Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet video and image slideshows - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you sure you are running build 3514?

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 12:30 pm
I am now. (I though VDJ updated itself automatically, if so configured?)

Only change is that now the image slideshow isn't starting anymore with the video slideshow button, but the video slideshow doesn't start either. The video slideshow button merely shows the last shown image from the image slide show (without changing to the next image)...

EDIT: that seems to have been temporarily. After rebooting the computer, now everything is as before again: the image slideshow will start with either button...

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 1:09 pm
The VIDEO switch is active for the slideshow? And you are sure the path is correct?

3514 is currently in early access, so will only auto-update if you have earlyAccess enabled.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 1:18 pm
I have early access updates enabled.

The path is correct: Z:\OVERLAYS\VIDEOS. It's the same path as the image slideshow, only the last folder changes.

To what VIDEO switch are you referring, Adion? If you mean the vdjscript action "video", then yes, that's active. If not, the image slideshow wouldn't be visible either...

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 1:43 pm
If you open the settings of the slideshow (where you would otherwise manually select the path) there's a button to enable/disable playback of video files.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 2:42 pm
You've nailed it again, Adion. That was it.
Since I do not use the default VDJ interface (never have, actually) and am not familiar with it, I was not aware of such a setting.
Thank you for clearing this up.

Two things remain, however:

1. It's not very convenient to have to start a video slideshow with the last used image of the previously used image slideshow. I understand that that's due to the interval setting, but is there no way to override this to start directly with the content of the new folder?

2. In the case of the video slideshow, the interval setting is causing the videos to not being played completely but being changed to the next one when the time interval is up. This is not a desired behavior for a video slideshow! Is there no way to specify a new interval that makes the videos be played in full?

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 3:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 3:53 pm
Thank you for the suggestion, Babis. The problem with TellyMedia (I have never gotten around to try it, by the way) it seems, is that it cannot be used the way I need it: make it (with vdjscript code, in other words: with the push of one custom button) randomly play the video content of a specified folder.

I believe I had a post about this last year, or maybe even two years ago...

Please remember that I am using a custom touch interface (skin) without the possibility of interacting with menus or popups...

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 4:02 pm
Deejay Corny wrote :
You've nailed it again, Adion. That was it.
Since I do not use the default VDJ interface (never have, actually) and am not familiar with it, I was not aware of such a setting.
Thank you for clearing this up.

How did you ever use the slideshow before this action then?

Quote :
2. In the case of the video slideshow, the interval setting is causing the videos to not being played completely but being changed to the next one when the time interval is up. This is not a desired behavior for a video slideshow! Is there no way to specify a new interval that makes the videos be played in full?

If the interval is set to maximum it will play the entire video.

You could add in your script to set the interval as well if you need a different value for image slideshows.

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 4:20 pm
With VDJ 7, I used the clipbank for videos and a slideshow plugin for images (can't remember its name). Since VDJ8, I have used a separate laptop to play videos or images non-stop from a certain folder with MPC-HC and IrfanView, connected to a separate beamer, projecting on a separate screen. It's a BIG workaround, I know... and I would really like to be able to do everything from within VDJ, like I used to with the former version. You can understand how much I appreciate your help...

Could you give me an example code for the interval setting in vdjscript to get me started?

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 4:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's just slider 1

effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 X

[not too sure why the slider is logarithmic]

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 6:08 pm
Thanks LocoDog! I hadn't expected it to be that simple, but now that I think about it, it's just another effect...
:)

How then would I express numerically the "full" value of the slider? "effect_slider 1 254"? Wouldn't "effect_slider 1 100%" or "effect_slider 1 full" be more logical?

And how would i define the 6 seconds interval for the image slideshow? "effect_slider 1 6000 ms" or would I have to aproximate in percentages?

And to activate the video would be "effect_button 3 1" or would it be "effect_button 3 on"?

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 6:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Deejay Corny wrote :
How then would I express numerically the "full" value of the slider? Wouldn't "effect_slider 1 100%" or "effect_slider 1 full" be more logical

1 or 100% will work, I think you can use something like 1024 too but have never tried
Deejay Corny wrote :

And how would i define the 6 seconds interval for the image slideshow? "effect_slider 1 6000 ms" or would I have to aproximate in percentages?

