Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Best news since MP3 DJing! Finally THE 1 Controller!!! - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

XiomanHome userMember since 2003

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 2:06 am
Does someone have a better picture of this controller?

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 2:27 am

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 2:33 am
That's what I'm talking about. An affordable solution! Now I don't feel I'm being raped by the VDJ people with their over priced controllers.

And despite what you say, It's an all in one solution. So keep your overpriced controllers, this baby will do just fine.

And before you say that your product is better, Think about who will get the market share when they sell a million units and you only sell a couple of hundreds.

Although I would like to see better pictures and more description of features.

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 3:52 am

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 4:11 am

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 4:46 am
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
If I understand corectly, not only does it work with VDJ, but you get VDJ with it!?

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 7:01 am
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It "looks" ok at first glance...but there are a few flaws with it.

A) the left side of the player is ok..but the right side is a mirror image of the A side. It shouldn't be. It should be laid out exactly like side A. This way, when you can operate the buttons on player A "blindfolded" per say, you can operate player B with just as much ease. When you look at player B, the pitch bend buttons are in an awkward spot as compared to the A player, due to this "mirror" image design.

B) There are no buttons to play VD's Samples.

There are a few other things I don't like about this controller, but i'm not saying cause i don't wanna come across as "bashing" this new controller too much. It's a great step in the right direction, but just needs a veteran DJ to design the next model instead of an engineer who "obviously" laid this unit out. Yah sure it may look "pretty"..but not functional.

Hercules company... contact me.. I'll design a Kick-ass controller for you.

StylesQ,
Canada

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 10:39 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
So which version of Virtual DJ/other comes with it? Will it allow you to download plugins and skins etc or will it be a "lite" version that requires an upgrade?

On the product matrix it appears that only Virtual DJ pro allows external audio input, but the Hercules page says that this device allows that. So do purchasers effectively get Virtual DJ pro but with Hercules' controller?

Thanks

r

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 10:58 am
Oops, I meant remote control. But now that second one sounds lke a dumb question. Forgive me, it is still early morning!

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 11:00 am
It looks cheap ... maybe it's ok but I want to hear and see it in action first.
Is it possible that it hasn't got a High equalizer??
Can someone of the Atomix Team give some official information about this product.

GnoedeL

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 4:36 pm
It definitely seems to be aimed more at the low end of the market, rather than trying to be a pro product at 20% of the price.

That said, some of the competing devices are much more expensive due to low volume I think.

For me it *looks* like the perfect product - small (I don't have much space left), multifunction and, well, cheap. If I earned a living as a DJ I'd probably want something a tad more upmarket!

So desperate to find ot what it's like. Funny, this morning I didn't even know it existing, now it is eating away at me :-)

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 5:11 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
We have been working with Hercules for a year now. This controller will include a limited version of VDJ. It should be available in stores before christmas.

Posté Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 9:56 pm
Styles Q, what gives you the right to say it should be this way?? What is your point based upon? Your own preferences, well it is a valid point but state so please. But I'm not sure it allows you to critisize this way. I agree that most of the controler are designed this way but it does not mean this is the most efficient way. It is certainly the cheapest as you only have to design half a controler ...

Why do I ask you this question, well, as of the way bimanual actions are coordinated, mirror works much better (there is a whole bunch of scientific paper (more than 60 actually)adressing this issue). As far as I am concerned my Atomix keyboard shortcuts are all "mirror" organised. For example:
F1: Left player stop
F2: Left player hold
F3: Left player pause
F4: Left player play
F5: Left player magic
F6: Left player skip beat
F7: Left player skip beat
F8: Left player magic
F9: Left player play
F10: Left player pause
F11: Left player hold
F12: Left player stop

My 2 cents

Posté Sat 04 Oct 03 @ 10:21 pm
As of the controler/soundcard itself. I guess before being agressive against the team, we'd better check the sound quality of this new toy and also how it can manage to be hooked to an external mixer ...

Posté Sat 04 Oct 03 @ 10:22 pm
what's the point to hook it up to an external mixer if it has a mixer build inside.
Then you are going to pay more for what you get because you don't use the build in mixer. Right?
+ Doesn't it effect the soundquality if you use 2 mixers?

GnoedeL

Posté Sun 05 Oct 03 @ 12:42 am
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey lavoisier,

Of course it's my opinion or else I wouldn't have posted IT lol.

Just being a dj for 21 years now in the largest clubs in Toronto, ontario Canada, and my experience and reputation here and across the country gives me some "credibility" in this subject. I'm just speaking for me though, But I like to see things "balanced". When I dj with my Techinics 1200's (and YES..I still use these TOO)... I go from one to the other... it would be very ackward "in my opinion", having the tone arm and slider etc on the right side for one table and having them on the left for the table. It's stupid.
Look at any professional equipment and you'll see my point regarding the "mirror" image design with this new Hercules player combo. The established companies like Denon, Numark, Technics lay it out the way it should be laid out, "basically 2 players side by side OR two separate individual players that set on either side of the mixer. Virtual DJ's NEW XP10 players are this way too.
The concept of a dual player unit is for them to be EXACTLY the same... hence the term "identical dual players". When using the buttons on one side, your placement of fingers and hand movements will be the same on the other player ...without having to look at the player (when you get good enough to do this).

PC keyboard? who's talking about finger placement on a keyboard...i'm talking about a mixer player with sliders etc.

BTW...this is a FORUM...it is designed for people to give "opinions' on subjects ..in this case it is the "Hercules" unit.

StylesQ

Posté Sun 05 Oct 03 @ 4:09 am
PC keyboard, console, this remains bimanual coordination.
No one discussed your fame in Ontario, by the way read my post, all the arguments you give about the brands, I anticipated them.
You would find weird to work with mirror interface only because you only used things that were not designed this way (as you pointed out) like everybody else who bought these brands.
You're argument is based upon observation and mine on scientific data not to mention that it is not because the majority does one way that this is the best way for interfacing, I have to give you that it is certainly the best in terms of costs. Take the example of bikes. Bikes were you have a sitting posture are better in terms of efficience but the bike the way we know it is more popular and very few people have converted to the sitting bike in spite of its better efficience. This does make the sitting bike surprising but it does not make it bad ...
Peace

Posté Sun 05 Oct 03 @ 8:44 pm
It looks kinda cool... and for someone who's just playing around with DJing, sure, perfect. But for someone playing in a club? No way. I *do not* want a mixer as part of my controller, thats what my mixer is for. External mixers made by good companies will be better to use than this. When I go to play at a club, I have to use their equipment, or at least connect my equipment(currently just a laptop) to their equipment. This is very easy if you just need to sets of line inputs, and then I use the laptop with their mixer.

I also agree with StylesQ on the mirror image bit, I would rather have two players exactly the same, like *every* CDJ deck.

One major flaw that I can see, in comparison to regular CDJ controllers, is that the well is only one dimension, CDJ decks have an inner wheel and an outer wheel, which allows you to do a lot more.

I really think I'm gonna wait for the EKS controller to be re-made for Virtual DJ, from what I've seen, it works the most like a turntable, and hell, its about the same price. So, if you're serious about DJing, then spending $300+ on a decent mixer and $1200+ on turntables isn't that big of a deal. The advantage here, is that I can still mix with just one EKS controller :)

N.B. All $ = CAD

Posté Mon 06 Oct 03 @ 4:34 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I have only one question about this controller :
Are the jog weels touch sensitive ?
(touch and hold+scrath when move ?)

Can anybody from the team clarify this ?

Posté Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 5:30 am
21%