Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet ContentUnlimited - official comment - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

That's the beauty of this, you have choices. Do what works for you.

Posté Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 7:08 pm
Now that CU is being offered from IDJPool should we Expect to be allowed to download the MP3 or are we still just receiving the Cache File to play ?

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 10:20 am
It's been via iDJPool for quite a while now. If you want the MP3s then you can sign up to the full iDJPool service on their web site for $50 per month.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 3:01 pm
ulfnirHome userMember since 2011
As a predominantly rock dj, this latest development has screwed me pretty badly. I have quite a lot of requests for "niche" songs, from obscure rock bands, which until the changes, I could access. sadly I've had to try and rely on youtube for the past few weeks to keep things rolling. Its making it pretty tough really.
Ah well.
Thanks for the legal update.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 5:27 pm
ArundellControlleristMember since 2014
locodog wrote :
and you're breaking the EULA by performing commercially under a controller licence.

I'm a pro subscriber. Have not been on a controllerist licence since I first evaluated VDJ as a trial. It appears the forum doesn't update status from that which applied when first posting.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 11:27 pm
ulfnir wrote :
As a predominantly rock dj, this latest development has screwed me pretty badly. I have quite a lot of requests for "niche" songs, from obscure rock bands, which until the changes, I could access. sadly I've had to try and rely on youtube for the past few weeks to keep things rolling. Its making it pretty tough really.
Ah well.
Thanks for the legal update.

How are you screwed? You are making money, using a home version of VDJ that's free (against their EULA). You are using music from YouTube, to make money (against their EULA).You are paying $10.00 a month for contentunlimited. Are you making more than $10.00 a month as a DJ? It seems like a win win situation to me, so how are you being screwed?

Posté Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 7:46 pm
Dear Atomix .com: I have decided not to renew my subscription anymore because you haven't been honest with the us the customer, let me know when you fix things maybe I'll come back.

Posté Mon 14 Nov 16 @ 6:14 am
klausmogensen wrote :
DjKrazyIan wrote :
So am i understanding they have been charging us for a service they knew was not working.

No... Content Unlimited has been working all along
Netsearch hasn't been working - but that was a free add-on, so you haven't been paying for that

Well with all the talk of lawyers and "issues" I find it ODD... and pretty miss-leading to find this STILL on the main site:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/What%20is%20ContentUnlimited.html

Q. What is ContentUnlimited/PremiumMembership?

ContentUnlimited (Formerly NetSearch) is an optional cloud-based subscription service introduced in VirtualDJ v7.4 that enables you to stream music, karaoke and/or video (Depending on your subscription plan) via the Internet from a large on-line library.

You can also cache this content to your computer's hard disk to allow you to play it off-line at a gig where you have no Internet access.

Subscription Plans

There are three monthly subscription plans available:

Audio Plan - Gives you access to thousands of high quality audio files.

Karaoke Plan - Gives you access to professional karaoke videos from MegaHits (Formerly ChartBusters.)

Video Plan - Gives you access to high-quality professional music videos from VJ-Pro. This service is currently only available to professional working DJ's living in the USA. Subscription video services will be available to users in other countries soon.

You can subscribe to more than one plan (E.g: Audio + Video, Audio + Karaoke, Karaoke + Video, Audio + Karaoke + Video, etc.) but each will incur its own separate monthly subscription fee. Because these plans are serviced by different providers, it's not currently possible to offer a discount for subscribing to multiple plans.

Before subscribing, please ensure that you have the required version of VirtualDJ for the content that you wish to access.

Bonus free content

In addition to the above, audio and/or video plan subscribers will also be given access to stream content at their own risk from various free on-line services via the NetSearch folder. This helps you fill requests for brand new songs that are not yet available via your subscription plan as well as requests for obscure songs. However, the quality and availability of this content may vary considerably. You should always pre-listen to this free content first to check its quality before playing it out live to your audience. Users with an audio plan subscription only are limited to streaming the audio part of free videos.

