Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Quickly setting track rating?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've looked but couldn't find a way to quickly rate a song.

I made a macro to open the tag editor, and tab to it using arrows... but I also have to press 5 times to make sure the rating is at zero stars when I set it.
Overall, the macro takes like quite many keystrokes, and is visibly long to execute considering necessary delays.

Is there some way to do this in VDJscript? It would be really cool

:)

Posté Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 6:48 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
not currently, if there's a tagging problem i can't use script directly with, i use track colour, as this is scriptable, once i'm done marking i sort by colour and bulk edit the tags and then return the colour to neutral.

Posté Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 3:44 pm
Wow... very clever! Thanks :)

I'd really like to see expansion of DB tagging features by vDJ script.

Personally I like to use text to speech, independent field dialogs would be quite awesome.

MP3 tag editors... usually have scroll down lists for genre and etc. Numerical addressing or strings in a script would really make VDJ an all purpose media player, that I would find awesome.

I suppose you export the db, and convert color info into star ratings? Solid idea, I'll try python or something ;)

Cool thanks. Otherwise I haven't used dedicated tagging software in a while.

Posté Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 11:07 pm
You don't need to export the db. You can do it from within VirtualDj as you can mass tag tracks.
With simple steps:
1) Select multiple files
2) Right click on one file and select "Tag Editor"
3) Modify the tag field you want (in your case rating)
4) Press "Save"
5) Done!

Tag Editor will apply changes ONLY for the fields you have changed. So if you only change rating it will only apply the new rating to all selected tracks.
Loco uses the color as a visual aid on what tracks to select. ;)

Posté Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 4:53 am
Another option to save finding/selecting the coloured tracks would be to create a Filter Folder for each specific colour - easier to find which ones you need, edit the necessary rating and then change the colour back.

Posté Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 3:46 pm
Great ideas guys thanks!

Honestly, while this is a awesome workaround ( and I do insist on further possibilities with exporting the DB ) -- I hope VDJscript will allow direct DB access in the near future, seems like cake ;)

Posté Sun 21 Feb 16 @ 1:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)