Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet New Rane 72!!! - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Another mixer that will definitely need a VDJ support.

Posté Sun 06 Aug 17 @ 9:52 am
God it's ugly - but probably great in use :-)

Most of the buttons are easy to guess, but I don't think anybody besides InMusic knows exactly what the screen does yet...

It really looks like a Pioneer S9mk2 prototype, before any of Pioneers design guys had a look at it
I wonder if Pioneer are angry about the rip-off design...

Posté Sun 06 Aug 17 @ 10:24 am
Well it's fixed a lot of things that Pioneer missed, such as independent fxs, cues and that stuff. Meaning both decks can be in different modes unlike the S9.

Nobody really knows what that screen does yet but since it says RANE the fan boys will all over it.

Personally I'm looking at the Reloop RMX-90 ;-p

Posté Sun 06 Aug 17 @ 5:07 pm
Looks like a 909, S9 and a 62 all had a 3-some and that was the spawn of it all.

Posté Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 11:58 am

Posté Thu 10 Aug 17 @ 5:59 am
And here's the whole setup

I will the mixer seems legit but the tables/controllers are a fail!!

Why in the world would I buy those over a set of real decks?? Hell my Reloops seem to offer more functionality these those!!

I am not sold......

Posté Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 4:47 pm
Did you not read the press release?

Even before I read it, I was about to say that using something like this eliminates the whole "stylus in a groove" scenario, with all its associated problems.

Feedback, jumping/skipping, warping, getting knocked, getting clogged with dust/dirt and so on. Many of us moved on from turntables for those very reasons, back when alternatives started appearing.

I'd much rather use this to control software than play timecode on a traditional turntable - and I started out on decks. Learned to mix on them, still have two pairs of Technics. Got all my vinyl. Never been into timecode though.

Using timecode just seems antiquated to me. It was a solution to a problem back in the day (when there were very few DJ controllers), but now I don't see the need when you have things like this available.

Posté Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 5:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
Did you not read the press release?

Even before I read it, I was about to say that using something like this eliminates the whole "stylus in a groove" scenario, with all its associated problems.

Feedback, jumping/skipping, warping, getting knocked, getting clogged with dust/dirt and so on. Many of us moved on from turntables for those very reasons, back when alternatives started appearing.

I'd much rather use this to control software than play timecode on a traditional turntable - and I started out on decks. Learned to mix on them, still have two pairs of Technics. Got all my vinyl. Never been into timecode though.

Using timecode just seems antiquated to me. It was a solution to a problem back in the day (when there were very few DJ controllers), but now I don't see the need when you have things like this available.

Funny I don't get any of those problems with my needles that you mention...... and in MY opinion, no controller has the feel or latency that timecodes have...... Even the NS7 doesn't feel that great to me. Plus it's a full 12", why not a 10" and then add more functionality that compares to my RP-8000's??

Posté Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 5:39 pm

Posté Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 5:44 pm
Bear in mind that it's been designed to accompany the new 72 mixer, and the mixer has all the jazz.

Posté Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 5:45 pm
And you've proven my point!! So if I don't have the mixer I'm shit outta luck your sayin. That's awesome!

10" with more functionality and they would have gotten my money.

Posté Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 5:48 pm
Those decks are not worth $800 I would buy used denon 3700 or 3900 first. Major Fail...what made them think they wouldnt die the same death as Numarks V7's

Posté Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 9:09 pm
Ok after watching this video

I am willing to give the 12's a serious try! As for the mixer, I do like it a lot so I'll probably sell everything and get this setup. Hopefully VDJ will work with it but if not I can always use SDJ and Mix Emergency ;-p

Posté Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 9:50 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
I am willing to give the 12's a serious try! As for the mixer, I do like it a lot so I'll probably sell everything and get this setup. Hopefully VDJ will work with it but if not I can always use SDJ and Mix Emergency ;-p

It looks like you are not alone. DJ Vekked (DMC World DJ Champion 2015) is ready for them too :)

Posté Thu 17 Aug 17 @ 7:50 am
Damn! 23 minutes and they never actually used the kit.

When I read Huey's post I thought it was gonna be a video of the decks in action. I guess that's yet to come.

Posté Thu 17 Aug 17 @ 6:33 pm
apedjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The software isn't ready for demo... but Gear It First will have more info of it and should be reviewing a unit hands on soon!

Posté Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 4:27 pm
The purpose of the new pioneer Decks without tone arms give the dj a piece of mind by not worrying about needle skipping.The main reason behind this started in the dj battles, red bull competitions. Alot of djs had trouble with the needles at battle and it was time consuming when it came to calibrating making sure the tone arm was set right. The DJ companys that really deserves the credit is Numark with their CDX and Stanton with the SCS 1.D

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 4:24 am
Caliente123 wrote :
new pioneer Decks without tone arms

Pioneer are making them too? The ones in this thread are by Rane.

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 6:36 am
I think that's what Caliente meant...

Anyway, I had the CDX before but they were not consistent.

The HDX were a success though!
I had a pair for two years before I switch to 1200s.

Imagine this set up without the need of the X1s, RCA cables, and a Soundcard....

We've come a long way on DJ gears!

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 6:46 am
OK after seeing people quote the statement " New""Decks without tonearms". And noticing this is one of inMusic's sell point. I just wanna ask, you do realize this is not the first product like this, right?

Posté Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 12:27 pm
69%