Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet DDJ SB3 problems on mac

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, I recently bought a Pioneer DDJ-SB3 controller, and have been trying it out for the last few days.
I discovered that it works perfectly fine in both 2 deck and 4 deck modes with with VDJ on my Windows 10 machine.
On my Macbook however, it works fine for 2 deck mode on my macbook abut i am unable to use it in 4 deck mode.
The deck layer buttons dont work, and even if i change the left deck or rightdeck manually, the transport/cue/pitch etc dont apply to that deck.
If i map every button with
device_side left? deck left *function* : deck right *function*
(where *function* can be play, pause, pitch, gain, filter etc)
then it works fine. But it seems like a gigantic task to do it for every single dial and button (and the 8 pads working in 8 different pad modes) especially when it works so smoothly on my Win10 machine.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks,
AV

Posté Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 12:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It has been reported again, but wasnt able to reproduce here. After hours of troubleshooting and pulling out my hair, i found out something that really never seen before.
If the sound card of DDJ-SB3 is selected in Audio Setup (DDJ-SB3 Audio Out Chans 1,2 and Chans 3,4), everything works as expected. As soon as i switch to any other sound card, the Deck Layer buttons do not switch left/right decks.
Can you confirm ? (you may have to restart VIrtualDJ after switching sound cards)

BTW, the DDJ-SB3 button in Audio Setup was not auto-creating the Audio setup (fixed for next update), so you will have to manually select the DDJ-SB3 Audio Out.

Posté Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 5:46 pm
@djdad : You're the MAN !!!
It works! The DDJ-SB3 button in the audio setup seems to work fine for me, btw (VDJ 8.3 b5003).
When selected the 4 decks work just fine. And the moment I select another sound card, poof !

For the life of me, I can't even begin to imagine how you might have discovered this, and how many painful hours it took.
Thank you so much! You've just saved me from returning what otherwise I think is a fantastic controller!

Posté Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 8:03 pm
So on your Windows machine you were using the SB3 audio interface, but on the Mac you weren't?

Posté Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 8:20 pm
@groovinjd : I've just found out that as long as the VDJ starts with SB3 as the selected sound card, everything is fine. I can switch the master or the headphone to the computer's internal soundcard, and it still works, with the other channel being the SB3. But when I select both headphone and master as internal soundcard and hit Apply, the deck 3/4 button lights go out about 5 seconds later, and the SB3 stops working for 4-deck mode. This happens irrespective of whether I manually select the two sound channels or simple hit the Internal Soundcard button, or whether master is channel 1&2 and headphone 3&4 or vice-versa.

All the described behaviour above is uniform across the Mac and Windows. Hope this helps.

Posté Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 6:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that VirtualDJ is not limited to using only one device for sound output.
So you can first select the SB3, but instead of replacing it with your internal, just add a new line to the audio config and configure it as a second master with your internal selected.
That way you don't have to switch over every time you start VirtualDJ.

Posté Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 7:40 am
@Adion : I don't actually have a requirement for multiple master outs. I was just trying various things on my new SB3 controller, trying to figure out why it wont run in 4-deck mode with VDJ under specific conditions. :)

Having said that, while VDJ supports multiple master outs, are they really usable? Different sound-cards, especially external and internal, would usually have different latencies, so the sound coming out of both the sound-cards would be out of sync. Or does VDJ have a way around this problem?
(Apologies if the conversation is going on a tangent off-topic to this thread)

Posté Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 10:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I meant that if you are at home and want to use your internal sound card for output, you could still have your sb3 in the sound settings as well to make sure the controller works (even with no speakers actually connected to it)

Actually using master output on different audio devices may indeed not be accurate enough in terms of latency to use in the same room, but could be useful if one of the devices outputs is used for a nearby room / outside area for example.

Posté Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 10:19 am
Fantastic ideas, both!!

Posté Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 8:14 pm
Hello-

So I'm combing through pages and most are archived or older issues, however I am experiencing what I'm seeing mostly on the DDJ-SB3.

Issue:
My " MasterCue" comes on but I can not hear any volume in my headphones in order to listen on the main track playing. If I turn "OFF" MasterCue" and press a deck number 1 or 2, I can then hear what's playing. But I have to do this rather than enable " Master" so I can get a 50% volume level.

Am I missing a setting of some sort? Is there something in the Audio setting I need to change?
My Audio setup is set to the DDJ with both Master and headphones showing as: " DDJ-SB3 Audio Out: Chn 1&2/ Chn 3&4

I've restarted VirtualDJ and the same issue.
I'm running MacOS.

So far all other functions are working on the controller. The Manual shows this function should work as its listed as number 4 & 5 but its not.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 2:37 pm
I have issues trying to Podcast out of VDJ with the SB3. Wondering if this could be part of my issue? Apparently, the default settings at Initial Setup are not correct!

Posté Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 3:00 pm
user22436434 wrote :
I have issues

Your post certainly does. Please enlighten everyone - what are the issues?

Posté Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 3:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)