Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet UI Slowing Down
SiDHEaDPRO SubscriberMember since 2005
Hello,

I've recently upgraded to VDJ 2020 as I was changing the laptop from Win 7 to Windows 10. I use a controller with timecodes on CDJs. On VDJ I had previously there was no issue at all, but now in 2020 every 5 - 10 seconds or so the ui goes quite slow so the wave visuals are effectively useless, which is annoying when trying to scratch drop things in.

I thought maybe it was the skin I was using, so I tried the built in default and it's the same. The CPU usage for VDJ isn't going over 30% and it's basically the only thing using it on the system. Have also turned off master keylock.

The machine is an i7 gaming laptop with decent enough graphics card (although it's a few yrs old) and everything is up to date.

What can I look at? Can grab a vid if it's useful.

Thanks

Posté Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 9:00 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
is it only happening when timecode is active?
is it also happening on normal playback on a single deck or only when scratching?

Posté Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 9:25 am
Hello,

I tried without timecodes, no real difference although I do note that with just one deck playing it is a little less frequent (every 15 or so seconds). I've made a quick video, and as you can see when I pan to task manager, barely any use. This is even with trying VDJ process at Realtime priority.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uQFHvgWY8TKkSwRC7

Posté Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 6:39 pm
Hi,

Sorry to bump, is there anything else I can look at? I tried disconnecting the controller as well and it is the same. I ran a latency checker and couldn't find any issue.

Posté Fri 01 May 20 @ 8:47 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
maybe its a GPU issue specially with nVidia but not only
take a look at FPS reported (usualy in this case <15% maybe less) by the "cpu meter"
you may try to run VDJ with intel GPU
or disabling DXVA

Posté Fri 01 May 20 @ 9:35 pm
Hello,

I've got an intel card in the laptop and it's set to full performance mode.

Hovering over the CPU meter I see that when it starts stuttering the FPS goes down to 15 or so, whereas it usually sits at 28. CPU not particularly raising when it happens and the other values remain pretty constant.

Has to be something silly, it was fine on Win 7 with VDJ 7.

Posté Sat 02 May 20 @ 9:04 pm
Any progress on this? I’m having the exact same issue for a long time now. This is ridiculous. Have an rtx 2060, i7, 32gb of ram and still get this.

Posté Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 3:31 am