Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Automix add next

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Here's one for the dev's, or the scripting masters:-) you know I love you all!

would it be possible to add a selected track from the browser to the automix list as the next track to be played?

at the moment when I add a track it always goes to the bottom of the list, sometimes it would be really nice to add it as the next track that would be played, yes I know that I could drag it into place with the mouse .. but sometimes .ie with a touch screen that is pretty difficult.

So my wish is that this could be done with a keyboard shortcut or via a custom button or command or whatever ;-)

Best regards
Ray

Posté Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 10:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You can move files in lists [since 2017-02-25] with

browser_move 'top'
browser_move 'bottom'
browser_move +1 [down 1 place]
browser_move -1 [up 1 place]

and you can combine
browser_move 'top' & browser_move +1[moves file to second from top]

Posté Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 11:48 am
hey thanks loco, that works well within the side list & is more or less what the OP was looking for ... but;
can that be combined with add to automix from the main browser panel somehow, so that when I choose the selected track from the main browser
abra cadbra ... it jumps into the second pace in the automix playlist

or: linked to the already played marker it gets placed as the next unplayed song

OMG that would be epic

edit, I tried this but it didn't work
playlist_add & browser_move 'top' & browser_move +1

Posté Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 1:32 pm
then I tried
playlist_add & browser window 'automix' & browser_move 'top' & browser_move +1

:-(

Posté Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 3:11 pm
didn't work [1st time] as the focus wasn't 'automix'
didn't work [2nd] dunno may it moved a different track [focus wasn't at the bottom of the list]

playlist_add & browser_window 'automix' & browser_scroll 'bottom' & browser_move 'top' & browser_move +1

I can't see a way to query if a track has been played [current only queries song on deck not song in list]
so...
I'm imaging your wish is to have something like this [string param to say not played for what window]
not_played 'automix' ?
seems like a reasonable wish

if you could perform that query then something like this would do the trick

playlist_add & browser_window 'automix' & browser_scroll 'bottom' & browser_move 'top' & browser_move +1 & browser_scroll +1 & repeat_start_instant 'rsiListScroll' 200ms & repeat_start 'rsiScollWait' 100ms 1 & not_played 'automix' ? browser_scroll -1 & browser_move +1 & browser_scroll +1 : repeat_stop 'rsiListScroll'

or atomix could package that script up into as you said " playlist_add 'next' "

Posté Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 3:18 pm
OMG, It's like beta testing all over again, thank you for your help Loco

1. The first script seems to work pretty well, I'll keep testing.

2. General info for anybody reading this; this works only if you have the option Auto remove played enabled, and that is fine for me.

Posté Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:01 pm
Testing never ends, first comes a user wish, then testing what is technically possible now, then the wish is honed in to how it will be implemented, then it's upto atomix to weigh the wish against the practicality.

Hmm, thinking about it maybe it is possible to keep already played, if you compare file name on playing deck against browsed file name from list scroll position, I'll have a test in a bit.

Posté Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 5:10 pm
Wish granted!
EARLY ACCESS BUILD 3696 (2017-04-14)

-automix_add_next added

Posté Sun 16 Apr 17 @ 3:00 pm
Thankyou :-)

After testing quickly I've noticed one little bug;
If I use this command to add a compete album to the playlist, it adds it in reverse order ;-(

Posté Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 10:11 am
raypitman wrote :
Thankyou :-)

After testing quickly I've noticed one little bug;
If I use this command to add a compete album to the playlist, it adds it in reverse order ;-(

I think that maskes sense
If it runs trough the tracks and "adds them next", the final track will be the next track, because it's the last "add next"

Posté Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 12:56 pm
Sound reasoning...

Therefore a script that goes to the bottom of songs, adds next, browser scroll -1, add next, repeat start query browser scroll 'top' ? yes top add next, repeat stop : not top scroll -1, add next

Maybe with the new actions 'Automix Live' pads need tweaking,
If you've any ideas what can be dropped let me know.

Posté Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 1:17 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I just double click on the track or drag the song were it's need it

Posté Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 1:42 pm
@ Klaus, yes thank you, your logic does make sense, why didn't I think of that myself ?... headslap. lol.

@ Loco, I'll put my thinking cap on.

@ anyone else
here's a quick workaround if you want to add a complete album to the playlist in the right order ...
it's even one mouse click less ;-)
after selecting the album click just one time to sort by track, because this always inverts the order from last to first anyway, then hit Ctrl a and add them.
Hey Presto, easy peasy.

Posté Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 1:50 pm
This feature is included in the GUI in the latest Early Access release:
"Add right-click options Play Next, Add To Automix and Mix Now while automix is enabled"

Posté Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 5:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)