Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Sujet BUILD 2338 - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Some hangups when using automix editor

Posté Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 2:17 am
DHoude wrote :
Regression bugs are not existing bugs. Regression means we went backwards, aka just caused a new issue in this build.

I'm not agree with you.. For me is a new bug that appears after a software change and that is what has happened in the bug I have reported. And it is what wikipedia thinks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_regression

manu-sp wrote :
Hello
Some things solved in 2338
- Adding new network file location in the data base, browser hangs untill all files are added. This takes a lot of time. SOLVED
- Searching in network locations takes a lot of time despite this locations where previously added to search db... More than 10 minutes. SOLVED
- After hangs in browser while adding to search db and leave the software opened without doing nothing sound output fails, leds in controller seem to work fine. Need to restart virtualdj to recover sound output (I have denon mc6000MK2). I will try to give you more information. SEEM TO BE SOLVED

Regression Bugs not solved problems in this version and reported in previous versions
- Video cuts and interface cuts prelistening, loading, file brosing network files located on a NAS server. (While searching the same problem lot of video cuts)
manu-sp wrote :
I think you have improved the song cuts in network drive touching some priority and adding a new process surpervising continuously that the file is present... isn't it?.
But I think this new process is eating too much resources and the video output and interface freezes continously if the interface is touched. When I browse files, load a song, prelisten, always I can see anoying video cuts in the output screen, and interface cuts that there weren't before. I think now the response of the software is slower too. I have tested to activate/deactivate jumbo frames with no differences.
The interface is not for me a big problem but in the video ouput yes because I use it to play karaoke files and play videos and this cuts could be very anoying to my customers.

Best Regards Friends
Manu

Posté Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 7:58 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You reported this bug as being present in the last public build - 2325, so it is not really a regression bug for the current beta builds.

I also can't see any changes that would fix your issues. There's certainly been no new process introduced that verifies all your files constantly. I'd like to suggest that a NAS is far from an optimal solution for accessing your files.

Your best bet for this is to open a thread in the bug report forum and explain your issue in more detail. Please include all relevant troubleshooting information such as exactly how to replicate, system specifications and any screenshots or video that might be useful. It is also extremely important that if this used to work that you test previous builds to find out exactly what build it stopped working in.

We won't really be able to investigate or fix it without more information.

Posté Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 10:45 am
Hi SBDJ sometimes beats are visually completely synchronized but the mix does not sound good, it sounds like is no good matched, visually yes but sounding not , I can fix that by the ear with old traditional way of mixing the problem it's solved but when i fix this by the ear !that moment when I look in to the screen I can see that they are not visually synchronized 2 mils approx of to be matched visually ! this happened many times

Posté Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 5:21 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
nicholas123 wrote :
Hi SBDJ sometimes beats are visually completely synchronized but the mix does not sound good, it sounds like is no good matched, visually yes but sounding not , I can fix that by the ear with old traditional way of mixing the problem it's solved but when i fix this by the ear !that moment when I look in to the screen I can see that they are not visually synchronized 2 mils approx of to be matched visually ! this happened many times

+1

Posté Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 7:14 pm
SBDJ wrote :
You reported this bug as being present in the last public build - 2325, so it is not really a regression bug for the current beta builds.

I also can't see any changes that would fix your issues. There's certainly been no new process introduced that verifies all your files constantly. I'd like to suggest that a NAS is far from an optimal solution for accessing your files.

Your best bet for this is to open a thread in the bug report forum and explain your issue in more detail. Please include all relevant troubleshooting information such as exactly how to replicate, system specifications and any screenshots or video that might be useful. It is also extremely important that if this used to work that you test previous builds to find out exactly what build it stopped working in.

We won't really be able to investigate or fix it without more information.

Hi SBDJ

I opened here because virtualdj told me to make it on this way. Previously I was talking with them privetely.
For me NAS is the best way to acces my more than 3tb of files and from two computers.
To see this new process working use some video files in a network location in for example an automix session in previously versions and disconnect the network cable at the half of some video... Nothing happens in previously versions until virtual dj try to load next track in the automix session, then an audible song drop usually happens. After it go to new versions and disconnect cable. The network fall is detected inmediatly ( the video output hangs during some seconds and in the browser you can see de problem inmediatly with a strange mark in the files) but song drops do not happen (so it is solved, great job of the virtualdj developers) but now when you are browsing or searching or doing things with network locations always the video output has small freezes... as the interface freeze too. The interface does not mind me too much but the video output yes because it is what is seeing my costumers.
Cheers!

Posté Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 12:18 am
espepe when they are visually matched the mix does not sound good ,what do you mean +1 ?
to get them visually matched to add +1 ? if is this what you mean than you need to read it again what I have been wrote there thanks ! I can visually matched them with +1 but that is not matched by the sound when I do so it does not sound good in the mix I think it's something about to do with calculating the bpm, correct grid ,CBG ?
is anyone experienced this behavior of vdj 8 yet the latest build ?

Posté Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 2:01 am
DABUCHEPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the options translate no works

Posté Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 4:08 am
SBDJ wrote :
It highlights the file OK here.

it probably does, just doesnt scroll there (in full folders) ... maybe thats possible too, that it not only highlights but scrolls there as well

Posté Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 6:46 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The file is visible in the window and selected here, no matter where in the file list it actually is.

Posté Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 8:50 am
nicholas123 wrote :

try using the scratch wave... loudest peaks in the old waveform are not always the bass it's easier to switch to scratchwave to see what I mean...

Posté Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 9:51 am
thank you guys. =)

Posté Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 11:43 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
nicholas123 wrote :
espepe when they are visually matched the mix does not sound good ,what do you mean +1 ?
to get them visually matched to add +1 ? if is this what you mean than you need to read it again what I have been wrote there thanks ! I can visually matched them with +1 but that is not matched by the sound when I do so it does not sound good in the mix I think it's something about to do with calculating the bpm, correct grid ,CBG ?
is anyone experienced this behavior of vdj 8 yet the latest build ?

Well it's very easy to understand when I sad +1,means my friend same problem ,but next time I'll be sure more specific!!!!!!!

Posté Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 8:17 pm
espepe sorry about that man did not understood you properly !
I tough that I'm just the one who experienced this .
I have notice this problem, happening with a lot of songs ,I'm not bashing the vdj8 I actually love vdj 8 I'm just trying to help developers to make the vdj8 the best software it would be nice to be solved soon , but I have to say what I have notice .
I have to say that to who think I'm wrong, that I have been used the same songs in different software no probs .
It's something to do with calculating the song ,bpm, griding etc ....

Posté Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 6:58 am
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've noticed this too! CBG and beats can be visually dead on in the software but the songs will not be beatmatched. You need to pitch bend them to get them synced and when they are synced the waveforms do not line up! This happens sometimes and not with all the songs! I agree that is has something to do with the way the tracks are analyzed!

Posté Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 7:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)