Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet pioneer DDJ sx and sz and sz2 ASIO problems
I am a Dj at Universal Studios and work in all of the clubs at City Walk . The booths all come standard with the new pioneer DDJ series controllers . I have two laptops that I bring with me in case of Emergencies. I am having the same problems on both computers. When connecting the controller the map settings work fine but it can not find the ASIO audio .It shows as an error in the audio settings of virtual dj . This might help a lot of people out there. I have found a quick fix to this. While virtual dj is running go into the audio settings to pick your controller . Select your controller and hit apply . It will then show errors. If you then disconnect you usb and then reinsert it quickly the audio wil kick in and work fine from that moment on, If you then close virtual dj and then open the program you will have to do the same thing again. Any idea how not to have to rig this thing every time I use it. I have a HP Omen laptop ($4000) and an Alienware m17 brand new ($4500) . Serato runs fine with no issues at all. I hate Serato.

Posté Sat 01 Feb 20 @ 1:03 am
I recently bought a brand new top of the line Alienware M17 laptop 32 gigs of memory/ 1 tb ssd drive / Nvidea 2070 RTX . I am a dj at Universal Studios City Walk on the main stage . The last three nights in the middle of my sets Virtual DJ will freeze up for 3 seconds and then continue. I shouldn't say freeze because the waveform looks like it is caught in a one beat loop but no audio plays . Then after five seconds or less it kicks back on and works fine for a little while . Ive tried everything to make it happen on purpose but can not. I can not figure this out. I HAVE NEVER BEWEN BOOED IN MY ENTIRE 25 year career ! Please help me fix this. I am using serato now with no problems but hate serato . I need to get this working again . ANY IDEAS?

Posté Sat 01 Feb 20 @ 1:09 am
acast97Home userMember since 2015
I've been having the same issue with vdj freezing for 5 or 6 seconds without any audio and then it just kicks back in. It does that every 10-20 minutes and it's really annoying to put it very gently. I have a brand new dell laptop with all the neccessary configurations to run vdj and then some. I have done a ton of research and still can't seem to resolve this major problem. I am using a pioneer ddj-sz2. Is there a fix for this yet??????????

Posté Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 10:52 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posté Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 12:42 am
I've done all of this. There is something the computer is doing every 30 minutes that make ASIO drop for 5 seconds. I've timed it by a stopwatch. Thought it might be the USB power saver but that didn't work. Now I'm just sitting there playing music and trying things and waiting 30 minutes . Any idea ? We have to show enough people have this issue in order for Virtual Dj to spend money to put it in the next update .

Posté Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 4:17 pm
Ran LatencyMon today. at 30 minutes every bar went to max. But the audio did freeze but rather it went to really bad quality for 3 sec.

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 5:10 pm

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 5:12 pm
WDF01000.sys is a generic drivers encapsulation module.
You should try to disable your peripheral devices one by one until you find out which one causes it.
Start by odd devices like fingerprint scanner, e.t.c and then proceed to more common devices like wi-fi and power management

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 9:14 pm
eabart19PRO SubscriberMember since 2022
I have tried it all with my Dell G7 (LatencyMon, ThrottleStop, disabling the DSAPI process, etc.) and I have been able to prevent the 30 minute silence for a few hours but there is still a split-second stutter and every so often after a few hours, the silence happens again. One post I've seen online says the problem has to do with the CPU cooling routine in the Dell BIOS but I've never experienced the stutter/silence problem when I've played VDJ on my laptop without the controller. Also, as was confirmed earlier in this thread, this problem never occurs with Serato. So if this is a localized problem having to do with ASIO drivers and VDJ running on Dell computers with Pioneer controllers, who are we supposed to get the solution from? Is it the software or the controller drivers that need to be updated?

Posté Wed 17 Feb 21 @ 1:09 pm
acast97 wrote :
I've been having the same issue with vdj freezing for 5 or 6 seconds without any audio and then it just kicks back in. It does that every 10-20 minutes and it's really annoying to put it very gently. I have a brand new dell laptop with all the neccessary configurations to run vdj and then some. I have done a ton of research and still can't seem to resolve this major problem. I am using a pioneer ddj-sz2. Is there a fix for this yet??????????

I too am having this same issue. I am a club dj in Austin, Tx and it is not only annoying but make you look bad as a Dj when you have a room go silent. It does not happen on serrato but I am not a fan of serrato. Is there a fix for this problem? I am using hp laptop with DDJ-SZ

Posté Sat 05 Feb 22 @ 3:43 pm
If your laptop is a DELL, start by removing (uninstalling completely) "Dell Support Assist" application as it's known to have a tremendous negative effect on DPC latency.

Posté Sat 05 Feb 22 @ 4:45 pm