Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Videos Not Saving to Tracks?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HutsyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi Guys,

First time video user, as I wanted to explore this some more.

VDJ Build 8.3 b4675

I've successfully added videos by right-clicking the track in the browser, going to video editor and attaching a video. I click save and it saves the VDJedit in the cache folder.

Sometimes it sticks and plays via the video previews and pop out window and other times it doesn't. Also, it doesn't remember the video being attached when I close VDJ.

I can't seem to find the other "version" of the track via the browser. I thought I may have to use that but can't find it.

I'm clearly missing something and probably being stupid, but any ideas?

Cheers!

John

Posté Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 6:58 pm

Posté Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 7:01 pm
I mean to attach a particular video to a particular track.

The idea being that I'd have the music video of each song (I'm not sure I followed how adding them to search DB would work. I tried looking, and that video folder is "empty" according to VDJ despite there being MP4 files in there).

If I've managed to somehow show the videos to the tracks - HUGE lag when mixing so not sure what's up there.

Intel i5 3ghz
8 gb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6670

Kinda an old PC but I'm still surprised if that's the case.

Posté Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 7:14 pm
Just in case this makes a difference, this is for adding to Content Unlimited tracks rather than external music files.

Posté Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 8:39 pm
You do realise that Content Unlimited tracks don't belong to you? They're rented, so you can't just do what you want to them.

Posté Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 9:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
You do realise that Content Unlimited tracks don't belong to you? They're rented, so you can't just do what you want to them.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.
You are allowed to use them within VirtualDJ as long as you have an active subscription, so that doesn't really have much to do with the issue...

To find back the video edits that you created, make sure to check the path you are saving them to, you should be able to find them back there.

It's also possible to automate the linking of the video to the audio track btw, by loading the audio track in the deck, and then dropping the video track you want to add on the video previews of that deck.
That way the created edit will be matched even if the video is not identical to the audio (slightly different length etc...)

Posté Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 10:14 pm
I had simply assumed that as they were (are) protected files, modifying them would not be possible. Happy to be proved wrong :-)

Posté Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 6:11 pm
vdjedits (video editor/track cleaner) just reference the original file, so the file itself is not modified, and used as the edit is being loaded to reconstruct the edit.

Posté Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 6:17 pm
Yeah was only ever for use via Virtual DJ. I have a current subscription.

Still VERY strange. If I try the route of dragging the video onto the deck, the files don't even show in the browser view (other mp4 videos do).

Also changed the save path to the cache location so it "saves" in the correct place but that doesn't seem to work, and as I say - on the random occasions it does work, the lag on VDJ when doing a simple transition is crazy whereby it becomes unusable.

Struggling to think of anything else or any other info I can provide for diagnosis but I'm happy to answer further questions!

Appreciate the help!

Posté Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 2:25 pm
So to be clear, the audio track is a CU Audio (iDJPool) track, and the video you are trying to attach is a mp4 file stored locally on your computer?
Is the CU Audio track online, or did you download it to cache first?

Posté Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 2:27 pm
Yeah all downloaded from cache so not streamed.

The video files are separate and for the purpose of this test / experiment are downloaded from YouTube and saved as MP4. These versions can't be seen in the browser of VDJ.

I'll definitely continue to play but won't count on being able to do this for my office Christmas party.

Posté Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 12:03 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)