Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet iOS remote app crashing when multitasking
I don't use the app personally but one of my friends asked me to report this.

Using the ipad 2018 running latest iOS 11.4. If you start the app up it works fine, but if you swap to another app then go back to remote it crashes out. I have tested this too and can confirm.

The remote app is long overdue for an overhaul anyway, the browser part of it is terrible.

Posté Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 9:34 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I can concur this has been happening for me on a variety of iPhones for quite some time now. There are really a handful of useful things I'd like to do with the app:

- Manage automix
- Load songs/videos onto decks
- Allow basic mixing (start other deck, move faders)

While the spinning platters and ability to scratch seems cool, really the practicality of this is very low.

Posté Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 1:34 pm
Yes, for me the biggest thing is not being able to reorganise the automix list by column or change what is displayed.

Using VNC I get the whole VDJ interface anyway and I'm happy, but the app does need an update with more functionality as it's not been touched in years.

Posté Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 1:38 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Perhaps next time I'll use VNC to manage automix. I just find the VNC client to be clunky on the phone (obviously).

Posté Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 3:12 pm
Any fix for this being worked on?

Posté Mon 16 Jul 18 @ 10:51 am
Why is everyone completely ignoring this?

Is Scott still part of the company as he developed this originally?

Posté Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 9:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
At this time we can't do a quick update of the remote app, but it is not being ignored.

Posté Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 10:26 am
Ok, thanks.

Does seem like the app has been abandoned though.

Could be so much better with a bit of thought.

Posté Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 11:07 am
Any updates on the remote apps?

The interfaces are completely dated and don't support recently added functionality.

Needs a complete rewrite.

Posté Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 6:46 pm
No response again?

Posté Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 6:33 pm
You'll see it when it's ready

Posté Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 5:35 am
Aww you're such a tease.... :)

Seriously it's the only thing letting VDJ down at the moment

Posté Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 4:48 pm
Hey Adion,

Any updates since March on this?

Thank you.

Posté Tue 02 Jun 20 @ 5:22 pm
Some other work got priority in recent months, so nothing new to share yet.

Posté Tue 02 Jun 20 @ 6:03 pm
Thanks for your honesty Adion.

I always feel Atomix spend time on "flash in the pan" features for VDJ where things that people want and are used a lot get ignored. Maybe it's just me ......

Posté Tue 02 Jun 20 @ 6:54 pm
Any updates on the remote app?

Been using it again today and the interface looks like Android 4 or something like that. The swipe for library is really unintuitive as well.I thought it was getting rewritten and redesigned.

I thought there might have been something in this latest update after waiting so long but no luck.

Posté Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 5:16 pm
I am using the app now for a couple of months and recently it's constantly locking up. It starts fine but then just crashes. Actually it just locks up. Any ideas?

Posté Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 2:32 pm