Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Some great advice - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hm..quote:"we aren't half as bright nor as resourceful as bigron."

LOL

Nice technical point Mr Jackson!

I'm good at doing things on a budget.
So if you can't afford an expensive laptop, projector or other piece of top of the range equipment then my comments may help.
It would be nice if money was not a problem in my life.

It's all about heart.
I don't believe I'm the first VDJ to use a shower curtain for rear rojection, yet I may be the first to mention the possibility, why?

A £4 Asda shower curtain doing a great job as a rear projection screen.

Posté Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 11:10 pm
Such is life.

Posté Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 12:12 am
In a short time I've looked at many options related to projection screens.
Also I have used professional grade front projection screens, plus spandex, and shower curtains for rear projection.
At this moment I have a professional grade rear projection screen on route from China.

Hotspots are a problem associated with spandex which is what you use.
A spandex screen is not very good for rear projection.

Anyway people can read what I've wrote, and decide if a shower curtain is suitable for their venue.

As long as I had enough to pay my bills I was not that interested in money.
I would naturally try a shower curtain, spandex, and then the more professional ways.
Yes.. I would waste some time, but I find such an approach interesting.

I'll doubt you have tried the different options so how can you offer a judgement?

Time is money?
Money is the root of all evil.

Posté Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 2:31 am
AMAHM it's interesting that you posted 2 days ago yet your post has only just become visible at my level.
Why is that?

Posté Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 3:19 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ron, why do you bother making a post and then wait about an hour and post again something you know that you could have easily made in your previous post. It's annoying and repetitive.

Posté Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 7:10 am
Tayla you recently made a thread about posts disappearing which had a reply from Adion, then it disappeared!
I still do not understand why AMAHM's last post appeared vey late given it's two days old, then disappeared, and then reappeared?

Just a couple of posts back I passed the comment "such is life".
What I tried to do was edit the spelling in the previous previous post, anyway that post locked, and a new post appeared copying that post into quotes. I replaced that with "such is life".

Since posting here is often like trying to hit a moving target I often have after thoughts.

LOL..and that's without posts being edited by a third party.

Posté Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 12:17 pm
The reason why AMAHM's post is appearing and disappearing is that it is dependent on my being logged into this forum.
I don't know why that should be?
I was slow realizing that was the problem.

As for Tayla's thread..I've no idea where that went.

This is AMAHM's disappearing post:

Doing things on a budget is one thing, wasting time is another. Have you ever heard of the saying "time is money"? The amount of time you spent on that shower curtain, and posting about, was a gross waste of time, and defeated your whole budget plan. Who above the third grade even thinks about putting a hot iron, on a shower curtain? I am not rich, and I am not always making money, but I think before I make a decision about my business.

I could have bought 2 screens with the time you wasted with that shower curtain, because time is money. While you were messing around trying to save a couple of dollars, I was getting another gig, so I can make more money, so I can afford to buy the stuff, that will make me more money. Pay close attention to this next revelation. No one on this forum is suggesting that you or anyone else, should buy the most expensive equipment. However, we have found out that if you buy $149.00 wireless mic, you will find out very quickly, that you are limited and will have to buy a more expensive mic anyway. So why not save your money to get the mic you want in the first place? Does any of this make sense to anyone here?

So the shower curtain is working for you, it's easy to put up, no wrinkles (get the iron out), and that is good for you. You are a smart man, and have some great Ideas, this was not one of them. I can tell you right now, that will not work in my market. I have a lot of non professional and professional competition and I like to stay with the professionals. When I want to waste my time, It's in front of a TV and I'm petting my dog.

We have asked you before, if you want to start a crusade to save the children, start a blog and everyone that wants to learn from you will have a place to go, and you can say whatever you want. You are constantly ignoring the rules about successive posting, and it has to stop. Why should we treat you any differently then we treat others?

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 12:48 am
Because AMAHM's comment is leveled up to professional, so you must be logged in with your professional level account to view. He is a courteous gent.

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 1:18 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
bigron1 wrote :
Tayla you recently made a thread about posts disappearing which had a reply from Adion, then it disappeared!
I still do not understand why AMAHM's last post appeared vey late given it's two days old, then disappeared, and then reappeared?

I'm afraid until you become a member of Harry Potters gang that will have to remain a secret, unless of course, you cross my palm with silver!

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 1:28 pm
Tayla, I know you guys fly under the same flag, but don't tell him the secret.

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 7:20 pm
I am Harry Potter.

Posté Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 9:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)