I don't think it is actually to a scale, trial and error for that one
Deejay Corny wrote :

And to activate the video would be "effect_button 3 1" or would it be "effect_button 3 on"?
l

1 or on , 0 or off work but what will happen there is the first on button 1 on the fx on slot 3 will toggle, the 2nd will turn button 3 on on the fx of the first slot

This is the full way to do a specific button to a specific state
effect_button ["fx name"] [slider] [1/0]
this will just toggle
effect_button ["fx name"] [slider]

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 7:48 pm
I never understood that "slot" business. Darn confusing. Slider number and value is all that is required. Why slots? I don't get it.

Anyway, I've been doing some trial and error, and the best I came up with was:

<button action="toggle '$IMAGESLIDESHOW' & var '$IMAGESLIDESHOW' ? deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 2 100% & deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 70% & deck master effect_button 'slideshow' 2 on & deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 'Z:\OVERLAYS\IMAGES\' & deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' on : deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 0% & deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' off">

This image slideshow button sets the interval to nine seconds, the playback to random and the folder to images... The last bit of code is to turn the interval slider to zero when turning off a slideshow to speed up (=make immediate) the start of the next slideshow that is selected (without having to wait the interval time)... BUT THAT'S NOT WORKING :(

...and:

<button action="toggle '$VIDEOSLIDESHOW' & var '$VIDEOSLIDESHOW' ? deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 2 0% & deck master effect_button 'slideshow' 3 on & deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 'Z:\OVERLAYS\VIDEOS\' & deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' on & deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 100% : deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 0% & deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' off">

This video slideshow button sets the fading time to zero, the interval to the maximum (for complete play of clips) and turns on the "video" option... but now i have to wait two images (of each 30 seconds interval) before the videos come up :(

If only the resetting of the interval (when turning off the slideshow) would work...

Posté Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 10:31 pm
I cannot find it anymore, but wasn't there a possibility in vdjscript to specify different actions of a button on press (down) and on release (up)?

That way I could set the interval to 0% at press, and activate the slideshow on release... Changing from one slideshow to another should be instantly this way, right?

This doesn't work:
<button action="toggle '$VIDEOSLIDESHOW' & var '$VIDEOSLIDESHOW' ? up ? deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 100% & deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 2 0% & deck master effect_button 'slideshow' 3 on & deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 'Z:\OVERLAYS\VIDEOS\' & deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' on : down ? deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 0% : nothing : deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 0% & deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' off">

I also tried holding, dblclick, and a LOT of different syntaxes... and I can't help feeling this is all getting very silly: shouldn't it be possible "out of the box" to play an image slideshow, and then play a video slideshow, without having to wait an interval to change from images to videos?

And since the plugins are now internal in the VDJ executable, one cannot (as one could in VDJ 7) simply duplicate the plugin, changing its name, and have one for images and one for videos...

Posté Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 8:47 am
So, I assume the up/down options were left out of VDJ 8.

Fact remains that I have a working image slideshow button (I'm only using the image slide shows at the moment), which is great, but I still do not have a usable video slideshow button... (without the silly transfer time from images to video due to the interval setting).

If anyone has any idea (I'm out of them) how to achieve this, I would appreciate very much if you would share it here!

Posté Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 1:15 pm
We had talked before but never followed up with it. TM has no start up time problem with Carousel. It does not matter if you are using videos or images or both. I tend to add things when there is participation but you could do it now with TM. Not quite as direct but you can browse to a folder up or down and achieve what you want. I am not pushing it though and just a mention.

I was planning on adding extensive control with custom commands but did not get much response to it.

Posté Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 10:03 pm
Hi Don!

Nice to hear from you again. yes, we talked about this before and my problem with TM was that it couldn't be controlled from VDJscript so as to start a picture or a video slideshow with one button... Has anything changed in that department? As you say, not many people asking for that, so I guess not. I understand completely that you cannot invest time in a free plugin for just one person. No problem. What I cannot understand is that I am - apparently - the only VDJ user that needs to be able to start a video slideshow with one single button. Are there so little deejays on touch screens? In other words: are there still deejays clicking their mouse on submenus during sessions? I find that hard to believe...

Anyway, thanks for your input!

Posté Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 10:59 am
You can have 2 folders setup, one for images and one for video...

Then using one button, you can do video_fx_button 18 to goto next folder... It wraps around so if on last folder it will goto first folder.

Also can use video_fx_button 17 to goto previous folder. Just goes in opposite direction.

They will toggle between the 2 folders if you have 2 or up to 5 if have you have those set..

Posté Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 9:47 pm
So... how would I write in VDJscript something like:

if in folder VIDEO then start slideshow, else goto next folder and start slideshow (this would be for the video slideshow button)

?

Posté Thu 17 Nov 16 @ 11:16 pm
58%