Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet More "Show Only" families

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello,

The "SHOW ONLY" function of the Browser is really handy. It allows you to choose what you want to display or find in the browser as media.
Currently, "Show only" allows you to choose from 3 media families:
- "Show Music"
- "Show Video"
- "Karaoke show"
It's great because when, for example, we do a DJ night, we do not need to see the karaoke or video and so, just uncheck these families.

Can we add new families? Customizable or not according to the users.
It would be great to be able to do it.

In my case, I already think of 3 families that it would be useful for me to be able to display or hide;
- "Show Black List" (so, I could put the blacklist of a client before a party and by unchecking it, I would be sure not to play these titles)
- "Movie Show" (because in video, I'd like to have separate families for video clips and movies I have on my hard drive)
- "Show Sketch" (for the needs of certain events, I have audio sketches and even video, but I do not need to find them during DJ nights).

I hope it will be possible

Posté Fri 27 Oct 17 @ 6:00 pm
Up

Posté Tue 20 Mar 18 @ 12:30 pm
OK, enough with posting "Up" on all your posts...

What you request here is very specific to you and the way you work. It's not generic enough to be added to VDJ, as most users wouldn't need it.

Besides, you can do that with tags and filter folders already.

Posté Tue 20 Mar 18 @ 12:37 pm
PRESTIGE SONORISATION is on to something.

Categorizing music is a huge part of a DJ database.
Identifying music with profanity is a small part of it.
Some songs are suitable for weddings. some bachelors, some are safe for kids, some are oldies, some are top 100 dance songs, etc.

the ability to categorize music then show/hide such categories is a huge step forward for the vdj database.

i vote +1 on show/hide categorized music.

Posté Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 11:06 pm
groovindj wrote :

you can do that with tags and filter folders already.

Posté Sat 31 Mar 18 @ 8:15 am
I colour my tracks in the browser red if it's not suitable for a wedding i.e. with profanity, explicit lyrics, etc. for DO NOT PLAY

The current BBC UK chart last week I counted 10 top 40 chart tunes coloured in red that I can't use, and that's besides the 6 I found clean versions of. Music is in a sorry state atm.

Using colour in the browser for various types of music/video works for me. And of course you could use a filter folder on the colour to show or not show a particular colour.

I have my own colouring system; red = explicit, purple = rap/hiphop/R&B, brown = Drum & Bass, green = general chart fodder, blue = good dance.

Last weeks BBC Dance Chart.

Posté Sat 31 Mar 18 @ 8:32 am
This is exactly what filter folders are for

Posté Sat 31 Mar 18 @ 9:33 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)