Forum: General Discussion

About VirtualDJ and DJing in general

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Sujet VirtualDJ 2018 Windows 64-bit beta - Page: 3
I don't think it's OK, that you can't use the 64 bit as Windows 7 user.
You will be forced to install another system.
to the installer. That's not quite true. The program goes on Windows 7 to install, it only comes the error "DirectX...... "
DirectX 11.1 ist allready on My Windows 7 installed........
It is also not difficult for programmers to support older systems as well.
Sorry, but I don't understand why.
Any software I own, from music production software to video, or DJ Software, also supports the older systems.
Also 64 bit programs.
I don't see one that I buy for 300Eur a program, and then it can no longer use, or is forced to install an operating system which I do not want to use.
Sorry.
Virtual DJ is always the best program in my opinion.
But this one can not understand from my side.
Nice Day Dani

Posté Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 12:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'm not sure I understand.
You don't have to update your OS if you don't want to, in that case you can still use the 32-bit version of VirtualDJ, and it will still be updated as well.

Posté Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 2:04 pm
I think if I was going to require Win10 I would probably use DX12. I don't know enough yet about the differences but DX12 seems to be getting the hype. What is your current reason for not going with DX12... just so I can get some insight on that.

I still need to support XP and up which is not within my control but not difficult. In the case of XP I use DX9. When DX9EX is available (vista and up) I use that when I can. So just dynamic decision. I am adding support for DX11 and variants, and probably will add OpenGL at same time. All determined at run time. It is not like I need everything for each version and can encapsulate specialized support for each. with not too much code. Everyone wants to keep things simple as possible but also need to deal with the real world, client base, and moving targets.

You can do a platform update for Win7 that gives you things available for 8 with partial support for DX11.1 but don't think I would like to advise a user to do that so something can run. Just use what's available.

Posté Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 2:15 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don,

You can imagine the rewrite in DX11 was not done in one day and started a long time ago. The question of DX12 implementation has been discussed of course during the development and some decisions have been taken in the past to reach the expected goal.

I'm even surprised you didn't see it before in the plugin SDK (video header, enum EVdjVideoEngine) available on this website and asked questions.

Posté Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 5:24 am
Hey Charles,

Yeah I know how things go and I imagine your thoughts evolved over time. Maybe the decision to use DX11 came before the decision to be Win10 only and then you moved on to DX11.1. I was just curious and maybe there was something earth shaking about DX12 that would be useful for me to know. I don't have a lot of time to do much forward research on such things and some things are just done on an as needed basis since I am doing this alone.

I started on DX11 a few weeks ago. In a test app, I have implemented the basic things I need to do. Device and swap chain creation, coordinate mapping, texture handling, shaders, general drawing, and resizing. I ran into some things that DX11.1 handles better so will see about that later. It is not so much these things that get into the way but some other nuances that can be a problem like sync and several other things. I am creating the data structures and methods that will allow this to fold into the DX9 implementation. When I mentioned to others that I will be adding support for DX11, they assumed I would be replacing DX9 with DX11 and got bent out of shape. I told them calm down :) and it will all be seamless and not to worry and I am not removing support for DX9 or DX9EX.

In general, I don't ask questions about things until I know enough to ask an appropriate question.

Posté Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 11:40 am
fyi windows 8.1 64 had same issue.

Posté Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 8:46 pm
hi Guys
I've discovered a mistake
When switching off the broadcast (PC to PC)
Crashes the program
but starts again immediately.

Posté Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 8:23 am
Ok so I have downloaded the 64 bit version tonight and been playing around with it, looks good. However, on the skin (default) half the time it loses the preview of the video, its just blank. It is still outputting fine to TV's but I cant see on the skin the video. I have to restart the program to get it back?

Posté Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 7:22 pm
Sun.2 clock in the night .....
Error occurs after about 4 hours of game time in the switch off broadcast (PC to PC) again.
History was not saved either.
From the switch off until it is back it takes only a few seconds.
I also have to reassign FX buttons or pads manually.
Everything gone.
So the mistake is re-producible .... but only after a certain period.

Sorry History is ok.
Everything else is still like that.
3 o'clock in the morning in Germany

Sorry Googel translator

Posté 7 days ago @ 12:30 am
Download of all addons about settings still not possible !!!

Posté 7 hours ago
Page : [<<] [<]