Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Help with connecting my NUMARK mixer to vdj

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

FocmiHome userMember since 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, and I want to ask for help with connecting my mixer.
note: I just want to get this done so that I can be able to practice at home with this setup im about to tell you.

I do music production and have never played music live, so I decided that it is about time I get involved into dj-ing.
I downloaded the virtual dj 8 software, and I want to set it up with my mixer. I have NUMARK dm1050 mixer, a Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 interface, and a pair of JBL LSR305 studio monitors (which are already connected through my 2i4 interface with JACK's on the back panel of the 2i4). So im left with 4 free RCA slots on the 2i4 (2 per channel)

Here is the problem:
I tried connecting 2 pairs of RCA cables, where I went from channel 1 from the mixer to the 1/2 RCA outputs on the 2i4, and channel 2 from mixer to 3/4 RCA outputs on 2i4.
So I load a track on track 1, press play. Sound gets through the speakers, but I see no action on my numark meter.
I'm missing something ?

Posté Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 8:32 pm
First you need to set up the 2i4 outputs in VDJ's sound config.

Set VDJ to 'external mixer' so that one VDJ deck feeds outputs 1+2 of the 2i4 and the other feeds outputs 3+4.

Your RCA cables from the 2i4 to the Numark are fine as they are (assuming they're connected to line ins, not phono/turntable).

Connect your speakers to the master output of the Numark - not the 2i4.

Posté Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 9:03 pm
Hey thanks for quick reply!

Okay so I connected the RCA's, and I wanted to check for response on mixer vu's when playing tracks from the decks. When I play track on right deck in VDJ, I get both L and R as well as CUE response in the VU meters on the mixer.
But when I play on deck one, for some reason, I don't see anything flashing on mixer, like there's no audio I guess. (nothing passes on vu meter) This rings a bell? Not sure why is that...

And yes, additionally, not sure if u checked for the inputs on my JBL monitors, but they don't have the RCA ones. Only TRS and XLR ones. Everything being said, do I need some kind of converters for this? Could It be a problem If I use converters for my monitors? They are active studio monitors... Have to ask, I'm new to these hardware connections :/.
Cheers!

Posté Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 9:33 pm
Did you do this part?

Quote :
Set VDJ to 'external mixer' so that one VDJ deck feeds outputs 1+2 of the 2i4 and the other feeds outputs 3+4.

Please post a screen grab (PrtScrn) of your VDJ audio settings.

Posté Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 4:25 pm

Posté Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 10:06 pm
see the warning message ... analog mixer license needed that's probably why it doesn't work :-)

you will only get 10 minutes test time with the software before u have to close and reopen it.

Posté Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 10:53 pm
What doesnt work?
I have vu signal coming on the mixer from the right deck, just didnt managed yet to set up the speakers to the mixer so i can hear the actual sound.

Posté Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 11:00 pm
Do you mean thats why the deck 1 is not working?

Posté Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 11:20 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)