Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Mix Youtube videos directly in Vdj

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello everyone

someone has knowledge of how to use youtube videos directly from the net and mix in Vdj if a plugin or another trick

Posté Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 5:41 pm

Posté Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 6:26 pm
Download them from YouTube before playing them.

Posté Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 7:59 pm
That would be illegal.

There's a reason why YouTube videos don't have a download button.

Posté Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 8:06 pm
pero se puede descargar el boton descarga video para google eh , yo lo tengo

Posté Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 8:31 pm
Or join a legit video pool and buy your videos the legal way....

Take your pick...there's plenty of them out there...

www.smashvision.com
www.vjstreet.com
www.videotoolz20.com
www.vj-pro.net
www.thevideopool.com
www.mp4remix.com
www.clubdjvideos.com
www.crooklynclan.net/cart/videos.php

Posté Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 12:25 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Youtube videos aren't optimized for DJs; you have low audio bite rates, no intro/outro, video skits (talking, sound FX etc), and video encoding that can cause choppy playback.

Posté Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 1:35 pm
This company does not promote the use of YouTube videos. Yes, at a time they provided a way to do that, and we did so at our own risk. That was then, and we all have found that going that route was not sustainable, unreliable, and illegal. What you do is your own business, but we do not promote it here on the company forum.

Posté Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 6:54 am
Respect. “Under the Copyright Act, a work is fixed in a tangible medium of expression ‘when its embodiment in a copy or phonorecord, by or under the authority of the author, is sufficiently permanent or stable to permit it to be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated for a period of more than transitory duration. A work consisting of sounds, images, or both, that are being transmitted, is ‘fixed’ . . . if a fixation of the work is being made simultaneously with its transmission.'” – Cornell Law School

You can still get into legal troubles when uploading recorded sets to places that do not allow that kind of material. Sites that are allowed to hold DJ sets include Mixcloud and (maybe) Soundcloud."

Youtube, no.

Atomix needs a service like Soundcloud, that determines your tracks, give you a publishing cost for your country.

Otherwise this art form is dead for those who don't perform at venues that support music publishing. Its the only legal recording, sort of. Which, without copyright infringers, would destroy this softwares roots, and all those hours of learning, for those who are digital performers especially. All the equipment manufacturers, tshirts, needles, all of it would be nothing without downloaders and copyright infringement. I would argue Atomix has more potential discussing all aspects of 'Fair Use' this on this forum, if not just for research.

Sounds like instead of running a $50 a month pool, you could dominate by focusing on fixed licencing, or making agreements with music vendors like Soundcloud or Youtube again to expand. Your software is growing up.

Posté Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 5:23 pm
user20808937 wrote :
Sounds like instead of running a $50 a month pool, you could dominate by focusing on fixed licencing, or making agreements with music vendors like Soundcloud or Youtube again to expand. Your software is growing up.

Atomix doesn't run the pool - that's an external company

Anyway...

You really think a company the size of Atomix should try to take on the monumental tasks of getting a YouTube clone up and running AND negotiate licenses for using it for mixes of all music videos with all the record companies?

That would take the strength of a company like Apple (who got $1 downloads legalized) or Google (trying to do something with YouTube) to do that
And they don't even always succeed

A closer VDJ integration with Mixcloud? Sure by all means
Support it if Mixcloud creates a video mix platform and gets it legalized? Sure, why not

But creating a platform themselves?
I don't think that makes sense

Posté Tue 26 Nov 19 @ 10:12 am
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
One thing to keep in mind based on my personal experience. Most DJ Video Pools offer poor quality videos at a premium price. I'm talking about artifacts, low bitrates, blurriness, strange borders, and even cheesy colors and graphics.

Some of their videos look like someone ripped them off of YouTube and then syncronized the audio to it and you can totally tell it's not even close to 720p. I prefer 1080p high-quality videos and they should be straight from the record labels without any funny business.

Posté Tue 26 Nov 19 @ 4:28 pm
Xtendamix videos are generally good and they are great value. Not sure which pools you have used.

Its only very recently music videos have been produced in 1080p

Posté Tue 26 Nov 19 @ 4:58 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I agree about Xtendamix - quality is high. Remember that videos from even a few years ago are all at best standard definition (480i/p or 576i/p, depending if it's NTSC or PAL originally), and those are going to appear blocky at any size larger than a postage stamp.

Posté Tue 26 Nov 19 @ 10:17 pm
Another + for Xtendamix
I play almost everything on video now, and Xtendamix is the only one I use

Posté Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 1:46 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Here's an example of a video pool that charges $34.99 per month, but the video quality's subpar and they've added strange borders with pixelated graphics. I'm sure there are a few or more video pools that have quality videos, but most of the others aren't what I've expected.

My best advice is to sample and compare before you subscribe to a yearly service unless you're fine with DJ pools ripping/modifying videos. I'll still use poor looking videos for their audio because it sounded fine to me and I do realize it's a remix, but the top pools have better editors who can sync the remix to the original video.

Posté Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 12:50 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Thread locked as it can only be a magnet to "use this ripper" comments.

Posté Thu 17 Dec 20 @ 6:22 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)