Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Time based effects acts way to fast

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

xCirrexPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi

Whenever i use an effect like "backspin" "break start" where it says how long the effect will last, in reality it acts way faster. On 4 seconds its not even one second long.

Other effects like reverb also sound like they act to fast.

Anyone had this issue and know a solution?

I thought it could be related to my launchpad mapping that I made, but with it unplugged the issue is still there.

Thanks in advance!

Posté Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 12:14 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I just tested both 32bit & 64bit
also tested with pitch changes,
Sorry No issue here

Posté Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 12:54 am
xCirrexPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I have narrowed down the issue to what sound output i use. 192Khz is messing with the timed effects and 48khz is fine. For anyone else having this issue, and maybe someone knows a way to have 192khz working properly?

xCirrex

Posté Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 11:24 pm
xCirrex wrote :
I have narrowed down the issue to what sound output i use. 192Khz is messing with the timed effects and 48khz is fine. For anyone else having this issue, and maybe someone knows a way to have 192khz working properly?

Just out of curiosity, why do you run your system at 192 kHz?

Most plugins will assume a rate of either 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, and justifiably so with use of VDJ and other audio applications since all commercial releases are at 44.1 kHz (some stock audio may target video production and are found also as 48 kHz - and there is iTune store...). You can find professional high-end plugins able to handle frequencies > 48kHz such as FabFilters et. al., but for basic plugins they will simply act up assuming the data rate is for max. 44.1 or 48 kHz audio.

Unless the plugin author add support for 192 kHz you're kind of stuck.

If you don't have source audio running high risk of aliasing (which you normally solve using a low-pass filter) I can't see why you need your system running at 192 kHz (optimal max frequency for human ear (new born) is ~20 kHz, in Nyquist theorem therefor max 40 kHz... as DJs we are probably happy we can hear anything at all, but maybe that's just me... :) ).

Posté Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 6:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posté Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 7:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)