Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet Multiple video output windows

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Can any of the video skins allow more than 1 video output window?

Posté Sat 25 Nov 17 @ 6:26 am
Virtualdj by design only supports one video out.

You could however combine multiple monitors using your operating system settings. This will give you the same thing on all screens.

Here's a list of what i know (in bullet points)

1. An idea i once had was to make a skin that could span across multiple monitors then you could have individual deck elements shown on different screens.. Imagine a system with 3 touch screens with a deck per monitor and another with browser and send to deck buttons.. I'm pretty sure this has been done already, you would have to scour the skins section

2. You could connect a few tablet devices with the remote app on each tab then using the skin creator, put deck elements on each. Though the remote app does not support video preview.

3. Another suggestion once made was to modify the keystone plugin. SBDJ had an example plugin that was based on the keystone plugin where the deck outputs could be moved around the screen thus letting you have 4 decks on master video out. As far i can see though Scott hasn't published such plugin, it was only mentioned on the keystone discussion topic.

4. Also, you could look into the telemedia plugins. I'm pretty sure that 'could' support more than one monitor but I've not tried this with TM

Posté Sun 26 Nov 17 @ 10:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Partyman wrote :
Can any of the video skins allow more than 1 video output window?

How many additional video outputs are you interested in ?

For 1 more Video Output, you could add a floating window to your favorite skin.
Here are the steps..
1. Extract your zip skin file at a folder.
2. Create a black rectangle png at about 1000x400 pixels (with some simple Graphics app) and save it at the same folder you extracted the original skin as videowindow.png
3. Open the XML skin file with a Text Editor
4. Add the following code, just 1 line before the end (</skin>) line, so the end of the xml will look like this
<window name="videowindow" posx="100" posy="100" width="1000" height="400" image="videowindow.png" shown="false" >
<grabzone>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
<size width="1000" height="400"/>
</grabzone>
<video source="master" >
<size width="1000" height="400"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
</video>
</window>

</skin>

5. Zip together all the files in the folder and place the zip file back to /skins folder.
6. When you open VDJ, assign a button (keyboard/custom button etc) as show_window 'videowindow' to open/close the window. Move the window to the desired monitor, and resize it to fill the entire monitor. Next time you open VDJ, it will remember the position.

Posté Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 1:15 pm
My guess is that he wants the extra outputs because he wants to play different videos on each.

Posté Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 6:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use an extra deck for that and change the custom window to show that deck instead of master deck.

Posté Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 6:22 pm
I am shooting to 2 different projectors needing 2 different resolutions

Posté Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 5:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you need both of these projectors to show the same thing (VirtualDJ Video Output),then the solution i posted above will work fine.

Posté Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 7:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)