Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Disable Controllers / Midi - Leaving access for other apps.
Hi.

VD8 will grab any controller available (USB/Midi) by default and will not let other apps to use it, regardless if VDJ8 is using it or not. This of course is not good, as other apps might also need access to controller when used along the VDJ8.

I've been searching for a setting to disable MIDI or similar, but can not find anything like it. Maybe i missed something.

Thank you
Br,
Dali

Posté Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 11:05 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
From VirtualDJ Settings-->Controllers list, select the connected MIDI controller you wish VirtualDJ not to use, and from the right side Mapping list, select the "ignore" option.

Posté Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 1:02 pm
Perfect!!! Thank you!!!

Br,
Dali

Posté Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 5:52 pm
Soren01PRO InfinityMember since 2018
I cant disable controller

Pioneer mep 7000

I have tired to set ignore but vdj keep connecting

I want to use the controller with traktor, Which also is installed

Posté Sat 31 Mar 18 @ 7:20 pm
Soren01 wrote :
I cant disable controller

Pioneer mep 7000

I have tired to set ignore but vdj keep connecting

I want to use the controller with traktor, Which also is installed

It's not vdj that connects to the unit - that is your operating system which is also needed for traktor use.

The ignore feature described above is for running vdj at the same time as another software - like a light dmx software - without vdj being triggered by controller actions. If you don't turn on vdj at all, because you are using another dj software, then you don't need the ignore feature

Posté Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 4:39 am
The OS establishes a link to a device with general control but does not use it otherwise. A program can access and make use of the device. Some devices allow just one program access to the device, while other devices can allow more than one access. If Soren is saying he wants to run VDJ and Traktor at the same time for whatever reason then according to djdad's instructions VDJ should not be trying to access the controller if set to ignore...

Posté Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 5:19 am
Which is why i think he may believe that vdj handles the connection

Posté Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 6:32 am
Soren01PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Ny problem is that vdj still is connected to the controller even in ignore

Vdj write on the screen of my controller and react on Button pressure

Posté Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 9:58 am
Soren01 wrote :
Ny problem is that vdj still is connected to the controller even in ignore

Vdj write on the screen of my controller and react on Button pressure

Then you should report it. Maybe shoot a video of it
Controller Screen handling is not so commonly used in a VDJ yet (only a few controllers have them), so you may have stumbled upon a bug

Posté Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 10:30 am
I believe this has been fixed in Build 4204 (just released as Public Build)

Posté Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 6:04 pm
djdad wrote :
From VirtualDJ Settings-->Controllers list, select the connected MIDI controller you wish VirtualDJ not to use, and from the right side Mapping list, select the "ignore" option.

how to re-enable it ?

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 12:05 pm
Simply select a Mapping (default or Custom) from the same drop you selected Ignore.

Posté Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 12:18 pm