Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Addons

Sujet Detune
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Discussion about Detune

A little bit keyloop, a little bit shrink loop. This will call a loop and whatever the start loop size it will change the key and loop size every time the initial loop size is passed.
Dial 3 lets you pick if the fx calls a loop on start or waits [WAIT] for you to manually call a loop.
The "loop off" button lets you choose if turning the fx off also turns the loop off.
Can be used as a subtle mixing tool or as a "let's get weird" kind of thing.

x64 only.
x86 users, we'll have to some agreement.
Mac users who can xcode, give me a message, I'll share the sauce code.

Posté Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 1:50 pm
This is a fun effect!

I've made a quick video about how I've been playing with using it

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 12:23 am
Thanks for the video, one I've found quite nice is with more techno ish tracks mix out

with in coming track established

first I have this 'band pass' filter on the custom slider that I apply to the out going track
param_multiply 0.66 & effect_slider "filter hp" 1 & nothing & param_invert & effect_slider 'filter lp' 1 & param_equal 0.34 ? repeat_start 'rsiBPreset' 50ms 33 & effect_slider "filter hp" 1 -2% & effect_slider "filter lp" 1 -1% : param_equal 1 ? repeat_start 'rsiBPreset' 50ms 33 & effect_slider "filter lp" 1 -3.33% : effect_active 'filter hp' 1 & effect_active 'filter lp'1

I put my out going track into a short percussive loop

I then call detune on & off with these settings

effect_active 'detune' & effect_slider 'detune' 1 35% & effect_slider 'detune' 2 50% effect_slider 'detune' 3 0% & effect_button 'detune' 1 0

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 5:06 am
I've got the x86 version available for a couple of euro/quid/bucks

just drop your email with a tiny donation to the beer fund here
http://www.virtualdj.com/ask/VDJScriptGuruEuro

if the whip round hits 60 quid I'll release free to everyone

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 5:15 am
Hi, any possibility to have Mac version? Thank you, Tomas.

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 2:55 pm
Been speaking with a pal of mine in Germany, I think he's ported it over to xcode but I don't know if it's working yet.
I'll let you know when I know.

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 3:16 pm
locodog wrote :
I've got the x86 version available for a couple of euro/quid/bucks

just drop your email with a tiny donation to the beer fund here
http://www.virtualdj.com/ask/VDJScriptGuruEuro

if the whip round hits 60 quid I'll release free to everyone

How it works ?
Im interest for x86 , but don,t understand this

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 3:39 pm
just drop a few euros and your list your vdj user name or your email and I'll send you a link for the download

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 3:51 pm
Yes I see this , but how I spent Euros ?

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 5:14 pm
paypal

Posté Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 5:39 pm
Mac version in testing phase, just waiting for TSI to give the thumbs up.
If you're on mac and have thrown in to the beer fund before, give me a message.

Posté Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 10:14 am
user Kristof St, came up with a way of using detune that I haven't thought about, so points to him :)
it also pointed me towards a minor bug with the start value not over riding an active loop.
in a future update I'll address the slip wish [already done that for the few users that TITBF] and I'll address the minor bug

Kristof St wrote :
Now, when I am in an active (saved) LOOP and I use the Detune effect, my active LOOP goes out of LOOP on the first push (since Detune is also using LOOP to create the effect).
Is it doable to keep the active LOOP (for example 8 bar LOOP) active when using the Detune effect? And deactivate SLIP when Detune is used in an active (saved) LOOP?
So what it should do is:
8 bar LOOP is active, Detune 1/2 key down while button is pushed + SLIP = OFF. Button let go = originally 8 bar LOOP is active again.
And when no LOOP is active, Detune 1/2 key down while button pushed + SLIP = ON

He's the "fix/wish granted" for now,

set 'originLoop' `get_active_loop` & effect select 'detune' & effect_slider 1 0% & effect_slider 2 50% & effect_slider 3 65% & var 'originLoop' 0 ? effect_button 'detune' 1 1 & effect 'detune' active while_pressed & slip while_pressed : effect_button 'detune' 1 0 & down ? loop 0.5 & effect 'detune' active on : effect 'detune' active off & get_var 'originLoop' & param_cast & loop

Posté Fri 01 May 20 @ 5:52 pm
All credits to you, mate!
Very nice extension in VDJ.
Will try you're suggested fix and keep you posted!

Greetz from Belgium ;-)

Posté Fri 01 May 20 @ 7:13 pm
Thanks, if you would make a 30 second video of how you use detune, give other users an idea

Posté Fri 01 May 20 @ 8:02 pm
Works like a charm, Locodog!
Thx for the help.
Will look into the demo video and post it here when ready.

Posté Fri 01 May 20 @ 9:00 pm
Demo how Detune can be used, also in an active LOOP.
I have SLIP mode always standard off.
When no LOOP is active, SLIP mode is on, only during the use of the Detune effect.
When a (saved or manual set) LOOP is active, Detune stays in the LOOP and SLIP is off.
You can activate Detune as long as you want (in my case, as long as the PAD (effect button) is pushed).
Once you deactivate it (release the PAD (effect button)), it goes back to the original active LOOP.

Posté Fri 01 May 20 @ 10:47 pm
nice nice, I kind of like how it works as a reloop, I was getting pretty avant garde with it, check your messages there's the whitelabel update for you to try

Posté Fri 01 May 20 @ 11:19 pm