Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Coming: Denon SC5000 prime - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
way to read our cue points & loops......

It is a little annoying when Denon are saying it can load data from iTunes or Serato DJ - and that's your lot. Would've been nice to see Virtual DJ mentioned too, just for the street cred!

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 6:02 pm
groovindj wrote :
Mojaxx has done a video of his first impressions, and to me the file analysing on the unit looks a bit slow.

Might be because he loaded a bunch of tracks, but the one on screen took a while to come up with a BPM etc.

IMO it needs to be really fast for this feature to be useful. You know, if you have a track playing on another deck and you slap a new USB stick in there to load something, you don't want to be held up by the OS before you can play it.

Yeah I thought it was pretty slow also but I figured it's gotta be the key analysts. I mean after all you can find a BPM in about 20/30 seconds in your head.

Hopefully the released model will be faster.

Either way I'm super excited about this unit!! Really hoping Prime Engine is good.

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 8:47 pm
Am I alone in thinking Engine Prime looks remarkably similar to Rekordbox?

Posté Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 10:14 pm
groovindj wrote :
Am I alone in thinking Engine Prime looks remarkably similar to Rekordbox?

Yes it does look similar, then again I suppose they both operate in a similar fashion. Here's what I was thinking though. I wonder if Denon will make a 'performance' version of Engine like Pioneer has done with Rekordbox?

Posté Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 12:12 am
Yeah, but then people would really acuse Denon of copying Pioneer!

Posté Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 5:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
Mojaxx has done a video of his first impressions, and to me the file analysing on the unit looks a bit slow.

Might be because he loaded a bunch of tracks, but the one on screen took a while to come up with a BPM etc.

IMO it needs to be really fast for this feature to be useful. You know, if you have a track playing on another deck and you slap a new USB stick in there to load something, you don't want to be held up by the OS before you can play it.

Don't think anything is stopping you from hitting play before it's done with the analysis - it appears he does that in the video. But ya, I would hope the final version is a wee bit quicker...

Posté Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 9:22 am
Yeah, it's been confirmed on Facebook by Paul Dakeyne that the SC5000 can play files "within a second or two" while the analysis happens in the background.

It's also been said (by Gary Job @ Denon) that not all features of the SC5000 have been revealed yet.....

Posté Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 11:27 am
these are looking better and better

reminds me a lot of the rekordbox app

Posté Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 1:17 am
I dont see a need for this.

Posté Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 1:28 am
What? The SC5000, the library software, the thread?

Posté Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 1:28 am

Posté Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 4:23 pm
The prime engine and hardware is a threat to VDJ but doe's Atomix have a counter plan ?

Posté Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 1:19 am
At £3000 a pair it's not going to be a threat for most of us... and Denon have pissed about with Engine for years now and never got it right. Not holding my breath....

Posté Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 8:04 am
Most long term members of VDJ know how popular a program can become once bugs have been sorted.

Posté Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 1:26 pm
It doesn't even work as it is and the release of the "fixed" version keeps getting put back.

Nothing to see here.

Posté Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 1:27 pm
The flagship Denon sc5000 works fine. Also the 5.1 version .

Posté Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 1:32 pm
No, sorry. I don't see how a hardware player (an expensive one) and its librarian software are a threat to any DJ software.

Posté Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 10:22 pm
Not a threat to me, or the software that I use.

Posté Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 7:19 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Where in the world can I download Prime Engine from!?!?

Engine Prime will be available from today (Midday EST, 5pm BST).

Posté Mon 29 May 17 @ 11:49 am
Is Engine Prime an update for the original Engine 1.5 software?
Engine Prime is a completely separate version of the Engine software, not a subsequent version of the original Engine 1.5. Engine Prime will not be compatible with the MCX8000, so current users should hang on to the original Engine software for use with this product.

Outtake from here: http://denondj.com/kb

Well done, Denon. Wrong decision imo.

Posté Mon 29 May 17 @ 12:15 pm
59%