Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Transferring Cue point from VDJ to Serato - Page: 2
I'm just starting out with Serato Studio which claims it reads cue points from the DJ software (Serato DJ). Will it read cue point from VDJ? It would save a lot of time.

Thanks
Mont

Posté Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 12:09 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@montstime
klausmogensen wrote :
...That is really a question for the Serato people...

but I think the answer would be no.

Posté Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 3:13 am
montstime wrote :
I'm just starting out with Serato Studio which claims it reads cue points from the DJ software (Serato DJ). Will it read cue point from VDJ? It would save a lot of time.

Thanks
Mont

serato studio will not read vdj cuepoints because vdj stores the cuepoints on an xml file whereas serato dj stores the cue points on the file metadata itself.

Thats the same reason why serato dj wont load the vdj cuepoints. makes sense?

Posté Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 5:04 am
man i get the this is for serato stuff, I agree if your in serato trying to pull your songs from here thats a serato forms issue, but i found this looking for a way to make VDJ store cuepoints to the files so I can eventually redo my library without completely loosing all my cue points and custom tags that i am sure are also all stored in the xml database, and without having to use the vdj move options to accomplish it. If we had a plugin or a feature to enable storing data to the metatags section of a mp3 that would be awesome especially if we could check a setting to auto store that way, and have a batch store tags/cue option for updating existing libraries to this more portable format. This would also facilate sharing a song to a fellow dj and maintaining your cuepoints on it for them when you do

Posté Wed 06 Sep 23 @ 8:41 pm
Zombie_W33D wrote :
man i get the this is for serato stuff, I agree if your in serato trying to pull your songs from here thats a serato forms issue, but i found this looking for a way to make VDJ store cuepoints to the files so I can eventually redo my library without completely loosing all my cue points and custom tags that i am sure are also all stored in the xml database, and without having to use the vdj move options to accomplish it. If we had a plugin or a feature to enable storing data to the metatags section of a mp3 that would be awesome especially if we could check a setting to auto store that way, and have a batch store tags/cue option for updating existing libraries to this more portable format. This would also facilate sharing a song to a fellow dj and maintaining your cuepoints on it for them when you do

One of the problems is that there is no standard place to store it in mp3 files
Serato has simply selected an empty data area, and stored it there, without even documenting it, so people only know because of reverse engineering.
That also means that Serato may change it without any warning, because it's really their own none-standard invention

Regarding redoing your VDJ/track library, you should be able to do that without deleting your current VDJ database

Posté Thu 07 Sep 23 @ 8:07 am
Zombie_W33D wrote :

LexiconDj can do everything you need.....

Posté Thu 07 Sep 23 @ 5:53 pm