Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Sujet setting sampler_mode with VDJScript

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This (as elswhere was commented)...

<button action="sampler_mode 2 & sampler_pad 'Y:\EFFECTS\SOUND EFFECTS\tarzan.mp3'">

...wil not turn on the stutter mode (it's still the default on/off mode) on my computer, nor do I believe it's the right syntax. According to the VDJpedia it should be:

<button action="sampler_mode 'stutter' & sampler_pad 'Y:\EFFECTS\SOUND EFFECTS\tarzan.mp3'"> but this won't evoke the trigger mode either.

What am i doing wrong here?

Posté Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 1:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Quote :
sampler_mode 'stutter' on & sampler_pad 1

This seems to work for me. Note that without adding 'on' it would trigger stutter mode off on the next click.

Posté Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 1:33 pm
That did the trick alright! You're helping me out quite a bit, Adion! Thank you!

I must say that, since "on/off" is one of the modes, the entry for this in the VDJpedia is a bit confusing, using the on/off expression to indicate one of these words should be added to the verb...
;)

May I ask you two more related questions?

1. How can one specify in VDJScript if a sample is a loop that needs to be played looped and synced, or a oneshot drop? In other words: what are the verbs por "sync lock loop mode" and "drop mode"?

2. I've noticed that the buttons from my left deck "loop recorder" (a sampler that is assigned to slot 1) light up when I used my numberless code, so I'm trying to tie the whole action to another sampler slot (slot 3), but this (taken from examples in the VDJpedia):

<button action="holding ? sampler 3 stop : sampler_mode 3 'stutter' on & sampler_pad 3 'Y:\EFFECTS\SOUND EFFECTS\tarzan.mp3'">

or:

<button action="sampler_select 3 & holding ? sampler 3 stop : sampler_mode 3 'stutter' on & sampler_volume 3 100% & sampler_pad 3 'Y:\EFFECTS\SOUND EFFECTS\tarzan.mp3'">

... won't work. What would the correct syntax be?

Posté Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 1:53 pm
This VDJScript code...

<button action="sampler_select 3 & holding ? sampler stop : sampler_mode 'stutter' on & sampler_volume 100% & sampler_pad 'Y:\EFFECTS\SOUND EFFECTS\tarzan.mp3'">

...won't do anything either :(

Posté Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 3:47 pm
I kindas gave up on the sampler. Couldn't get the volume slider to work and the slot specified. In the end I'm back using a normal deck as sampler for drops (one-shot samples) and this code does it for me:

<button action="holding ? get loaded_song 'filename' & param_equal 'Tarzan.mp3' ? stop : nothing : play ? get loaded_song 'filename' & param_equal 'Tarzan.mp3' ? play_stutter : nothing : deck 4 load 'Y:\EFFECTS\SOUND EFFECTS\Tarzan.mp3' & deck 4 play_stutter">

Play and stutter when pushed, stop when pushed and held.
Hope this is of some use to someone...
:)

Posté Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 8:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The way the sampler is designed to be used is to create a sample bank and put the samples you want to use in there.
Then you can use the sampler scripts just using the sample number instead of the file name.
If you use the file name then the sample is loaded in a temporary slot if the sample is not available in the current bank.

Posté Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 10:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)