Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet Limiter Stays in Red

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

Last week, at the end of a 4 hr gig, the channel level will shoot up and stay in the red and the volume will decrease.

Last night, at the end of a 5 hr gig, the same thing.

In both instances, the issue started on the right deck and would bleed over to the other decks (All the decks will start clipping). I have the ddjsx and I always use auto+remember for the DB auto gain.

My settings haven't changed and I appreciate your assistance to find a solution. I hope I provided sufficient information. Flex

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 7:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The remembered gain is possibly too high?
Did you try putting the gain knobs back centered when this happened?

Posté Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:30 am
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Adion wrote :
The remembered gain is possibly too high?
Did you try putting the gain knobs back centered when this happened?

Yes I did, but since I rarely change the gain I believe all settings were at zero. I will pay attention to this.

I never had this happen or messed with the settings. I did find an article by PhantomDeeJay discussing the limiter and gain settings (http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/187176/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/A_few_words_about_the_limiter.html?search=limiter&page=1). The songs I play when this issue occurs are regular played songs.

I'm going try his suggestions unless u have other suggestions. Thank you Adion.

Posté Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've run into a stuck limiter once it was connected to VSTs/effects that sample & feedback, killing the effects cleared the problem.

Posté Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 9:54 am
Definitely seeing some glitches in the way VDJ reads the loaded songs. One time manual adjustments will fix gain issues but I think this, automix issues and other recurring topics all seem to stem from how VDJ reads the mp3 initially when loaded.

Am I right in saying the decoding of the mp3 and other music formats is done in a different way to 7?

Posté Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 5:14 pm
some effects even vst effects can "double" the deck volume..

when i use compressor/mastering vst's its not uncommon to have to pull the gain back to -5 this does not affect how the deck sounds.

Posté Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 4:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)