Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ8.2 and Serato with DDJ SZ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Can anyone please help me? does anyone know if I am using the DDJ SZ as a controller is there problems switching back and forth between virtual DJ 8.2 and serato with the set up of the controller. All of the directions state I can use this controller with virtual DJ but since 8.2 I have encountered crashes Drop out to my music. I went from 8.2.3343 back down to 8.2.33 11 to try solving these problems but nothing has seems to work. We have been put in several request asking what the issue was here and how to solve it.

Now I know this controller was designed from Pioneer to work with serato but the box comes with virtual DJ and says I can use it with virtual DJ but yet technicians ar telling me if I'm using a Mac with this I need to buy a separate powered USB hub and I need to set my midi to serato. I guess my question is if I loaded serato DJ to my computer and started out with the pioneer DDJ SZ is there now conflicts they're keeping me from using this controller with virtual DJ. can please somebody help me understand what is going on here

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 4:28 am
I already gave you some answers on the other thread.

Now:

1) If Pioneer (that built the controller) says that it's better to use a separate USB hub on MAC, then you should follow their advise. They know better than any of us what's going on with the unit's circuit boards (even if I was able to use the unit with MAC OS successfully without an extra hub)
2) When they say to "set MIDI to Serato" they mean to set the unit via it's utility mode to Serato mode. Unless you changed this setting by your own, the "Serato" mode is the default and VirtualDj uses that mode to operate the unit. So, unless you changed this setting (or bought the unit used and therefore the previous owner may changed it) you should not bother about it. If you DID change this setting then please refer to the unit's manual to revert it back to Serato mode.
3) No, there's no problem switching back and forth between Serato and VirtualDj. I have done this several times, and I also played with another DJ using Serato by utilizing the dual USB ports of SZ without any issues (USB A = VirtualDj, USB B = Serato Dj)

Posté Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 7:56 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)