Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Updated NS7ii screen firmware

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So I updated my ns7ii dashboard screens firmware like an idiot. Did i just create a 300 dollar paperweight? I guess i could try to sell it to someone who uses Serato but it was pretty awesome with Vdj.

Posté Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 1:47 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
First, this topic should say NS7 iii screens. From what I am given to understand, the seperate Numark Dashboard never worked with VDJ. Which is something I wish was said to me before I asked about updating my NS7 iii screens that did work perfectly fine before I updated them as well.

At the moment, yes VDJ will not work with the latest Dashboard firmware. There is a whole thread on this topic already. I have not heard anything on the topic in about a month. All I know is that Atomix was buying a Numark Dashboard and they were going to work on it once VDJ 8.2 was stable. There was no timeline given, or promise of compatibility. They just said they would try to find a workabound. I guess Numark locked it down some more in this firmware. Which is a little something they forgot to mention in the firmware release notes..

I personally contacted Numark to see if I could obtain the old firmware and revert it back to the OEM firmware. All they said was "the dashboard is not supported for VDJ" and "there is no way to revert back to the factory firmware".

This was all about 1 month ago. You are welcome to call Numark and ask / complain. I think Numark needs a kick in the pants for locking our screens down further so it only works with the Suckrato. Especially for not warning us in the release notes! We payed good money and then had our equipent hijacked by those jerks (Numark).

Posté Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 12:52 pm
Does it really matter if i call them ns7ii addon screens or ns7iii screens, cause i kinda bought them to addon to a ns7ii... Either way the guys at VDJ usually find a way no matter how difficult the manufactures make it. I'm not upset if they cant, but they tend to go above and beyond when it comes to figuring out hardware. I was just curious if Numark went over the top this time.

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 2:05 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I explained what I knew. From what I have heard, the add on Numark Dashboard never worked with VDJ. I just gave you what I know, sorry I assumed you had an NS7 iii which did work with VDJ on OEM firmware.

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 1:16 pm
We are working on it, but no ETA can be given.

Posté Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:42 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)