Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet pioneer ddj 800 will not let you use the headphone jack outside of rekordbox.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
as the title says. yes i can get the controller working actually better in vdj in many ways. but its a but *ucked up. that i cannot, since it has an asio sound card. use the controllers headphone jack to listen to music, watch vids, or basically do anything else.

luckily for now, i had an old focusrite usb external usb card to plug in. and use it just for headphone listening. but this is ridic. never had a controller where i couldnt listen to music otherwise.

and with rb you can even scratch with the jogwheel. vdj you can. sometimes i feel like getting old school and just getting a denin dn6000mk2. my first controller. simple. no drama, and works with everything.

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 9:49 am
hh73 wrote :
as the title says. yes i can get the controller working actually better in vdj in many ways. but its a but *ucked up. that i cannot, since it has an asio sound card. use the controllers headphone jack to listen to music, watch vids, or basically do anything else.

luckily for now, i had an old focusrite usb external usb card to plug in. and use it just for headphone listening. but this is ridic. never had a controller where i couldnt listen to music otherwise.

and with rb you cant even scratch with the jogwheel. vdj you can. sometimes i feel like getting old school and just getting a denon dn6000mk2. my first controller. simple. no drama, and works with everything.

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 9:50 am
Windows use WASAPI drivers to access the soundcard of DDJ-800
The soundcard of DDJ-800 offers four channels. By default windows use only channels 1+2 which are attached at MASTER channel.
In order to use the headphones port with Windows you need to either set the soundcard in 4 speakers mode (quadraphonic) under Windows sound panel, or configure your apps to use channels 3&4 (which is not always easy)

This does not apply only on DDJ-800
Pretty much ANY controller that uses "Master+Headphones" sound setup falls into the same case.

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 10:01 am
ok if windows is using wasabi. then why is the pio driver asio. when using my fave mp3 player (aimp) i cant choose asio, wasabi, directsound, etc. but to be honest. i have owned recently the xdj rx2. had no issue, the ddj rr i still have no issue. actually i cant think of any controller besides this and the ddj 1000 i had this issue one. i mean using my focus rite card for headphones is no big issue.

but im not doubting what you are saying either. never had a numark, denon, or NI controller so this. other issues each one has. but funny how and some people were mentioning esp with the 2020vdj coming out. that people are not getting "vdj just works with everything" :)

should have kept the xdj rx2. but no dvs for that. will prob use my NI Z2. or get a second hand denon 6000. (for dvs)

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 10:13 am
i did try setting the channels to 3 and 4. and no dice last night. did not think about the quadraphonic thing at all. will try. i am using windows insider preview slow lane. but the wasabi drivers have been a bit buggy. but wasabi is what i have vlc,, aimp and foobar set too. so i can watch music from the web. and also play back regular music with getting entangled in asio

thanks for the info. still a bit annoying. lol

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 10:17 am
hh73 wrote :
ok if windows is using wasabi. then why is the pio driver asio. when using my fave mp3 player (aimp) i cant choose asio, wasabi, directsound, etc. but to be honest. i have owned recently the xdj rx2. had no issue, the ddj rr i still have no issue. actually i cant think of any controller besides this and the ddj 1000 i had this issue one. i mean using my focus rite card for headphones is no big issue.

but im not doubting what you are saying either. never had a numark, denon, or NI controller do this. other issues each one has. but funny how people were mentioning esp with the 2020vdj coming out. that people are now getting "vdj just works with everything" :)

should have kept the xdj rx2. but no dvs for that. will prob use my NI Z2. or get a second hand denon 6000. (for dvs)

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 10:18 am
It's not a Pioneer issue, nor a Windows issue.

WASAPI VS ASIO are just different ways to access and play music on the device.

By default Windows will send stereo sound on channels 1+2
On units like DDJ-800 that's the "MASTER" channel. Headphones are always channels 3+4

On units like DDJ-SZ, DJM-900NXS e.t.c. (that use external mixer setup and not master+headphones) sound channels 1+2 are routed on the physical CH1 input of the mixer (and thus you can hear them in your headphones as if it was an anlog audio source connected on the back of the unit)
Even in this case it doesn't matter if you use WASAPI or ASIO (or even if you use MAC VS Windows)

It's just different design of the soundcard circuit.

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 10:23 am
windows sound panel. isnt offering so far a way to set the pioneer driver to quad. and its locked (greyed out) at 2 channel. grrr

but i know exactly what you mean and have seen it before. unlike the pio drivers for lets say the xdk rx2. where you can route channels and inputs. the driver for this is just veryy basic. no way to route anything just to adjust latency

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 10:24 am
yeah. because i have used many pio controllers. the soundcard is just made this way. and the rb forums. people were posting the same issue. only solution was to use your motherboard or an external soundcard for headphone playback.

NOW if i turn the master volume up. i can hear youtube or foobar fine.

you just have no control of the headphone are. and the cue button outside of rb or vdj doesnt do anything....

well at least the effects sound pretty decent on vdj now with it. i really dislike rb. and its no biggie i need an external soundcard. but a bit janky they limited that

btw i know the difference between all the sound protocols. i use ableton, etc to fool around. i have a mac and a pc.

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 10:31 am
btw thanks for the help

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 10:40 am
It's not limted (as you describe it). That's the way it's designed to work. It's a DJ controller. They expect people to use it for DJing, not for listening to YouTube etc.

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 4:40 pm
no other controller has done this. and while i understand your point. many people are using this at home for podcasts, or whatnot. "pros" would not use a small controller at gigs. i can understand small parties. but my workdesk has limited space. this was an upgrade from the ddj rr i have. and that did not block the headphones. it more about forcing ppl to use RB.

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 5:02 pm
and btw i can use it you yt, regular music, other music apps. with the master volume turned up. i just dont see the point in making the headphone jack only work inside a dj app.

but whatever. luckily i have a good usb soundcard to switch to headphones if its at night. (this is when i go through my tunes mostly and dont want to wake up the rest of the house)

Posté Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 5:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)