Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Ad?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

:P

Whut? I recently upgraded from win7 to win10.... but this comes up now....

Anyway, I am going back to win7 when the 2 SSD system disks pops up in my mailbox (2x ssd raid 120GB) windows 10 is NOT for desktop workstations I see :P :p

Virtual DJ restarts each hour... no message or anything... just restarts of itself. probably win 10

Posté Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 6:53 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just login to the software and the ad should go away.

If VDJ is crashing periodically it probably is a OS problem.

Posté Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 7:05 am
I'm actually getting the same issue also. This started since I last used VDJ yesterday morning.

I can confirm that I am logged in though the software. Tried logging in and logging out, same issue still.

The only time it doesn't happen is when I leave the settings window open in the software.

As an example, if I leave VDJ open and walk away for a minute or two that "page cannot be found error" appears. If I do the same with the settings window up that window doesn't appear.

Posté Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 10:49 am
DJ Hickdaddy wrote :
I'm actually getting the same issue also. This started since I last used VDJ yesterday morning.

I can confirm that I am logged in though the software. Tried logging in and logging out, same issue still.

The only time it doesn't happen is when I leave the settings window open in the software.

As an example, if I leave VDJ open and walk away for a minute or two that "page cannot be found error" appears. If I do the same with the settings window up that window doesn't appear.

If you are logged in using the same credentials as on this page, you are logged in as a home user - ie using a free home edition license
In that case you are supposed to get ads

Posté Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 10:51 am
Thanks for the quick response!

I have no issue with ads as a trade off for using VDJ... its the nature of the beast. I'm a hobbyist at best.

Prior to this happening today, i've never had popups in the software.

However my issue is not being able to close that window. As a result makes the software unusable.

Any suggestions?

Posté Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 11:33 am
Hickdaddy wrote :
Thanks for the quick response!

I have no issue with ads as a trade off for using VDJ... its the nature of the beast. I'm a hobbyist at best.

Prior to this happening today, i've never had popups in the software.

However my issue is not being able to close that window. As a result makes the software unusable.

Any suggestions?

I don't think it's supposed to be pop-ups
I think it's just supposed to be something that sometimes slide into the lower right half of the screen
I've just logged out of my VDJ to see if I can get an ad that's a pop-up, but nothing has happened yet
Could you post a screenshot of when the ad makes the software unuseable?

Posté Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 11:38 am
I think we are on to something.....

I usually use the 3rd party skin by fruit (I downloaded it from this site). Its the V8 one. When this plugin is activated the ad window appears in the middle of the screen. Which renders it useless....

However when I switch back to the default skin the ad window appears in the lower right hand side. At this point I can press "X" and it disappears for a while. Then comes back.

I dont see an option to post a screenshot here in the reply window. However to help troubleshoot the url error i've posted a screenshot of the url as my avatar.

Looks like the URL that its looking for is a video on rainberry DOT com

Posté Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 12:03 pm
Hickdaddy wrote :
I think we are on to something.....

I usually use the 3rd party skin by fruit (I downloaded it from this site). Its the V8 one. When this plugin is activated the ad window appears in the middle of the screen. Which renders it useless....

However when I switch back to the default skin the ad window appears in the lower right hand side. At this point I can press "X" and it disappears for a while. Then comes back.

I dont see an option to post a screenshot here in the reply window. However to help troubleshoot the url error i've posted a screenshot of the url as my avatar.

Looks like the URL that its looking for is a video on rainberry DOT com

For images you can in the future use the image upload feature below the text input field

And you are probably right.
The Fruit skin probably isn't designed for including ads, so it does a pop-up
You could mention that here, so that the skin designer can fix that:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/194483/addons/V8_but_by_FRUiT.html?page=1
Until he does, you probably have to stick with the default skin to avoid the problem

Regarding the URL not finding the ad it want to show you, and instead showing you nothing - that doesn't really bother me.
I just want to make sure the software is still useable when ads are shown (working or not working ads), because I'm pretty sure that's how it was intended by Atomix
But of course the people running the ads may find broken ad links to be a problem :)

Posté Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 12:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)