Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 Mixer - Page: 6

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

alixrippon971 wrote :
"....i finaly found a solution, i made this and it works"

Looks great!

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 7:29 am
Had a play with one of these the other day.. you can't throw the faders across like you can on a Rane, they seem to have a bit of bounce back.. Just sayin

Posté Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 2:40 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Magvel xfaders are set-able :)

Posté Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 7:03 am
I know its ancient by now a days standards, but I LOVE my Numark x6 w/innofader. Last night saw by buddy use this, and I have to say i'm impressed! I've been thinking of upgrading to a better mixer and I have my eye on this.

One question though.

One of my absolute FAVORITE features of the Numark x6 (and why I keep using it) is the ability to turn my filter "OFF", set the filter to a position that I want (say, starting off in a low filter setting on the knob) then, turn the effect on, and "build up" the beat until the drop.

99% of mixers that have filters, the filter is ALWAYS enabled, thus I can't do my little filter build up, like I just described.

Can owners of this tell me if the filter is a hardware effect, or is it just controlling the software? If its software, then I can custom map this function in VDJ, but if its hardware, then its just gonna be an unused knob :-/

Thanks in advance, cheers!

Posté Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 5:10 pm
djfrujPRO InfinityMember since 2013
how far away is release date for the S9 Now, I'm Truly sick of serato.

Posté Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 8:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We will upload mapping files for the DJM-S9 in our Addons page by the end of this week. Keep in mind that the Software Effects (the 6 buttons on the right side) will not work though. This will require some significant changes on the way the VDJ Effects work, so no ETA for this.

Posté Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 9:06 pm
djfrujPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Cool, Using the On-Board Sound Effects Should Suffice, Thanks For the Info

djdad wrote :
We will upload mapping files for the DJM-S9 in our Addons page by the end of this week. Keep in mind that the Software Effects (the 6 buttons on the right side) will not work though. This will require some significant changes on the way the VDJ Effects work, so no ETA for this.

Posté Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 10:28 pm
djdad wrote :
Keep in mind that the Software Effects (the 6 buttons on the right side) will not work though.

You're talking about the Serato DJFX bank, right? Can they be mapped to do something else in VDJ or are those functions/buttons locked to strictly Serato?

Posté Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 12:13 pm
Not sure, but i dont think so. They are working in a Hardware way, meaning that as soon as you click on one of those buttons, it automatically send the sound of the decks to the Send FX audio channel and then expects the sound from the USB Return FX one. So they cant be mapped to any action other than the "correct" ones.

Posté Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 4:04 pm
That sucks. Wasted buttons if you dont want to use Serato, which is what I've been using with the S9 until it's ready to shine with VDJ. Maybe Pioneer will one day release a firmware update that will unlock those buttons to be mini mapped, but there's a better chance of Trump hooking up with Hillary in the oval office before Pioneer does that. lol

Posté Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 12:01 pm
The days that the MIDI controllers were just simple buttons/faders sending MIDI messages has passed and unfortunately we see more and more locked firmwares and hardware functionality.
This is probably done for 2 reasons.
1. Bypass software weakness of other DJ Applications (the strong point of VirtualDJ to do anything you want via vdj scripts)
2. To prevent other DJ Applications from working 100% with their hardware and allow only the bundled one to access these features

The history so far, has proved that such approaches only limit the hardware instead of providing tight support.

Anyways, its just a matter of time for VirtualDJ to offer what is left for this mixer.

Posté Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 12:29 pm
to all the possibilities offered by the S9 combined with those of Virtual Dj , frankly we dont really need these Fx buttons. it's a sad to have six buttons that won't eventually be use , but we have the equivalent .

Posté Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 1:13 pm
Mapping files uploaded
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80418

Some Notes :
- The Software Effect buttons (on the right side) do not offer any functionality. This section will require further implementation for FX Send/Return.
- The Parameter buttons on the USER1 to USER2 pages, may not work as expected (or at all). We are expecting additional info from Pioneer.

Official mapping files will be available once we resolve the remaining issues.

Posté Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 10:27 am
djdad wrote :
Not sure, but i dont think so. They are working in a Hardware way, meaning that as soon as you click on one of those buttons, it automatically send the sound of the decks to the Send FX audio channel and then expects the sound from the USB Return FX one. So they cant be mapped to any action other than the "correct" ones.

So just out of curiosity, how do these effects sound in serato and how does it differ to vdj effects?

Posté Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 1:34 am
Has anyone figured out how to "seamless" change over with VDJ & the S9? Everytime I try it for some reason goes into "Instant Double" mode.

Posté Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 10:30 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You should use the selector on top of the mixer, man... i.e. from USB A to USB B.

Posté Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 6:06 pm
938MyDJ wrote :
You should use the selector on top of the mixer, man... i.e. from USB A to USB B.

Of course I've tried that. But then it would for some reason go into instant double mode. Can't figure out why.

Posté Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:10 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)