NOW With that out of the way the next argument is what is "Content Unlimited"

well when I bought in it was "ContentUnlimited (Formerly NetSearch)" even tho NetSearch was still included, so that brings the question of was NetSearch included or not? Simply Put it was. Now that it is it not, what I bought into has changed with out notice.

But besides that point... The main focus here is the name ContentUnlimited is misleading. The content is very much limited. All VDJ staff know this, but since it is one sided the lawyers have helped them to suggest the song with in the current catalog for you to search for. WELL DUHHHHH yes what they suggest is available. So it must be working and unlimited!

But I do agree the feature "ContentUnlimited" is in fact working. Even if it only has one song the feature is in fact working with no problem. This I am sure we can all agree. The complaint filed here is the service is LIMITED. And the current name is Misleading and suggest to potential users/buyers that the service is "Unlimited".

As a suggestion so you do not have to re-brand your service name we offer this suggestion:

"Q. What is ContentUnlimited/PremiumMembership?

ContentUnlimited (Formerly NetSearch)(Where NetSearch is NO Longer Available) is a LIMITED Non-Premium optional cloud-based subscription service introduced in VirtualDJ v7.4 that enables you to stream music, karaoke and/or video (Depending on your subscription plan) via the Internet from a LIMITED on-line library provided by Third Parties who have control of said content."

I think this description better describes the service as it currently is, might help others, and not be as misleading as the original is.

Sorry I know its Long winded, but as a DJ, My weekend is over and I have nothing to do until next Friday rolls around :)

Oh and Please Note: I'll keep paying my subscription fee. Not for the "Limited Non ContentUnlimted" feature but because I don't believe anyone should work for free and I support the Software and its developers and hope they can find a work around, or just in general make the software better for us working DJs to better do our jobs.

Thanks and Happy Gobble Gobble!! (Turkey lives matter, please consider eating rats! No Really Deep Fried Rats taste just like Turkey!)

Posté Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 5:40 am
MATT CPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If I decide to unsubscribe from content unlimited will lose all cache files that I have downloaded ?

Posté Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 11:08 pm
MATT CPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is there any other music streaming service that works and can be integrated with VDJ ?

Posté Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 11:32 pm
Yes and no.

Posté Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 11:45 pm
VORTEZZHome userMember since 2014
hi vortezz say to all WELCOME

Posté Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 12:35 am
MATT C wrote :
If I decide to unsubscribe from content unlimited will lose all cache files that I have downloaded ?

Yes. You are only renting the music, so in 30 days you won't be able to use them anymore

Posté Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 5:46 am
Thank you DjKrazyIan you make the best explanation of what is happening ,and yes I'm still pay my subscription music + video (9.99 + 49.99) in USA dollar for same reason lake you ,but we do not have what we PAY FOR......thank one more time. I would like to say the same to the technical support.

Posté Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 9:50 pm
Dumped it, terrible selection. Not happy.

Posté Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 10:12 pm
Does idjpool work with Virtual DJ 8.2? If Yes, once someone is signed up with them, is idjpool then listed in the menu on the left as a new music source?

Thanks for your help.

Posté Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 11:31 pm
iDJPool (the service they offer on their own web site) is not related to Content Unlimited.

If you subscribe to iDJPool, you are able to download and keep MP3 files. On the other hand, Content Unlimited (from Atomix) only allows you to stream or download rented music that's copy protected. The CU service is provided by iDJPool but it's not the same thing as their own service.

Posté Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 5:53 pm
I'm new to this, and I've subscribed to the audio plan, but when I click on netsearch on vdj, and type anything in nothing happens. I know there are problems, but something should happen, shouldn't it. Just wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong...

Posté Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 10:21 am
Lost total access to Unlimited Content now. Not working at all, both red results and blue results. Not happy.
Do I end subscription or is this just a blip?

Posté Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 12:59 pm
No access also. Had a subscription since it started. Contacted support but the answer they gave me was of no help. I believe at this time they are unaware of this problem.

Posté Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 2:00 pm
55%