Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Virtual Folders Not Being Updated Automatically

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Scenario: i organize my files into virtual folders,upon research etc.,i realize i have the wrong tagging etc.i correct the tags and rename the file inside virtual dj(not windows).
Problem: on vdj startup...i always right click my root music library and select add to library to make sure i have no errors of missing files,it looks like the virtual folders contents are not automatically updated..as they show the original tags and name before i corrected them..and it appears as missing.
Observations: using the relocate file option solves my problem..well sort of..i have partitioned my hard drive with dual boot(ps i am aware of placing the db file and 'folders' folder in the root of the other drive),when i do the same procedure on the other side of dual boot system(right click>add to db),i still get the error of the original wrong named song and it is showed as missing,and the relocate file option may fix but upon restart of vdj..it reappears.
The only real solution i have found is to remove the file from the virtual folder that shows the missing file error,and then re add it with the renamed new file.
PS i know the virtual folder doesnt work like a filter folder...but is this a bug or this is just how the virtual folder works?

Posté Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 3:42 pm
What version are you running?

This was added in 2017:
Quote :
When renaming or moving files, virtual folders in root, and playlists in playlist folder are automatically updated as well

I notice it says "in root" above. Are your folders inside another folder?

Posté Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 5:40 pm
Yes...they are spread out all over...say my main root folder is called 'music' ...a virtual folder for example is nested in music/alternative/hott

Posté Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 7:26 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I also notice this, not only with virtual folders but with everything since some updates VDJ2018 i think... real folders, covers, filters..., are not updating automatically all the time, have to force by going out then reenter to get the updated version. look like a delayed refresh is failing

Posté Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 8:29 pm
Well once u start editing stuff outside vdj...u may get errors...but i have edited using vdj tag editor...so i wanted to knw wat was goin on

Posté Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 8:50 pm
That is it, block move, covers, tags modification, rename... from within tag editor not always appear in browser - and sometimes in tag editor itself i.e. cover, album ... - as they used to

Posté Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 9:38 pm
Any feedback??

Posté Sat 30 Mar 19 @ 9:23 pm
Seeing a few newer builds being released with nothing about fixes...

Posté Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 11:17 pm
@ groovindj
i can confirm that only folders not in the root are not updated and hence show file errors.
Root Virtual folders work fine and are updated.....
But this really needs a fix

Posté Fri 10 May 19 @ 12:10 am
This still has not been fixed in v2020

Posté Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 4:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There isn't really a way for VirtualDJ to know where virtual folders are as they might be anywhere.

That said, even if the path is wrong, as long as the filename and filesize didn't change and the file just moved, VirtualDJ should find it back automatically on opening the virtual folder.
Did you only move the file, or also rename it?

Posté Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 4:57 pm
I tried again just now some operations that were previously failing without the issue this time.

Now:
Moving only ,VDJ status message says "moving", gives the notification and after that it says "renaming..." for a very long time
only after that virtual subfolders are ok even in strange location

It seems this was either fixed or the background task "renaming..." was taking too long time to refresh everything or was failing - timed out ?
I didn't try to do the same with a file with no tags and "setTagsAuto" enabled, this may change size though

not related note: "status messages" are not translated

Posté Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 4:12 am
@Adion...yes the problems arise when a file is renamed or moved...as it was indicated in my other topic...part of the bug was corrected...as virtual folders nested in the root directory where automatically adjusted when files were moved/renamed internally using vdj,but the problem persist in virtual folders that are in subfolders(in favorite folders etc)....this makes the task of correctly renaming songs etc very difficult...because once a file u are trying to correct is in a virtual folder(not nested in the root)...you have to recall which virtual folder you placed the song in(because you cannot use "browser_gotofolder" command; that opens the physical target path,not the virtual folder),remove it manually...make the corrections to the file,then re add the song to the virtual folder...which is time consuming..so really hope this is sorted out soon.

Posté Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 8:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)