Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Sujet Bug(?) in browser

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

albi76Home userMember since 2013
I see no option to attach a picture (print screen) so I'll try to explain a good as I can. I have a folder on my desktop where I keep the tracks that I use. When I start VDJ the browser is located in this folder (really convenient!) BUT taking a closer look in the browser's tree, I see that a folder named as my windows user name exists in the desktop and inside that folder is the folder I keep my tracks. Of course this happens only in the browser whereas on the desktop there is not extra folder created. I can still find my files, since I see the same structure of folders but it is really inconvenient to have such a long and deep path in the browser's tree.

Posté Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 9:27 pm
Just have your tracks in a folder on your hard drive. Point VDJ to that folder and let it scan the tracks.

IMO it's the fact you've got the folder on your desktop that's the issue. Just use your desktop for shortcuts, not to store files.

Posté Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 9:51 pm
I guess you never wondered where the files on "Desktop" actually get stored inside your hard drive, did you ? :)
"Desktop" is actually the "C:\Users\YourUsername\Desktop" folder on the HDD
Same rule goes for other Windows special folders like "Documents" , "Pictures" , "Music" e.t.c.
They are all subfolders of your Windows "Home" folder: "C"\Users\YourUsername" :)

Posté Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 3:31 am
All these are basic knowledge of computers. My problem (actually VDJ's problem) is: a folder that is located here: "C:\Users\kostas\Desktop\#selected_tracks" (where obviously "kostas" is my windows account name) in the VDJ browser's tree is located as "C:\Users\kostas\Desktop\kostas\Desktop\#selected_tracks" ...!!!
I hope u get the point now.

Posté Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 9:03 am
Aaah, now I see what you mean.
Your Home Folder shows inside "Desktop"

Posté Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 2:42 pm

Posté Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 5:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)