Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark Mixtrack Platinum - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

http://djworx.com/numark-mixtrack-platinum/

They finally released a decent mixtrack. It's come a long way since the day of the original Pro edition. I like the screen concept in the middle of the jogs and the dedicated filter knob, but damn...this should have been released with VDJ and not Serato Intro. I'm sure it'll get mapped soon and you really can't beat that price of $299.

Posté Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 4:58 pm
Unfortunately I think it's a sign of the times. Virtual DJ is rarely shipped with dj controllers and we have to wait for the good guys at VDJ to provide mapping. Also, to make matters even worse, the hardware manufacturers now seem to be making it harder for the units to be fully mapped meaning some functions don't work. It will be interesting to see how this 'software battle' will pan out.

Posté Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 11:46 pm
toppadon wrote :
Also, to make matters even worse, the hardware manufacturers now seem to be making it harder for the units to be fully mapped meaning some functions don't work. It will be interesting to see how this 'software battle' will pan out.

You'll start to see that with Pioneer gear I bet. Over the months or years, I bet all new Pioneer gear will be 100% locked to strictly Rekordbox. That then will leave Numark, Denon, American Audio, Gemini, and others to fight over whether they allow their products to be opened up to all software or certain ones.

Posté Wed 03 Aug 16 @ 12:25 pm
I totally agree. You would think that the hardware manufacturers would want their equipment to be used by other software so they would sell more units.

Posté Wed 03 Aug 16 @ 3:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Guys, nothing stays locked in nowdays, its just a matter of time and efforts.
Take a look at the Supported Controllers Wiki page and you will see that almost all the new DDJ-R series are now supported.

As for the Platinum, we already know that there is no "lock" in this case, so support will come really soon ;)

Posté Wed 03 Aug 16 @ 10:17 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
"S" may have the monopoly for having its name on the controllers but software of choice is VDJ!

Posté Thu 04 Aug 16 @ 10:30 am

Posté Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 5:15 am
I don't have to buy their hardware if it does not work for me. It really is that simple for me. I'm very patient, and no matter how much I like the MC8000, if it does not work 100% with Virtual DJ, I will not buy it. That goes for every other controller out there.

Posté Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 3:20 am
turbo75PRO InfinityMember since 2014
The mixtrack platinum is working great with vdj.......very pleased.....

Posté Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 8:31 pm
yammy45PRO InfinityMember since 2016
Can anybody help me please. I have the Numark Mixtrack Platinum and have paid the licence for use with VDJ8 but, when I plug it in I get a medium pitch hum through the speakers and, if I load a track on a deck the hum pulses with the play/cue button. If i plug in my old Numark Mixtrack Pro3 in, it works fine, no hum. Plugging back in the Platinum one all I get is a humming noise. Also I'm not getting anything through the headphones so, can't cue any music on other decks. I did contact Newmark, they sent me out a brand new board and this does the same. Am I or, is VDJ8 got a wrong config with the software? I did email VDJ and they said to unplug the charger from the laptop........hmmmm, very helpful......not! So, I'm back to using the Pro3 board which works perfectly. Any constructive help out there I would much appreciate. Thank You in advance. Steve

Posté Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 2:04 pm
But does the humming noise goes away when the laptop runs only on battery ?

One other thing that you can try is to make sure the sound card of the Platinum is NOT the default Windows sound card and no enhancements are applied.

EDIT. I just tried with my Platinum here and you re right. As soon as any DJ software (VirtualDJ or Serato Intro) launches, there is a humming noise coming out of speakers. And found no way to get rid of that despite the tweaks i tried. I suppose the unit should have its own power supply with all those LEDs, screen displays etc. I am sure Numark wouldnt care much if this was only happening with VirtualDJ, but since its happening with the bundled software as well, i think you should keep emailing them and report whatever issue you are having. One thing is for sure, there is nothing wrong with the way VirtualDJ has mapped this unit.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 2:59 pm
yammy45PRO InfinityMember since 2016
DJ Dad, thanks for the reply, I'm glad it's not only me it's happened to. I will again email Numark with the findings and see what they come up with. Once I get a reply I will post it here.

EDIT. Just spoke to Newmark and they heard the hum but, asked me to download the specific version of Serato to try it and, NO HUM. But go back to VDJ8 and the hum is back again

Posté Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 3:31 pm
You mean Serato Intro ? Weird, i get the hum with that as well

EDIT. I just tried to strip down the mapping file (well, the definition) and found out that the more i get rid of LEDs, the more the humming noise gets reduced, and if i get rid all of them, the noise goes away completely. This leads me to the conclusion that its definitely a powering issue through USB.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 5:22 pm
I did another round of tests, since the humming is much lower with Serato Intro, and found out that the humming noise comes from the dimmed color VirtualDJ uses when LEDs are Off (which is something that Intro doesnt use). This is definitely a firmware bug, so i am about to email Numark and see what i can get from that.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 8:13 pm
Thanks for the info guys.. that just kept me from purchasing the Numark Platinum.. even though it want this one real bad.. I don't want to give up Virtual Dj 8 to do so..

Posté Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 6:13 pm
If Numark doesnt provide a fix, then we will just remove the dimmed off status for the LEDs, but pity such a nice feature - useful when working in dark environments - cant be properly used. Anyways, will keep you updated if anything good comes out of this.

Posté Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 8:30 pm
turbo75PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Can honestly say i have not got any issues with the mixtrack platinum, im also using vdj8.

Posté Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 8:42 pm
Hi, I have Virtual DJ Pro 8 v8.2 b3409 and when I plug in my numark mixtrack platinum, i do not get a popup message detecting it. Can someone provide me with the mapping file please?

Posté Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 7:48 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posté Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 1:52 am
btnormaPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Having the same difficulty with the mix track platinum and virtual dj 8 that you guys are having, so you are not alone. If there is no resolution, I will bring back my mix track platinum as well, because I do prefer virtual dj. Any assistance from our virtual dj staff on this?

Posté Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 9:44 pm
31%