Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Best news since MP3 DJing! Finally THE 1 Controller!!! - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
You cannot scratch with the jog wheels. More info will be available soon.

Posté Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 10:45 am
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
That is sooooo bad. And sooo sad.

Posté Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 6:35 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Gutted. Absolutely gutted. Thanks for letting us know though - at least it has killed off my burning desire to rush to get one. I look forward to seing more info about what it *will* be capable of doing!

Posté Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 6:48 pm
XiomanHome userMember since 2003
Mix, scratch and manipulate digital music in real time, from MP3s, WMAs to CDs
... It might not scratch with Virtual DJ but I'm sure there will be a hack for it to work with traktor...
seems like you guys are narrowing your choices every time... Sad news for atomix!

Posté Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 9:05 pm
Official news is still rolling out but I am sure that VDJ will do more with the controller than any hack for another software will do. By the way it was not our choice for it to not scratch with the jog wheels.

Posté Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 9:49 pm
XiomanHome userMember since 2003
The reason most people want a controller is for the scratching ability... something you can't do with mapped keys... I guess I'll pass on virtua dj... until something better is out, maybe xp10 if prices are lowered!

Posté Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 11:18 pm
This Hercules controller looks like a toy to me. Something to play around with, but not exactly designed for high performance or pro use. I may get one for my little brother(14) who is interested in learning about DJing, but I don't really wanna get him a set of decks/XP10 + mixer(although I'd let him use mine)

Posté Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 11:27 pm
I have a question... Somone said the VDJ software that comes with the console is going to be limited. So I'm wondering about the types of limitations it will have, and how much it might be to upgrade to a full version of VDJ if you feel the need to.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 1:25 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
People, be fair..
Whith this price don't expect to take everyhing.
Digital scratching is a very advanced feature and only
some newer and expensive cds and controllers
do it right. (cdj 1000 / Denon DNS 5000 / the new Technics
/ XP-10) I have 2 Pionners Cdj-500 where i work, and
the jogs are used for pitch bend / nudge.
I thing Hercules controller offer already too much,
and it is the best value for money.
(24/96 sound card, pitch sliders, gain/eq)

The only i want to see, is the build quality,
if it can be used professional or semi-professional,
or it is a toy like someone else said.
What about spare parts ?

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 4:22 am
As I continue to say don't jump to conclusions until more official news comes out. Be sure we will work our best to provide all the features we can in this controller.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 8:21 am
DJNeoHome userMember since 2003
Yeah this does look good.

How do you guys think this compares to the EScratch Controller? You can use your keyboard for shortcuts and i would rather use my turntable for scratching than a scratch pad.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 6:21 pm
The e scratch controller....Have they got a working prototype yet ?

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 7:07 pm
just wanted to say/ask a couple things.......

first of all, who CARES about scratching with mp3's at all?? if you want to scratch, then learn how to use turntables. scratch dj'ing with cd's is even kinda goofy, but scratch dj'ing with some mickey-mouse controller and a laptop is downright lame. the art of scratch "turntabilism" is for scratch "turntabilists" to be performed on "turntables".

second of all, i bought the VDJ software (for $160 CAN thank-you very much) figuring i'd get a controller when it comes out. cool.

now correct me if i'm wrong, but do you gotta buy VDJ Pro to use the controller (which is gonna cost me another $785)!!??

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 7:38 pm
I am using Virtual DJ full version and am interested in this product. My question is, is it going to be compatible with the full version, or am I going to have to upgrade my Virtual DJ version and get this "pro" version? I remember with Atomix MP3 I had to upgrade my full version to pro when I got the controller.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 8:27 pm
One other question to Virtual DJ--when your controller comes out, how much is $499 euro dollars in US dollars? That would help to know, so I can compare to this other controller.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 8:33 pm
its roughly $589

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 8:48 pm
@colonelcobwebs:
Why do YOU care about MP3 DJing at all? The only thing stopping us from doing scratches "turntabilists" can only dream "of" is "a" deacent controller! Tehnics are going the right way, but are not quite there yet. And the very fact that the manufacturer of the first direct drive TT, in other words, the people who have set the foundation for this thing we call DJing is making a MP3 turntable is enough proof for me that digital DJing (including scratching) is the enevatable future. But, I agree on you this controller being Mickey Mouse-like, but at least its not a mouse :)

@djjean69:
euro dollars???

"nscode" ;)

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry nscode no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 9:14 pm
lol... Lady Cameron is loosing it :))

oh, and you don't need to buy VDJ Pro, that X in comparison table means you get a controller with VDJ (not this one, but another one) with it. With this controller you get VDJ.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 9:20 pm
The DJConsole controller does come with VDJ but its a limited version. Full version virtual DJ users will have the software in the next coming versions to allow VDJ to be used with the controller.

Posté Thu 09 Oct 03 @ 1:47 am
So, can you please tell us what some of the main limitations there will be in the software that comes with the Hercules DJ Console? Anyone please?

Posté Thu 09 Oct 03 @ 5:38 am
41%