Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Setting a completely different tracks to cues

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJRAWATLPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
Is there anyway possible to set complete tracks to any of the 8 cue buttons on the fly, on the same playing deck? For example, I have a track playing on deck 1, but I want to immediately jump from the vocal version playing to deck 1 to the acapella version on one of the cue pads, at the same time start the next song on deck 2 by just hitting both at the same time. Is that possible?

Posté Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 1:53 am
Yes, you can do 2 things at once by simply mapping them with a "&" between them

So:
deck 1 hot_cue 2 & deck 2 hot_cue 1
will at the same time trigger hot cue2 on deck 1 and hotcue 1 on deck 2

You can also do more complex jumping. Like the examples shown in this video:

Posté Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 8:05 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Yes, you can do 2 things at once by simply mapping them with a "&" between them

So:
deck 1 hot_cue 2 & deck 2 hot_cue 1
will at the same time trigger hot cue2 on deck 1 and hotcue 1 on deck 2

You can also do more complex jumping. Like the examples shown in this video:

That seems a little more complex than I'm wanting to do. I'm wanting to jump between different versions of a song on the same deck by putting different tracks on different cues of the same deck that's playing, at any random point, without having to used the pad editor.

Posté Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 10:48 pm
A deck only holds one audio file at the time. You can map loading and playing a track as one button click, but there may be a loading delay. And it will be visually confusing
So the simplest way is probably using more decks. That is kind if what they are there for
Another option is to go old school and use an audio editing software like audacity to combine several tracks into one file, maybe with gaps of silence in between. Then VDJ will see and load the resulting file as one track, and then you can jump between songs using hot cues. This is often how DJs doing routines prepare, so that they don't need to change tracks every few seconds

Posté Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 11:36 pm
Ok. I get you. I was hoping there was a simple way like back when we used the dual CD decks (like the Numark CDN series) where you could put different tracks on different cues. I would mix an acapella with a beat loop of the previous song, but I will have the vocal version of that song already cued to the same spot in the acapella (such as the hook, and immediately hit the vocal version in the same place as the acapella. Made for a neat mixing trick.

Posté Sun 23 Dec 18 @ 2:46 am
Yes i heard of that- that was the inspiration for the video
That had cues for the disc instead of the tracks. A very simply feature for them to make - actually simpler than real cues, because it didn't need to think about where tracks were placed on the disc. Just overall positions markers
So in my video I explained how to do the same on 4 tracks loaded on the decks, using a single pad page. Once setup you should be able to load and start a track, select the new pad page, load 3 more tracks, and then jump between them using the pads on your controller (or mouse or keyboard)
I'm sure it could be improved further- including having a button that loads a batch (4) tracks and start the first one on hot cue 1, select the pad page, and thereby in a few milliseconds, makes everything ready and running for a 4 track jump routine

Posté Sun 23 Dec 18 @ 7:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)