Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet device definitions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

nuitskePRO InfinityMember since 2014
Is it possible to change natively installed device definitions?

Greetz,

Posté Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 11:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, you cant. Which device are you interested in, and what is the reason you wish to change the definition of the device ?

For whatever reason, you will have to write your own definition, if you wish to bypass the native one. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller_Definition.html

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 2:28 am
Hi djdad,

As i find vdj the best dj software there is, there is one option in decadance2 that i like very much. It's called "base x-fade". it changes the base_Eq while sliding the crossfader.
I tried to map vdj like this (crossfader = crossfader & param_invert & deck left eq_low & crossfader & param_invert & deck right Eq_low & crossfader )
It almost did the trick, but the base_eq is at maximum all the time. So i wanted to try and alter the device definitions so the base knobs go max to zero point.

I tried making a definition file, but vdj allways go fore native files.

I hope you understand my english as i'm not very good in expressing myself in it :)

Greetz

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 12:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What you want to accomplish is mapping related - you don't want to change the definition file for this.

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 12:43 pm
I really tried, but i can't get the bass knobs to go only from -12 to 0. it always go's from -12 to +12.

Greetings

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 1:02 pm
Try this:

param_smaller 0.5 ? deck 2 eq_low & crossfader : crossfader & deck 1 eq_low & param_invert & deck 1 eq_low

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 3:34 pm
BTW:
You can also use "crossfader & eq_crossfader_low"
It will produce the same result with previous code, but you won't see your bass knobs move on screen ;)

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 3:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As mentioned, you can assign a controller/keyboard button or even a custom button on the skin as ...
toggle '$lowxfade'
and then map your crossfader as ..
var '$lowxfade' ? crossfader & eq_crossfader_low : crossfader

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 4:28 pm
Thx all,

Almost there. :)
Now when the crossfader is in the middle both bass knobs should be at 25%. For the moment they are at 50% so the output is still double bass.
Maybe the param_multiply can be used here.

Greetings

Posté Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 11:36 am
Here some pictures of what I'm trying to do. PhantomDeejay is close with his solution.

Greetings

Posté Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 3:00 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)