Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Instant Play

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

kidoggPRO InfinityMember since 2010
How to get a song to play instantly when loaded onto a deck. If deck A is playing and I want to load a song New song in the same deck I want it to play instantly

Posté Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 10:04 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
How are you loading the track?

Posté Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 11:10 pm
I work with an external mixer and cdj's, but my left and right arrow on my laptop are configured:

(left) holding ? unload : deck 1 browser_enter & play_pauze
(right) holding ? unload : deck 2 browser_enter & play_pauze

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 1:28 am
I load it with a controller, but I don't think Yall understand the question. I want the song to automatically play after I load it into a deck, I don't want to push any play buttons. As of now when I load a song it stays on pause until I push play, I don't want that

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 2:48 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Set loadSecurity to "off" in settings/ options
create a custom button ( or use free controller button ) for example like : load & play_onbeat
i think it is not possible without pressing any button ( you cannot load a track without doing anything ;-)

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 3:34 am
lol, I'm not trying to be lazy...... I just want to mix certain songs on the drop and not worry about any pauses or having to pleas play when it can start as soon as I load it. I'll be chopping up tracks in post production . I did turn off the safety feature, but haven't tried the play on beat.

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 5:02 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
well ... just give another try then :-)
works fine here so far ...

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 5:40 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I asked how you were loading for a reason, change the load mapping of your controller to
load & play

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 7:06 am
locodog wrote :
I asked how you were loading for a reason, change the load mapping of your controller to
load & play

works! thanks guys

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 7:12 pm
found a crazy way to have a instant play on load/drag to the decks like on tc vinyls or cd players
You need 2 or better 3 sound cards at least.
just download the cd timecode and assign it in audio to your intern soundcard.

goto audiosettings an choose Timecode Signal:
- select timecode 1 - your intern soundcard - chan1&2
- master - to your soundcard of your loudspeakers - cahn 1&2
- headphones - to your soundcard of your controller - chan 3&4

- edit in your button editor "timecode_active" ( my shortcut button is called "tc" )

- now play the cd timecode.mp3 on a mediaplayer ( i chosed winamp ) mediaplayer must be assigned on intern soundcard !
- configure your timecode signal in relative mode and auto calibrate it.
- you will see, that timecode signal recognizes the tone of your mediaplayer.

- ok, now it works after you press play the first time . you can drag files in your deck an they start automaticly. if not press "tc" on your edited button to activate it.
- now you can stop or close the the noisy mediaplayer.
- vdj still allow to drag files while they still play automaticly ( cause it is in relative mode )

right now i don't know how stable it worked- i had no crash or errors the last 2 hours....
try it out and enjoy

Posté Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 4:54 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Why has no one mentioned automix?
If a song is cued in an active playlist then just clicking on it mixes it into the out going song, and fades out that song.
I'm confused..and you can vary the type of mix, a cut should be possible. In VDJ 8 all manner of cue points can be set within a song.

Posté Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 5:22 pm
that feature had nothing to do with automix.
the only reason to check this out is to a have more vinyl feeling during a live mix without using the play and cue button.
just drag, pitch, scratch and play with the faders.... no play, stop, cue, stutter... like oldschool djs learned it before cd came out.

Posté Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 5:42 pm
dj massi wrote :
just drag, pitch, scratch and play with the faders.... no play, stop, cue, stutter... like oldschool djs learned it before cd came out.

If by drag you mean drop the vinyl on the turntable (something similar to "load" function) then you forgot the part that you had to move the tonearm from the "park" position over the vinyl and drop it on place.
So, by any means it was not instant fun :P
(not to mention that turntables had start/stop switch as well, but let's say you left the platter rotating forever)

Posté Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 7:30 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
dj massi wrote :

If by drag you mean drop the vinyl on the turntable (something similar to "load" function) then you forgot the part that you had to move the tonearm from the "park" position over the vinyl and drop it on place.
So, by any means it was not instant fun :P
(not to mention that turntables had start/stop switch as well, but let's say you left the platter rotating forever)

yes, still same same but different ! Miss the needle noise in the background, I should make a sampler and run it in the backround. :-)

Posté Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 3:47 am
I really respect you guys doing vinyl (or did in the past).
All those nice functions available today, compared to have nothing, just a noisy pickup and a spinning platter, and perhaps a pitch control.

Posté Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 4:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)