeping the assigned Groups - they have all reverted to blank.

Hopefully an easy fix...

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 5:06 pm
Mac os 10.9.5
Processor 2.6.GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
On Latest Build
Running video and Slideshow for audio only files..
seems like vdj8 now has a hard time distinguishing between video files and mp3's.
While a video is playing the slideshow visual will turn itself on when loading another video to another deck have to click on the "slideshow button to turn it off, so the video will show again, and sometimes that doesn't work. this happens with both right and left decks.

Posté Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 8:44 pm
On the plus side I used the latest version and did not have a single pitch jump, but will be keeping an eye on it.

Now the downside. I was tagging some files last night and when I was saving album art VDJ8's internet connection got hosed. All other software could access the internet as needed, so it was a not a wifi issue. VDJ also indicated it was downloading (via message just above the library browser) but it was not. The only way to solve it was to shut down and restart the application. It has done this before, especially if you try to tag the album art for about 20+ songs in a row. See the video below.
http://screencast.com/t/jatyp8D2

Posté Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 7:58 am
RCBAudio wrote :
On the plus side I used the latest version and did not have a single pitch jump, but will be keeping an eye on it.

Now the downside. I was tagging some files last night and when I was saving album art VDJ8's internet connection got hosed. All other software could access the internet as needed, so it was a not a wifi issue. VDJ also indicated it was downloading (via message just above the library browser) but it was not. The only way to solve it was to shut down and restart the application. It has done this before, especially if you try to tag the album art for about 20+ songs in a row. See the video below.
http://screencast.com/t/jatyp8D2

ok are u using timecode vinyl ?

Posté Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 8:54 am
angelt99 wrote :

No

Posté Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 10:46 am
RCBAudio wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

No

yeah his is happening with timecode vinyl.something is wrong with the pitch.

Posté Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 11:05 am
to enable and disable the effects, brake and backspin, the music still not walking, completely stop, would be good to continue to walk disable music ...

Posté Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 8:34 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Is it me or it's a Regression Bug??? I have scanned 7 new MP4s and all have the wrong number of bpms or the wrong beat markers (on half of the beat). I had to count the bpms manually pressing TAP and also correct the beat markers through the bpm editor.

Posté Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 11:53 am
31%